The new Gameforge Portal - Feedback thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• If you read the last mail from the portal carefully, you will see, that the portal release is without OGame.
    There is still no date, when OGame switch to the new portal.

LG
    Being a QA is sort of like being a goal keeper. People only talk about you when you’ve screwed up. We are the silent guardians of game development, and they will never have to thank us.
  • Well I'm not sure if with 'last mail from the portal' you mean the second e-mail I received (which was 3 days ago), but there it says (same as in the first e-mail):

Lunati wrote:

OGame – The new Gameforge Portal is coming!

Welcome to the future, fleet commander: our new Gameforge portal is
    going live on http://news.gameforge.com/go/7/1RJJVVP5-1RFC30CW-1PRT764N-OLAWYY.com?utm_source=Retention-GF&utm_medium=E-Mail+Marketing&utm_campaign=MMO_PO_DE_SO_KID+2-29806-29806-1607-10320142 starting at the end of June
    2016, and OGame is there from the start!

What's the Portal? This:

- Gameforge Portal is a platform that offers you access to a
    multitude of games with one single login.
    - Basically, you'll only need one account for all games integrated
    into the Portal!
    - The Portal also encompasses the community pages for all integrated
    games - you'll find all the details on your games here, clear and
    all in one place.
    - The Portal will keep growing, we're planning to include new games
    continuously.

What does this mean for me?

- OGame has a new fresh presence – complete with elegant look, more
    information and content.
    - Alongside OGame, the new portal will also have all other Gameforge
    games, all presented in a design of the highest quality.
    - With only one account you will have direct access to all games
    that have been integrated into the portal. Ogame is the first to
    move to the Portal
    ; the remaining Gameforge games will follow during
    the course of the year. With this, your Gameforge account will offer
    you access to more and more games!

Stay tuned – coming at the end of June 2016.

Look forward to a new high-quality web presence from Gameforge and
    OGame!

But maybe you mean something else!?

Apart of that, I only found this in the origin-board (from the 14th of June):

Valent wrote:

And I know we said end of June for Portal to start "appearing" but due given feedback on Pioneers we will rework the migration process. So this will delay it a bit for all. Thank you all for your ideas, suggestions and complaints. Everything has been taken into consideration.

Maybe I did not have a look in the right place...!?

Apart of that, if this second e-mail is from Gameforge, something must have gone wrong there, because getting an announcement at the beginning of July about something that will be happening at the end of June is quite a bit strange... or isn't it? :crazy:
  • I got 2 german mails, where it say: "more time, more feedback, more features" and that ogame will not be part within the first release.
    I poked responsible person to check the mail send behavior.

LG
    Being a QA is sort of like being a goal keeper. People only talk about you when you’ve screwed up. We are the silent guardians of game development, and they will never have to thank us.
  • Nothing new about the mail sorry :/

About the portal itself:

Today the old Portal switched to the new one. Here some hints, workarounds provided from the OGame Tech Team :)

- If you can´t login with your old portal account data, just recover your password (worked for me)
    - If you had an new portal account before and now you miss several accounts from the live servers: Go to account settings in the portal and add your mail again and validate, then they should appear (worked for me)
    - The servers/Accounts don´t have the connected country, so it´s a guessing, if you play in more then 1 OGame community (The OGame Team reported the issue at 06.06.2016)
    - The netbar is now blue and white, was reported today (should be fixed asap :))
    - The portal seems to have a max of accounts, which can be displayed, wa reported today
    - After the update today at portal side there is NO REGISTRATION possible on all public testservers. For live servers you can choose the normal startpages to register.

LG