Selecting target and time from eventlist still does not work correctly

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Selecting target and time from eventlist still does not work correctly

My apologies first; I didn't notice the problem mentioned in the previous thread was marked as "done" and the thread was archived quite a while ago. I'm using AGO ver. 5.8.7 and the problem is still occurring.

The point is: AGO passes the correct time to the target tab when doing this operation, but the target tab displays the time in a wrong timezone (i.e. it uses the user's local timezone unconditionally, even when the user is turning "Change all time values into local time-zone" feature off). In fact, when you select a target panel's entry to launch a fleet, the fleet dispatch screen works like this:

Although the arrival time due (the target tab verbatim) is displayed as "23:00" in (A), it is actually treated as "15:00" inside AGO, as you can see in (B). (btw my local time is 8 hrs ahead of the server time.)

This also occurs when you manually type in the coords and time in the text area at the bottom of the target tab. You need to type the time in your local timezone even if you're turning the fore-mentioned feature off.
  • Found the problem, i store the timestamp without timezonecorrection - or display it without those correction.
    Images
    • TargetTime1.jpg

191.71 kB, 1,334×755, viewed 197 times
    • TargetTime2.jpg

187.69 kB, 1,336×708, viewed 165 times
  • Just noticed one thing I should append: The timezone problem in fleet dispatch (ii) and (iii) mentioned above can also occur when you don't use target tab at all. The screenshot below shows slowing down of an attack by means of ACS.
    You can see the arrival time due (underlined portion) displayed in the user's local timezone, just the same way as the target tab case. It indicates that target tab entries and "a probe joining the ACS" both pass internally correct time to the fleet dispatch screen, but the time is displayed in local timezone probably because those screens contain the same type of timezone glitch as target tab has.