No more support and development for my tools and scripts

• No more support and development for my tools and scripts

Hello folks,

As you can see from the list of tolerated tools and scripts, I have created a lot of such tools and scripts for this game. Most of them just fix bugs or brain-dead design decisions from the part of the developers, but many are genuinely useful.

Regretfully, I am forced to announce that I am terminating the further development of OGame-related tools and also the support of the existing ones that I have created. They will remain available for as long as the hosting sites hold them - but do not expect me to improve them, fix bugs in them, or develop new ones.

The reason for this sad decision is because the hare-brained morons from Gameforge have decided to close down all the game servers in my country (Bulgaria), with no option to move our accounts to another server in another country. Two thousand players are being kicked out, just like that. The official explanation is that there are too few of us to make the maintaining of the servers worthwhile - but this is clearly a lie, because there are several other countries with even fewer player and they are not being closed down. The only other country in which the game is being closed down is Latvia.

I have invested 6 years of my life in this game. I have reached 11th place in the stats. Those who are above me (all of whom are in my alliance) are consulting me daily about aspects of the game that they don't know and I do. For these 6 years, I haven't been crashed even once! In a way, it wouldn't have felt so bad if I had done something wrong - if somebody had managed to catch my fleet because of a mistake I've made, or if they had banned me for breaking the rules. But I haven't done anything wrong! And they will be removing my account, nevertheless - just like that!

Yes, I am aware that I can easily find an unused developed account in some other country. The Russians are already offering. But it is not the same. I don't want anybody else's account. Imagine having spent 6 years to paint a painting, that is just perfect from your point of view. Then some moron comes and burns it. Will you feel any better if somebody offered to buy you another painting and give it to you?

I apologize to my users, but I hope that you will understand - any motivation to develop anything whatsoever for this game and to help this company even indirectly, is gone. The company has been angering me for years with its attempts to kill the game (the idiotic, ugly, slow redesign; the smaller planets; the smaller storages; the moving planets; the countless bugs that were not fixed for months) but this one really takes the cake! I hope they die a quick and well-deserved financial death. They are clearly incapable of managing a serious project, of satisfying their users. Their incompetence will be their undoing.

Goodbye.
    • wow, I had no idea that they were closing down servers for entire communitys.. I´ve played for quite some time myself and I would be seriously pissed off if that happened to my community. Not even offering you to move to another server is just ridiculous, especially with the uni fusions just around the corner.

It´s sad but true, GF is destroying the game piece by piece and keep pissing their customers off with late bugfixes and stupid changes overall. I think you´re right, GF has dug their own grave and they´re about to be lowered into it :thumbdown:

Thanks for all your useful scripts though, they´ve made the RD a little easier to cope with ;)
    • Azgaroth wrote:

Not even offering you to move to another server is just ridiculous, especially with the uni fusions just around the corner.
      This ^^
      I agree and feel your anger over this, I understand from GF's point of view that it's not viable to have so many communities and so many servers with small player counts but all they needed to do is wait a little while longer and then move you into another comm...

Sorry to hear of your decision to leave, I wish you the best in all you do and thank you on behalf of us all here for the hard work and help you've given
    • I realy don't understand GF

Aren't they supposed to work to solve this problem ? deleting servers without deleting account ????
      The fusion will be so long to devellope that they cannot wait until that

Players don't trust GF anymore, and instead of giging a solution, GF delete accounts ...
      wtf ??

** OgameTech **
    • Very sad announcement. But I fully agree with You.
      I'm just wondering if it was really so hard to ask people from Latvia to move to other community during merging for example Lithuania?

Now some chapters are closed and some bridges are burned.

Azgaroth - there are 5 universes in Sweden. There were 5 in Latvia. You know what I mean?
      I hope I'm wrong. But what is gonna happen with other countries?
    • Horizon wrote:

Azgaroth - there are 5 universes in Sweden. There were 5 in Latvia. You know what I mean?
      I hope I'm wrong. But what is gonna happen with other countries?

Well, this is not a OGame-related decision by GameForge - There are other GF games in the affected nations which will be closed cause they decided to stop this language support in general. I don't know if this matches all existing GF games in BG, LT, LV and RS, but you can look around the game boards in those countries.

This means also, that all other communities are still supported in the future.

And yes, like a lot of other people i dislike the closing of a community without merging the universes to another community. I agree with opinons that's hard for those users and for many other the GF loose credit here.
      But the other side is - Be sure they talked a lot about how to avoid the closing of communities or to find a way for better solutions.

Regards, Francolino