WORTH MENTIONING: Change value of RIPs and Gravi

• Fleet, Defense and Combats

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• WORTH MENTIONING: Change value of RIPs and Gravi

We were thinking about it in Ogame.nl, so here is my opinion about Gravi and RIPs and the value of it in 2018

In 2009, when Ogame was in 1x speed or 2x speed and without click-buy values and using the "scrapyard?", RIPs were a project for each individual. Getting your project working means you have to get the amount of resources necessary for starting the project. Also you needed a friend who was going to hit your sats, so you could get some of the resources back used in it. Getting Gravi and therefore be able to get some RIPs was a whole undertaking. At night players who see you have gained a lot of fleet resources, but not so much more points would get some "Gravislaps" out of it. In 2018 and some years before that it is impossible in the most cases.

We have a lot of new features in the game since 2009, not all for the better. But we got them now, yet we are still stuck on 2009's values. In 2018 players can get their RIPs within the 200k points without any worries, just enough DM. In todays standards, 7x speed etc, gravi is not an undertaking anymore, just another random research. Getting Destroyers is tougher than getting RIPs.
      My idea is simple. Change the value of getting Gravi, and therefore, RIPS, so that players can get a little excitement out of Ogame.

Whilst Energy is main key in getting Gravi, you only need 300k energy and research lab lvl 12: I think this could be improved a lot.

Requirements needed for Gravi lvl 1

Research Lab: 12
      Energy Technology: 15
      Solar Plant: 30
      Fusion Plant: 15

Energy 1.000.000

This way we have to make more thought about getting gravi. You gotta get some Energy technology on a decent lvl, empty field space on the planets and most important: This way new players could get introduced to Fusion Plant. Not everyone knows what the benefits are of the Fusion plant in combination with Energy Technology. I still see so many players who don't even have 1 lvl of Fusion plant, but lvl 35 of Solar Plant.

Any thoughts?
    • Here's a thought - Go back to the drawing board.

While I somewhat agree that the "huge project" getting Gravi and the first RIP used to be, isn't anymore. I just don't see any reason for the requirements listed, HOW people obtain the energy needed, whether it being 300k or 1 mil, is in my opinion entirely up to them. Energy Tech dosen't affect either Solar Plant or Satellites as it should for this suggestion to be "considerable", though still the problem with the buildings. Whether you make the energy by Solar Plant, Fusion or Satellites makes little to no difference. Energy is energy.

I would much rather want a complete re-design of the Research and Tech system (including, but not limited to re-design of the Gravi research).
      Dark Matter LogBook
      Adding bots to Ogame universes with low player counts

Here you have the "freedom of speech" as long as you say "everything is OK".