Dark Matter LogBook

• General

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Dark Matter LogBook

Hi there,

In my opinion I think that players have the right to know the history of the Dark Matter obtained and spend at the account (regardless if account change owner). I suggest a LogBook page that one can visit.

This LogBook shod show all DM events from the beginning of the account to current date. Everything that comes in is noted (incl. price for the DM) and everything that goes out of the account is noted (incl. what it was used for: reduce time, relocate planet, Merchant ). Item for Item.

So from the top you get:
      + 8.000 - Activating account
      + 3.500 - Completing quest
      - 3.500 - Using Merchant
      etc.

This suggestion somewhat goes along with my next one, I'll edit the post with a link to the other suggestion as well later.

--EDIT--
      Here is the link to the corresponding suggestion, regarding how DM is spend

Using Dark Matter

--EDIT--
      Dark Matter LogBook
      Adding bots to Ogame universes with low player counts

Here you have the "freedom of speech" as long as you say "everything is OK".

The post was edited 1 time, last by Molle: Additional information ().

• Molle wrote:

Dark Matter obtained and spend at the account (regardless if account change owner)
      This is impossible, there is a violation of privacy .
      Maybe your idea could change in show log of last 7 days. The hystory of months, years what usefulness, I would challenge someone to check.

PS: please don't use your post to "spam" other thread

The post was edited 1 time, last by TGWo ().

• @TGWo
      "
      How can it be a violation of privacy? If I have exchanged one account for another, I own that account. That means I have the right for this information.

If you for some wired reason find it problematic after all, then don't just say "Impossible". Try, like "ErikFyr" to find a solution for the problem. The option to clear the log could be a way to work around it.
      "

You may find my tone rather harsh, but I have played Ogame many times over many years and it's the same reason why I stop every time. GF don't appreciate their players and I'm tired of it, I'm tired of not being taking seriously when proposing something that corrects these, at times, huge blunders GF make regarding Ogame. I'm tired of hearing "not possible", what I want to hear is: "I see the problem, what you are suggestion may not be possible (note it says MAY not), but I'm/we're looking into alternative solutions". If I had heard THAT, then I might actually have believed that you try to improve the game. Now all I can think is "he doesn't give a damn, because it won't increase the size of his wallet".

Don't get me wrong, I know perfectly well that if Ogame don't bring in a profit, the game will close. But not EVERYTHING has to bring in a profit. Sometimes you'll have to implement things for the FUN of it. THEN tou'll make a profit on the other things.

When I react with outrage, it is because I don't feel appreciated. What do you do when you don't feel appreciated? You either make a scene, scream and yell, or you walk away!

As a last note. This is not my opinion about you as a person, it's my overall feeling with GF over many years. This was many years of frustration that just got let out here, many of the frustrations don't even concern this particular matter.

--EDIT--

But regarding the topic, I can't see how you can deny players this information. In my opinion the players has the right to know what they have of DM, how they got it, what they payed for it (if any) and how they have spend it.

It can also be a tool for parents who don't want their kids to spend too much.
      Dark Matter LogBook

The post was edited 1 time, last by Molle: Back to topic :) ().

• Molle wrote:

Dark Matter obtained and spend at the account (regardless if account change owner)
      This is impossible, there is a violation of privacy .
      Maybe your idea could change in show log of last 7 days. The hystory of months, years what usefulness, I would challenge someone to check.

PS: please don't use your post to "spam" other thread

Molle wrote:

How can it be a violation of privacy? If I have exchanged one account for another, I own that account. That means I have the right for this information.

If you for some wired reason find it problematic after all, then don't just say "Impossible". Try, like "ErikFyr" to find a solution for the problem. The option to clear the log could be a way to work around it.
      In my opnion if you exchange an account, the player don't have right to know information about how you had used your money. At same time you say instead that it is a your right .......... I don't know law, so I only said my dubt.
      If you read with attention my post i didn't say "your total idea is impossible" .......... I said in my opnion that it is impossible = it is not permit by law to share information about use of money ........ my impossible is direct linked with the part I quoted.
      And i wrote also a my personal solution to improve your idea .......... to have no long logs, but only logs of last 7 (maybe 14) days .......... so it is implicit that if you have idea to exchange account and don't want to share logs, you have only to wait few days to be deleted automaticly.
      Solution of ErikFyr , maybe it is an other way possible.

Molle wrote:

But regarding the topic, I can't see how you can deny players this information. In my opinion the players has the right to know what they have of DM, how they got it, what they payed for it (if any) and how they have spend it.

It can also be a tool for parents who don't want their kids to spend too much.
      A question come easly : why do you need to know what did you do 2-6 months with dark matter ?
      In my opinion the only utility to have a log it is to check what you done in last days and found if there is a possible problem (if someone else has entered the account ).

About parent, i see more efficient if they check the credit card statement ......... but also 1-2 weeks of logs could help.

Logs longer I think it is a resource consumption, space in the databse, which the gameforge will find unnecessary and "expensive" ........ if then it's okay for them, I have nothing wrong (but then I would definitely like the button to clear the logs).

PS: I don't like often decision of GF to refuse an idea because need to use more time, to think more.

• Why on earth would you only need the last 1-2 weeks of information? If you think something is wrong, you'll have to go through the entire log to find the problem. It's like an accountant having to balance an account for one month, but only having 2 weeks of bills and no information about income.

When an account is given away GF recommends that you change the password prior to given it away. Despite me HATING confirm boxes, perhaps one could be asked "with a chk box" if you also want to delete your DM Log? Lets try to find wayt to make it work instead of finding reasons for it to not work!

Those logs will be stored as plain text, that does not take up much space. If GF was concerned about disc space they should have kept the good old design, with no graphic. The game was much better before the re-design.
      Dark Matter LogBook

• @Molle I think that ErikFyr's solution is good, so I don't think we should add other contrary opinions vs. TGWo, he explained the facts are about privacy.

Molle wrote:

Those logs will be stored as plain text, that does not take up much space. If GF was concerned about disc space they should have kept the good old design, with no graphic. The game was much better before the re-design.

Molle wrote:

Lets try to find wayt to make it work instead of finding reasons for it to not work!
      Look Who's Talking! Please, try to stay in topic.

The post was edited 1 time, last by DeltaT ().