Activity * on the moon clicking overview - pro and contra

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Months later...... what's the outcome of this? It was introduced as a bug and fixed years ago. Does there need to be any further discussion? It was reintroduced as a bug, now it needs fixing again.
    Current voting stands at an overwhelming 86% fix it to 14%, leave the bug in there.
  • I voted yes.

Ninjas are still possible there's no reason to change the Activity (*) behavior. You can still find ninjas on the forum HoF section of most countries so this is not an problem.
    With the ability to Move planets it's easy to get a colony out of radar. It's also possible to do it with a mobile colony which is easy to obtain by deleting an existing one or by leveling astrophysics 2 levels.

As some people stated before, the game would become easier for those with a lot of fleet and difficult to noobs and miners.
    As it is, it is safe for both and so it is more balanced.
    It's best to give advantages to everyone than to give an advantage to a minority and disadvantages to everyone else.

It's also good to remember that the pool results do not reflect the opinion of most players.
    If every player voted in this poll, it would probably have a different outcome.
  • With the activity * like it is now, some old HOFs would not have been possible. "Cloning" a fleet, for example, like this one - sorry for those who don't understand french:
    board.ogame.fr/board95-la-vie-…e-dwel-eden-ave-legendes/

For those who may not understand: Basically, the complete fleet of the defender was somewhere on one of his moons (hidden). Many of his friends were staying with some fleet on another of his moons with the exact same fleet (globally). No activity could be detected since the defender was only using "refresh general view". The defender used a trick for the 3:00 am reconnection (having a moon attempt, and the debris staying on his MP). Then the attack came, and instead of having 1 fleet, there was twice the fleet against him...

Don't ask me why I vote NO!
  • Yes. If you want to have a HOF, you can't just stay in your planet and wait for smb. That's not correct.
    PS If u can't clon in redesign, doesn't mean anything. It is possible and there are some HOF's in ru.ogame done in such a way.
    PSS Old way of clonning is kinda noobish.
  • kendiraton wrote:

With the activity * like it is now, some old HOFs would not have been possible. "Cloning" a fleet, for example, like this one - sorry for those who don't understand french:

For those who may not understand: Basically, the complete fleet of the defender was somewhere on one of his moons (hidden). Many of his friends were staying with some fleet on another of his moons with the exact same fleet (globally). No activity could be detected since the defender was only using "refresh general view". The defender used a trick for the 3:00 am reconnection (having a moon attempt, and the debris staying on his MP). Then the attack came, and instead of having 1 fleet, there was twice the fleet against him...

It's still possible with a hidden planet. You can use a hidden planet to click in overview.

Also, for that technique to work, the real fleet must be hidden somewhere so a mobile colony with a moon with jump gate is the best choice.
    If the real fleet was in a known moon then I assume the attacker was really confident and he didn't spied it before the attack.
  • Link wrote:

kendiraton wrote:

With the activity * like it is now, some old HOFs would not have been possible. "Cloning" a fleet, for example, like this one - sorry for those who don't understand french:

It's still possible with a hidden planet. You can use a hidden planet to click in overview.

Also, for that technique to work, the real fleet must be hidden somewhere so a mobile colony with a moon with jump gate is the best choice.
    If the real fleet was in a known moon then I assume the attacker was really confident and he didn't spied it before the attack.
    Agreed. But when you spy the moon you want to attack and the fleet is there, why would you spy another moon, especially without any activity? Of course, if you think this technics can be used, you would spy the other moons (but if you make your fleet fly when you are spied - if there is no activity * when you refresh your screen every 30 secs, you are safe).
  • kendiraton wrote:

Link wrote:

kendiraton wrote:

Agreed. But when you spy the moon you want to attack and the fleet is there, why would you spy another moon, especially without any activity? Of course, if you think this technics can be used, you would spy the other moons (but if you make your fleet fly when you are spied - if there is no activity * when you refresh your screen every 30 secs, you are safe).

I would spy other moons because I would be afraid of a ninja.
    You could make your fleet fly but the report would show activity and the attacker would know you are active.
    Either you show your fleet or you show activity. There's no way you can hide your fleet in a known moon.

That technique done without a mobile colony only works for catching confident players, ignorants to the fact that a ninja can happen. A good player wouldn't fall in that trap.
    Even a mobile colony isn't perfect because the attacker may be able to spot the mobile colony, but it's far better than hiding the fleet in a known moon.
    With the activity (*) as it is now, it's still possible to do it the best way and that is what matters to me.

I challenge everyone that voted no to find a technique that you can't perform at the present but that you could perform before this change.