Changing Rapid Fire to reinforce useless ships

• Declined

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Changing Rapid Fire to reinforce useless ships

To change the rapid fire in a really sensible way is really really hard and will take ages to adjust all necessary things. Maybe we can think about all of that later on, but for the next time we do not have the capacity to change that a huge thingy.
      - - - WTH was here - - -

PD

ogame has no bugs...only unbalanced features^^
      yeah my girlfriend too :P
      loool
    • For new universes, why not.

But for players who have built thousands of them, based on a long term strategy (I speak of old universes), it's like if you change the rule of the game of a play card (e.g. bridge): the king becomes less powerful than a queen in certain cases...
    • Dear author - the only thing I like is removing RF of battlecruisers vs HF because heavy fighter is useless nowadays even in huge fleets it doesn't reduce your losses.
      This ship would gain some real advantage.

But there are some big mistakes like:

1. Destroyer - good against battleships ?

It's a huge mistake if u take price of both ships. Actually battleship is very good against destroyer.

2. Battlecruiser - second best against deathstars ?

Battlecruiser makes huge losses vs deathstars and again battleship is much much better.

Battlecruiser price: 30/40/15 - I will change it to one resource to make it easier to count (2 : 1,5 :1)
      You have 113,33 Metal

Battleship price: 45/15 - (2 : 1,5 : 1)
      You have 65 Metal

So one battlecruiser is like 1,74 battleship. Now take 1000 battlecruisers vs 8 deathstars and then 1740 battleships vs 8 deathstars.
      Surprised? Battlecruiser can't get through deathstars defence and battleship wins a battle after 2 rounds.

3. Heavy Fighter - weak against battleship ?

Again (2 : 1,5 : 1)
      Battleship price in Metal - 65
      Heavy Fighter price in Metal - 11,33

1 battleship is like 5,73 heavy fighter.

100 bs vs 573 heavy fighters - Heavy Fighters win or drew after 6 rounds with much smaller losses.

4. Heavy Fighter - low production cost ...

With a metal : crystal ratio 6:4 I can't agree.

5. Light fighter is not so slow - it depends on level of your techs.

You didn't compare ships capacity, ships against defense and so on. There are many things which affect ships usability.
    • I can see that this post have been bumped and the thread is a little old but since it´s already bumped I thought I´d share my opinion as well.

I agree with Horizon on almost everything here.

You have completely misunderstood the battleships effectiveness against destroyer. As Horizon says, the BS is great against destroyers and not the other way around.

As also mentioned the BC is not the second best ship against rips, in fact it´s almost completely useless against them. Especially when you factor in the costs.

As many other players you also seem to think that the BC is overpowered and the BS is useless, which I completely disagree with. Yes, the BC has rapidfire against a lot of shiptypes and is also very fast, which makes it an awesome fleet-killer. IF and I can´t put too much emphasis on this, if your fleet is much, much bigger than your opponents and you´re attacking without fodder. If you´re attacking with fodder or/and against fodder the BS is actually far better than the BC because of its higher attack strength and the lower cost of production