Pinned An story/anecdote/quote every day

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Mother: I have met a wonderful man, I am madly in love with him.

I'm glad daughter, who is he, I know him ?.

Yes, he is the neighbor of the 5th.

Daughter that can not be, there is a lot of difference in age, that man is much older than you, he could be your father.

Mother, do not be old, the age difference does not matter, I love him.

Daughter, I think you have not understood me.

Because my will is as strong as yours and my kingdom as great ...

You have no power over me.
    • STONES.

An expert adviser of companies in Time Management wanted to surprise the attendees of his conference. He pulled out from under the desk a large, wide-mouthed bottle. He placed it on the table next to a tray with stones the size of a fist and asked:

- How many stones do you think fit in the jar?.

After the assistants made their conjectures, he began to put stones until he filled the jar.

Then he asked:

- It is full?

Everybody saw it and agreed. Then he pulled a bucket of gravel from under the table. He put some of the gravel in the jar and waved it. The pebbles penetrated through the spaces left by the large stones.

The expert smiled wryly and repeated:

- It is full?

This time the listeners doubted:
      - Maybe not.

- All right!

And he put a bucket of sand on the table and began to pour it into the jar. The sand seeped into the small nooks and crannies left by the stones and gravel.

- Is it full? he asked again.

- No !, the assistants exclaimed.

Well, he said, and picked up a one liter jug of water that he began to pour into the jar. The bottle still did not overflow.

- Well, what have we shown? He asked.

One student answered:

- No matter how busy your schedule is, if you try, you can always make it fit more.

- No !, concluded the expert: what this lesson teaches us is that if you do not place the big stones first, you will never be able to place them later. What are the big stones in your life?. Your children, your friends, your dreams, your health, the beloved? Or are your work, your meetings, your business trips, power or money? The choice is yours. Once you have decided ... put those stones first. The rest will find their place.

• Sorry for the absence, I've taken a few days off. And I'll take a few more days, probably until next Monday.

To compensate, I leave several stories ...

- Mother, I went again to dispute with my husband and to punish him I´m going your house.

- Daughter, that will not help anything, if you really want punish him ... I´ll go your home!.

Good Easter!.

• The teacher (female) asks Jaimito:

- Jaimito, if in a tree there are 5 birds and you kill one of a shot, how many are left ?.
      - None, teacher, because the others are scared and fly away.
      - Well, says the teacher, the answer is 4 but I like how you think.

Then Jaimito says to the teacher:

- Teacher, I want to ask you a question: in a bar there are 3 women eating an ice cream, one bites it, another sucks it and another licks it, which of the 3 is married ?.

The teacher blushes embarrassed and responds:

- The one who's sucking ice cream.
      - No, she's the one wearing the ring ... but I like how you think!.

• Many years ago, there was a little girl named Liz who suffered from a strange disease. His only chance to recover was apparently a blood transfusion from his 5-year-old brother, who had miraculously survived the same disease and developed the antibodies to fight it.

The doctor explained the situation to the girl's brother, and asked him if he would be willing to give his blood to his sister. He was seen hesitating for just a moment before taking a big sigh and saying, "Yes, I will, if that saves Liz."

While the transfusion continued, he was lying on a bed next to his sister's, smiling watching the color return to the girl's cheeks. Then the child's face turned pale and his smile disappeared. He looked at the doctor and asked in a trembling voice: "What time will I start to die?"

Being only a child, he had not understood the doctor; he thought he would give all his blood to his sister.

And yet he gave it to her.

• During a lecture on the great differences between generations, a presumptuous student took the trouble to explain to an elderly man sitting close to him, why it is impossible for the older generation to understand his generation:

"You grew up in a different world, really almost primitive" he said loudly enough to be heard around.

"Today's young people grew up with television, internet, mobile phones, jet planes, space travel, our space probes have visited Mars, we have nuclear power ships and electric and hydrogen cars, computers with light speed processes ... and plus".

After a brief silence the elder replied:

"You're right, my son, we did not have those things when we were young ...

SO WE INVENTED THEM!.

Now, tell me arrogantly, what are you doing for the next generation?.