Better use of the alliance deport

• Resources and Facilities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Better use of the alliance deport

As today the alliance deport is useless. it's supposed to be used when an acs defence is made, - to give deut to the defending fleet, but you take enough deut with you, when you choose the HOLD time ... so... useless - since you can't change the time of hold, when you first have left home.
      To make the allince deport usefull, it could be made so this is the starting point in an acs attack. Each lvl - one extra player - so when an invitation to join an ACS attack is send out, you choose the fleet you want to send in the acs AND IT JUMPS (like a jumpgate) into the alliance deport, and takes off from there. That means, that even though you have your fleet at 1:1:5 - you can still join an acs at 1:345:7 without spending enormous amount of deut and time.

• H. Shephard wrote:

Each lvl - one extra player

That would be unfair because of the kosts. More people; higher level and more kosts. At the beginning of the univers or with new player it's at first impossible to do this. That's maybe a bonus for strong player.

Actually, with the current system, there's a maximum of 5 players in each side of an ACS and a total of 16 fleets on each side. Unless the suggestion is also to change that part of the system or the suggestion is meant to be 'each lvl - one extra fleet', you'd only need an alliance depot level 4. Levels 1-4 cost in total 300'000 metal and 600'000 crystal which is certainly not prohibitive as I read the suggestion.
      Mod @ OGame.org - Bugs & Complaints and Suggestions
    • Right, to ballace the game, each lvl adds 1 PLAYER - (with his 5 fleets) so to get 5 PLAYERS into an acs attack you need lvl 4. 6 Players - lvl 5. The positive side of this, is the jump. Is also meens that small (new) players can join the big guys, and learn - and make some extra "cash"

It's seems like Shepard thinks that any suggesions, that is a plus for the fleeters, is unfair. But the thing is, that - after have read several complains from fleeters, that the game is protecting the miners way too much. To be a fleeter is no fun anymore. People crashes there fleet, and either delete the acc or make to a miner acc. I for one, would leave Ogame in a second, if i had to play as a miner. No challenge at all - other than building mines and defence...

• I understand your way of thinking. But I also know the ideas from the german board. I only want to see something for both sides. Not only 4 ideas which will make the live of the miners becoming worse.

Ok the alliance deport doesn't make realy sence but for an aks attack I think its better that anybody has the same possibility to let so many fleets join as they wish. Connecting with the alliance deport I see battles where the one with the higher level wins.

Maybe I'm wrong but I do not agree.
    • The Alliance Depot is not only useless - it is also buggy. If you use it to send Deuterium to an ACS-Defending fleet that has not reached your planet yet, you will DELAY that fleet's arrival (instead of extending its staying time).

But I like restlesz's idea. Unfortunately, as kwinse said, it would require serious re-design of the internals of the game, in order to remove the upper limit of 5 defending players. In addition, the planets of the redesign are already smaller than the ones of the old design. It's bad enough that we have to fill them with Storages (the capacity of which has become smaller, too) - it will be even worse if we also have to use 4-5 fields for a good enough Alliance Depot.

As I said, I like the idea - but it is practical only if it is possible to remove the limit on the ACS-Defense participants and only if the planets are made a bit bigger. As I've said elsewhere, the theoretical maximum should be 300 fields, not 250. 250 should be relatively easy to obtain on the positions that give the biggest planets - just as now it is relatively easy to get a 200-field planet there.
    • H. Shephard wrote:

Ok the alliance deport doesn't make realy sence but for an aks attack I think its better that anybody has the same possibility to let so many fleets join as they wish. Connecting with the alliance deport I see battles where the one with the higher level wins.
      Well, as I said in the first post, the alliance deport have no use, since you take with you the deut you need, when you select the hold. And If i'm not wrong, you can have 20 players defending you, with 15 fleets each.... I suggested a use for the alliace deport.
      And since acs attack is "free" today, the balance of the suggestion that you needed lvl to add players in a acs, was that they then could jump into the alliances deport (from 1:15:3 to 1:345:7)

Anyway, I don't know how to make it work, and it was ment as an idea to get some brain storming around the useless alliance deport and maybe somebody came up with a good idea how it could be usefull.

• bontchev wrote:

ut I like restlesz's idea. Unfortunately, as kwinse said, it would require serious re-design of the internals of the game, in order to remove the upper limit of 5 defending players. In addition, the planets of the redesign are already smaller than the ones of the old design. It's bad enough that we have to fill them with Storages (the capacity of which has become smaller, too) - it will be even worse if we also have to use 4-5 fields for a good enough Alliance Depot.

I couldn't agrre more. The size of the planets are too small, espesially, when they have redused the storage capasity.
      I'm not sure, there is a limit to how many that can defend a player and with how many fleets. In redesign they have changed it, so you are staying at the planet you defend, for an hour. A lot has taken off, without setting the hold in the old design. Therefor you automaticly take with you the deut you need for the flight + enough to stay for an hour (in redesign). If you choose to stay longer, before you take off, you take with you deut for the chosen hours. Not many defending fleets needs to stay more that an hour. That's why I feel the allianse deport has become even more useless.
      I read somewhere about an idea, so you could lent out your fleet to another player. I'm not quite sure, that that's a good idea, but then this idea would have yet another purpose.
      But, yes an acs attack has the limit of 5 players