Buying DarkMatter and been able to share it with your friends or other universes where you play

• Maybe
    • Usability

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Buying DarkMatter and been able to share it with your friends or other universes where you play

Hello,

I play in an alliance, with several members. Since I'm spanish, there are people from many countries.

Speaking the other day, they wanted me (who lives in Spain) to buy DM and share it with others. As I told them, this is not possible right now. Their idea was been able to benefit ourselves of exchange rates and buying much more DM.

At the end, I spoke with a GO, and he repeated what I more or less knew: sharing DM is not possible.

And so comes my idea... of beeing able to buy darkmatter and sharing it with your friends or your other accounts.

More details about this:
      -> Players that play multiple universes will be happier to buy DM, as they can use it in all their gameforge games and universes. Right now, you have to buy DM in each Universe which is a drawback
      -> Alliance and friends will buy DM together in order to get the benefits of buying DM in big amounts. This will result in a more constant DM buying (example: each three months 5 friends buy 25€ in order to get Commander)
      -> This already exists more or less in other platforms (in Steam, buy 3 call of duty and pay 2, or beeing able to give games as gifts)

The way this should work is doing the DM buying in Mmogame, and sending it from there to your accounts
    • I am no GF-worker but I see 2 reasons for denying :

One reason :

Transfering of DM between accounts is very risky.

As far as I know there are plans to allow transfer of DM over the MMOGame-Portal.
      But only to transfer DM between accounts of a single person.

If they allow the transfer of DM between different persons it can be used to blackmail a person (e.g. a scholar) "Either you send me XX DM or I will break your arm." for example.

As DM corresponds to real money it is a difference to transfering resources.

So it is a lawful risk for the GF to enable such transfers.

The other reason is very simple :

With this possibility the value of the DM (the corresponding real money) will be reduced :)

The discount is for buying bigger amount of DM at once.
      If 10 Persons by at once they get more DM for the same money => The GF gets less money :)
    • SlowMotion wrote:

I am no GF-worker but I see 2 reasons for denying :

One reason :

Transfering of DM between accounts is very risky.

As far as I know there are plans to allow transfer of DM over the MMOGame-Portal.
      But only to transfer DM between accounts of a single person.

If they allow the transfer of DM between different persons it can be used to blackmail a person (e.g. a scholar) "Either you send me XX DM or I will break your arm." for example.

As DM corresponds to real money it is a difference to transfering resources.

So it is a lawful risk for the GF to enable such transfers.

The other reason is very simple :

With this possibility the value of the DM (the corresponding real money) will be reduced :)

The discount is for buying bigger amount of DM at once.
      If 10 Persons by at once they get more DM for the same money => The GF gets less money :)

It's really interesting knowing that may be GF is working to allow the transfer of DM between accounts of the same person.

Of the two reasons you gave:

1) Blackmailing
      You can actually give DM to other person, now you can give DM to other person through coupon.gameforge.com/

2) The value of DM is reduced
      That is a fact and the goal of possible buyers: get DM in groups and in a cheaper way.

This has to be thought as a marketing issue.
      Imagine three players that are friends. They buy DM each few months. With this, they will expense less money if they get the same DM.
      Now imagine three players that are friends. One buys DM, the rest don't. With this, the three of them might be buying DM together.

People I spoke wanted this option, because the couldn't afford to buy DM in big amounts, and the small amounts didn't worth it in their opinion (three months of commander costs 8€ with the 10€ option; it costs 4€ with the 50€ option)

EDIT:
      Kebab: Ok , now I see this issue was more or less spoken in the past. Sorry for double-posting, although giving the DM to other players wasn't posted there...