Adding the point "." the 3rd stage of sending fleets

• Implemented
    • General

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Adding the point "." the 3rd stage of sending fleets

Given that many people have become confused and often missed at the time of sending the fleet.
      We believe in a simple change that could help a lot the players.
      The addition of the point "." the 3rd stage of sending the fleet.

Suggestion: Add "." In the fleet sector , sending Fleet, page 3

[Pre-description]: basic idea and would activate at the time of transporting and / or transferring funds

[Description]: Basically add "." (dots) to separate thousands, billions, etc ...

[Requirements]: No, since it's a light and rapid change in the source code.

[advantages]: It would make it easier transport and/or transferring resources, avoiding the error typing less or more zeros that we wanted , to avoid having to return the fleetsave.

[Dis-advantages]: None.

Board Admin & Representative OGame Brazil

• Hello!

Reinforcing idea, i will post a picture of easy understanding:

Edit by Valent | Removed Imageshack Ad

Looking at the drawing, the white circles we determine load resources and the green circle a cargo space. The idea is to put same "dots" that have the green circle in white circle, separating thousands, billions...
      Whit this, we avoid erros in the transfers and/or transporting causing us to return the flee.

See ya ^^
    • thanks man for posting the picture XD

'll be honest ... I have no difficulties in this regard, but there are players who have.

So I think it is a valuable concept to staff, does not change the structure of the game, but changes the way you organize

staff will approve is :P
    • As long as it's not what's currently used on first fleet screen to select number of ships. It clears the entire box if you want to change a single digit. Or if you type 2058, then delete the 2 to put a 1 and leave 1k behind, it'll fix the number to 5 instead. Or if you alt-tab to speedsim and then tab back, the number you entered is gone again.

so, in short, I like the idea, I'm just very very afraid of how it would turn out.
    • kelder, i understood that you mean, but i have a little knowledge about softwares and codes. It seems that not difficult insert these "dots".
      I understand thats needs to de change from the beginning, because softwares are not intelligent and don't for themselves, we need to complete the commands from the beginning, in others words they need to be cohesive.

Well,i believe that had problems with the site that host images, and i will post the image again..

Looking at the drawing, the white circles we determine load resources and the green circle a cargo space. The idea is to put same "dots" that have the green circle in white circle, separating thousands, billions...
      Whit this, we avoid erros in the transfers and/or transporting causing us to return the fleet.
    • I like this idea, too.

But when you see that GF is not able to handle correctly the ' (quote) character in french language (in messages for example, where it's always displayed with a \ in front - exemple: I write "J'ai besoin d'une sonde", and it is read "J\'ai besoin d\'une sonde", or even worse in the login page when the ' is replaced by a ` - "Page d'accueil OGame" is replaced by "Page d`accueil OGame" in the <title> tag), I doubt they are able to code this without any bug... They are not able to convert characters in their HTML equivalent (i.e. "&quote;" in my example), so how can they be able to display a dot where it should be?
    • first of all i like this idea and it would really be nice to have somethin like that because the problems which the previous poster described happen to me each day more than once and it is really annoying.

but from a coder pov this is no trivial feature and it would consume a few to several hours.

ps: this could be made possible by a user script (which would be faster dev time :P)
    • I am against this proposal, at least for the reason that in different countries have different traditions in the use of signs separate categories. I really do not like the forced entry of separators in the menu trader who makes the hardly input values, especially with mobile phone.
      Down all separators! :cursing: