Corrosive Canon (OGame.ES Sugg)

• Declined

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Corrosive Canon (OGame.ES Sugg)

Function: Cover the existing gap between the plasma turret and the gauss cannon, with a cannon more efficient and economic. It's the cheapest defense that can destroy the battleship, like the plasma turret can destroy the destroyer.

Inconvenients: it's the most expensive defense that suffers the rapid fire. The plasma turret is more effective against Death Stars and destroyers.

Strategy: It would form a good defensive line combined in a proportion 1/6 with others defenses of low cost.

Description:
      When the big empires knew that the rockets inside the atmosphere had a disadvantage, their scientifics designed this defense which can reduces a fleet well conformed into a rubble. It works when the acid HCIO4 and water are vaporized in a ascendent cloud form which reach the highest layers of the atmosphere (ionosphere) where it increases its corrosive force thanks to the energetic charges. When this happen, the acid cross the ship's shield and it corrodes the circuits.

Requirements:
      -Shipyard (7)
      -Ionic Technology (6)
      -Shielding Technology (6)

Costs:
      Metal 40.000
      Cristal 20.000
      Deuterium 15.000

Tecnical Data
      Structural Integrity: 60.000
      Shield Strength:200
      Attack Strength:2.000

Rapid fire:
      Rapid fire from Deathstar: 15
      (is the most profitable defense for this kind of ship, making it very clear the space that would cover the corrosive cannon)

Profitability vs Plasma Turret
      2 plasma turret: 100k of metal and 100k of cristal and 60k of deuterium = 6000 attack
      3 corrosive cannons: 120k of metal, 60k of cristal and 45k of deuterium = 6000 of attack

Shoot order:
      1º- Rocket launcher
      2º- Light laser
      3º- Heavy laser
      4º- Gauss cannon
      5º- Corrosive cannon
      6º- Ion cannon
      7º- Plasma turret

Spanish community's opinion: Some players thinks this defense favors the "miners" in the beginning of universes, and it avoids so much the attacks; a solution of that should be a new ship for equalize conditions. Other players thinks this defense is necessary to fill the gap between the Plasma Turret and Gauss Cannon.
    • I don't like it because it costs much more than gauss, and gives little. It can't destroy anything stronger than cruiser in a single hit (just like gauss).
      As for deathstars, plasma is much stronger because deathstars don't have rf against it.
      So, when fighting regular fleets, I'd rather have 2 gauss than 1 Corrosive cannon.
      When fighting deathstars, I'd rather have 1 plasma than 2 Corrosive cannons.
      Anyway, I think that gap between gauss and plasma is a smaller problem compared to a gap between heavy laser and gauss, purely because of a bouncing rule against deathstars.

I like the name though.
      Life? Don't talk to me about life...