Limit bids to an increasing pourcentage

• Maybe
    • Usability

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Limit bids to an increasing pourcentage

Bids are not very well used because :
      - some players who wants to stop Ogame or just to annoy other players makes very big bids sometimes
      - some players puts millions of res in a bid just to avoid that a player robs it (after an attack) - last time, a player exploded 20k cargos, and the defender makes a bid of 147M crystal... I guess its not the purpose of the bids.

So my proposition is to limit the system, for example

- current bid > 5.000
      - max bid > 5.500 or 6.000 (10% or 20%)
      - you cannot make a bid if you're the current leader

It could really fix a lot of bad actions and makes the bid tool more attractive.
    • Hmm

Sounds not bad, will us also help to give some % of the bid back to the users. Also the option -> save ressources will not be possible.
      I will take this idea for discussion in our team

One point:

- you cannot make a bid if you're the current leader
      Hmm difficult, this is a normal auction element...

Nice :)
      Being a QA is sort of like being a goal keeper. People only talk about you when you’ve screwed up. We are the silent guardians of game development, and they will never have to thank us.
    • I feel that the ability to raise you own bid is the one thing that was done wrong. Players at .org are using that ability to lag the auction and removing that would certainly kill most of the lag. I have yet to see another auction where you can raise your own bid.

Not being able to raise your own bid should also encourage players to think about how much they want to bid the first time.
      OGame.org Mod: Suggestions.