Battles should be listed in-game!

• Implemented
    • Fleet, Defense and Combats

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Battles should be listed in-game!

I think there should be an area for list of battles occured in game. And this should be open to anyone. It would probably suit best to Highscores. When you click "Battles" you can just see who battled against who and list will start from most total damage to lowest. This is already used on 3.0.0 individually, independent from battles. So why not do the same for battles itself? You can even see details of battles but should not be detailed as much as normal detailed report. It can be just like in boards , original fleets and result. If anything is seen as "needs to be censored", by GF, you can do that as well, shouldn't be hard for you guys. But i think any battles should be listed and viewed by anyone. This way people who likes to hide their battles will be out in the open. I think battles should not be hidden from others and if one can battle then there shouldn't be anything to hide. And even if there is, this will heat things up. I wouldn't encourage that if it did affect miners, but since fleeters' point is to battle, what is the harm here? So, more activity! Just as targeted in "New Noob Protection" system! This will definitely make the game more active, being able to reach battles in-game is much more effective than on board. This will kill boards' battle area but i think battles' place should be in-game, not boards, not a place where you can reach after many clicks and lots of power of will. I myself use boards as much as an OGame player can but i think battles are not for boards. You can also add comments area to battles, so it won't really be any different than boards, only better.

The post was edited 1 time, last by NoMoreAngel ().

• Lack of information is a big problem in OGame.
      Therefore we should encourage people to visit the board more often, not less.
      Since the battles are the only reason to visit the board for lots of players, I don't like this idea.

Besides, not posting the battles is a kind of tactic for some players. It's trading a piece of glory for keeping the secret about the constitution of one's fleet.
      Life? Don't talk to me about life...
    • marv wrote:

Lack of information is a big problem in OGame.
      Therefore we should encourage people to visit the board more often, not less.
      Since the battles are the only reason to visit the board for lots of players, I don't like this idea.

Besides, not posting the battles is a kind of tactic for some players. It's trading a piece of glory for keeping the secret about the constitution of one's fleet.

I don't think anyone whose not informed enough about the game really gets pulled to the boards because of battles. As you said, most of those people doesn't even take a look at the other boards, so how can you be more knowledgeable just by looking at the battles? You can't. Plus, battles being in-game brings other possibilities. It won't be in boards, but some players who doesn't even know there's a board can now see every battle made after two clicks and strategise on it. Remember, there will be a comment section too, so noobs can learn much more in an easier way.

Also, if you let players choose, they'll choose to expose "nothing". Not numbers of ships, not total value of ships, not their economy points, not their given and taken damages, not their research points or not their honor points. I'm pretty sure i can find lots of players who wouldn't want to expose anything. I think this is an information should be open to anyone. You can always hide your fleets by not using them all in one of your battles if not needed. So there's also this new aspect. Players may think that all of your fleet was the one used in your latest big battle. Sure, they can check your military points, but this won't give any definitive opinions. Of course, you'll have to use all of them in one battle if the opponent is strong enough, but i think this can be interesting from time to time since those kinds of battles doesn't really occur often.
    • No, don't like the idea. It has to be my own choise to show my combat reports. As Marv said, it has also something to do with tactic. I am one of those, that doesn't post my combats, when it's a new uni. I also play under another nick, that my usual nick. Later on, I post of course, but at the forum - and under my usual nick.
      Why I do this? So nobody knows it's me, and therefor attack me, so I for example, can ninja. I've played two of my acc from new acc to # 1 ( the newest acc had 3 mill point, when I gave it away)
      Since I had two #1 acc, a lot of players know me, and that is not good in a new uni. Since I don't what people to see what I do at the board - I certainly doesn't want "everbody" ingame to see what I do.

So no. I don't like the idea, sorry

• It should be at everybody's discretion weather to show a CR or not. So i disagree to this suggestion (to show all CR).
      I also disagree to the option to additionaly choose whether the CR should be shown or not, because if you choose not to show the CR then your smashed opponent will show it vice versa...

I suggest to add an Chat-symbol anywhere which will be linked to the IRC on a click, and links to some threads in the board should be shown in the tooltip of that icon (Trade, Diplo, HoF). So it is more noticable that there are existing additional sections to show CR etc (and you can go there with 1 click). → see here!