inactive planets fading / multiple occupancy

• Alliance and Player Interaction

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• inactive planets fading / multiple occupancy

the number of longtime inactive players are at around 60% for every major region and the number is rising.
      univeres - even with a decent numbers of active players - feel like ghost towns because the distance between active players is artifical increased by dm corpses.
      the gf cant just delete these accounts because of german law and they wont move or delete their colonies for whatever reason.

so if moving isnt an option make multiple colonisation at one position possible.
      e.g. a players who bought dm goes inactive and is away for 60 days his position become available again.
      the colony doesnt disappear of course, its just faded.
      when i want to colonise there i am informed about that and what happens if the old occupant comes back.

the tricky part is of course what happens then. i think we all agree that its fair for the original possessor to be allowed to stay.
      what i imagine is a temporary double existence like 1:1:4a and 1:1:4b which would appear in galaxy and fleet menu until things are sorted out.
      i think 72 or 96 hours are a reasonable time frame to find a solution. i would give both players the option to move their planets. give them the possibilty to negotiate if needed.
      the person who comes back from inactivity should get a notifcation box where he has two options: 'stay' and 'move' with 'stay' marked as default. the other player would see his choice.
      depending on what he chooses a recolonisation will take place for him or the other player after the time frame is over unless one of the players already moved on their own.
      you would be able to state a prefered location for the move. if it isnt specified the recolonoisation would be random.

when someone comes back who is in vmod the whole process doesnt start. if the person puts his account on delete or into vmode the process stops.
      then there are cases where ppl come back but not for long.
      there should be a trial time to determine if the person really is back. have it start 12 hours after the initial login.
      e.g. a person comes back after months of iI and logs in multiple times at the evening. but the person doesnt login in the next day and goes inactive again.
      if the person doesnt login between 12 and 60 hours after the initial login the process stops.
      to avoid misuse or account for rare cases where ppl only login 2 times a week there could be a strike system in place. 3 strikes and the process wont stop unless the person goes into vmode.