New universe seeding

• Fleet, Defense and Combats

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New universe seeding

New universe seeding
      I started a Yakini.us account and was... disappointed? with the spread of players.. 1:1-200ish has players intermingled, the rest of g1 and really the rest of the uni is 100% empty. The old way of seeding a universe doesn't work anymore because we don't get enough players.

I suggest spreading new accounts in the seeding 1 per solar system until a galaxy is filled. The uni and galaxies are CIRCULAR now and are being seeded in the old way still.

Give everyone a slot 8 planet with average temperature and 200+(maybe even 220 to make home world special not a hindrance?) fields. Teach players a 200+ field planet is ideal for account growth? Maybe have that in the tutorial and use the home world as an example of what the rest of the planets SHOULD be modeled after. Just a thought to get new players off to a good start and get the player base spread rather than clumped.

If you want us clumped like that please just reduce the uni size by a large %, we simply don't have enough players to need all the space.

Pitched this on .us and seemed well received. Next step post it here to see what you guys think, ideas to add or change
    • I saw your idea on .us.
      It is not bad idea.

vulca wrote:

It will be worse : There is too few people, and you sprend them more
      I think it will be more interesting. But to phlanx someone you will need to have realy hingh sensor phlanx level. hehe :huh:

vulca wrote:

I suggest to reduce the number of galaxy and system, to gether players.
      You can't reduce the number of galaxy and system in existing universes.
      But we can do that in new universes. Especially on smaller communities, i don't think that .org and .de need reduceing the number of galaxy and system.
      We don't have so many players as we had before, so it could be nice idea. :thumbup:
    • This would only effect one planet, then you find others to locate near etc. Where ever miners set up shop/alliances and friends set up inevitably fleeters will come to as well. Seeding this way will make universes more organic. Imagine what happens when an alliance breaks up and you have battles where lots of players have planets.

Also you would have to have some planning for IPM and lanx range. And GF would love this because it'd likely bring more DM use through relocations

Suddenly referral codes seem like a fantastic idea to spawn near your friends as well. Also when the android app drops expect this in the comments section of the app store.....

"Use this referral code to spawn near me and I'll give you free resources and help you out" Nice way to potentially get some bonuses and/or help noobs so they stick around