Graviton Beam [translated]

• Declined

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Graviton Beam [translated]

Original thread: Promień Grawitonowy - nowa struktura obronna?

Welcome. I am playing quite long in ogame but I didn't use the forum before. Words of wisdom invaded me, that since a battleship already appear some time ago, so maybe it is possible to create something new for defense?. Old players (long time playing) knows that DeathStars are able to destroy any turtle without any losses and with small deuterium cost. Graviton Beam won't protect anyone from loosing his defense but will help to defend against deathstars raids only.

My idea is: Graviton Beam

1. Requirements:
      Shipyard 10 lvl
      Nanite factory lvl 1 (it will eliminate the possibility of this developing this structure on moon)
      Hyperspace drive lvl 9
      Graviton technology lvl 2

2. Cost
      7.000.000 M
      5.000.000 K
      1.000.000 D

3. Specifications (approximately):
      Structural Integrity ~ 24.000.000
      Shield Strength ~ 120.000
      Attack Strength ~ 500.000

4. The device is being deactivated after itsconsiderable damaging. After the battle there is 40% chance that it will useable later. Next level of Graviton technology will increase this chance by 5%.
      [For example: 3 gravitons technology = 45%, lvl 4 = 50%, etc.]

5. Rapidfire
      Rapidfire against Deathstar: 1

Some simulations:
      1 DS -> 1 GB = GB wins (DS destroyed)
      2 DS -> 1 GB = draw (1 DS down)
      3 DS -> 1 GB = DS wins (1 DS down)
      4 DS -> 1 GB = DS wins

6. Interplanetar missles
      In order to destroy 1 GB you need 250 IM (sent simultaneously). It must be not very profitable to send missles because attacker could send some missles before deathstars to destroy this structure. It makes no sense then.
      250 IM cost 9.375.000 resources and 1 GB costs 13.000.000 resources. I think it is fair for both sides.
      _________________________________________________________________________________________________
      Translated most important things.
    • Completely unbalanced when it comes to IPMs, the amount of IPMs that need to be sent in one wave would require a level 50 silo, which is unattainable even if you were to play on 50x. On a 1x uni you'd need to get a level 38 nanite just to be able to finish the silos in a single year.

Basically, if implemented, it would be the thing that everyone just masses up. Shield strength also forces the attacker to use destroyers or RIPs, and to just get past the shields you'd need 60 destroyers (at 18/18/18 ). This means that if a turtle starts to mass these things, you'd very quickly be unable to realistically penetrate it without suffering great losses because the 60 dess assumes all 60 hit the GB, which will never happen because of fodder, and even then you need more to damage the single GB.

Attack strength is also at the base level almost equal with what level 18 weapons RIP has. Though it only affects RIP vs GB, it's still too large.

Rapidfire isn't allowed on defense, so that's out. Graviton tech would affect rebuild already with level 1, unless base was set to 30, but whatever. Hyperdrive doesn't make sense, it's a defense structure with no engines, probably meant to be hyperspace tech (which then should be at level 12, since 9 is too cheap IMO for this). Shipyard level 10 also doesn't make sense, we need 12 for RIPs already, meaning this should require at least level 15.

For the end, a Deathstar is supposed to be the size of a moon. How big is this supposed to be, and how will building even a single one be ever physically possible without disturbing the atmosphere?
    • Every unit currently in the game has a structural integrity of metal + crystal. Is there any special reason for this be different? With the given SI, it would take only 2'400'000 / 12'000 = 200 IPMs in one wave to destroy this at equal techs, not 250. If SI were consistent, you'd need 100 IPMs, which is still ludicrous for a single wave.

Also, a rapidfire of 1 is normal combat. You need at least 2 to have any chance to fire again (assuming integer rapidfire values).
      Mod @ OGame.org - Bugs & Complaints and Suggestions
    • Graviton Beam

1. Requirements:
      Shipyard 10 lvl
      Nanite factory lvl 1 (it will eliminate the possibility of this developing this structure on moon)
      Hyperspace drive lvl 9
      Technologies 12 / 12 / 12
      Graviton technology lvl 2

2. Cost
      250.000 M
      250.000 K
      1.000 D

3. IPMs
      Impossible

4. Time building
      Shipyard 10 lvl
      Nanite factory lvl 1

9h 9m

5. Technologies 12 / 12 / 12
      Attack Strenght~ 110.000
      Shield Strenght~ 9

6. The device is being deactivated after itsconsiderable damaging. After the battle there is 20% chance that it will useable later. Next level of Graviton technology will increase this chance by 10%.[For example: 3 gravitons technology = 30%, lvl 4 = 40%, etc.]

EDIT:
      7. Built on the planet Graviton Beam is dependent on the level of development gravitons technology. Gravitons technology research level 2 allows for construction of 10 units Graviton Beam. Next level of development raises the possibility of expansion Gravitn Beam 5 pieces.
      [For example: 3 gravitons technology = 15, lvl 4 = 20, etc.]
    • 1. Why require WSA techs? Doesn't make much sense to me. And you mean hyperspace tech, not hyperspace drive, if the .pl thread is the one where you use the correct tech.

2. Somewhat better, but at that point you could just remove the deut cost really. Though IMO it should be upped to 100k.

3. If it's a defense structure, then it should be possible to IPM. If it's something like a solar sat, then repair chance needs to be removed. I don't see why the attacker should need to hold back destroying the largest defense structures. It'll be costly enough to do so.

4. Fair enough.

5. Yeah, no. You need to give BASE numbers here, not multiplied by techs. Also missing structure points. As for shields, I assume it's a mistake, since even RLs have 20 base shields. 900 would work I think.