RSS-Feed Feedback Suggestions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• RSS-Feed Feedback Suggestions

Hello There,

I had developed an RSS-Reader for Android who has now ~2000 aktive Users. And i had implemented the RSS Message Order for the Version 6. Now i had some Feedback Suggestions for it.

Feedback

First thanks for the RSS Update with the new Order! The RSS Parsing can now be Aborted after i had all new Messages and speed up the Refresh also it Save Traffic.

Alliance Broadcast Message

PHP Source Code

1. <item> <title>Broadcast by <span title="Player: surtic86|&lt;table class=&quot;playerTooltip&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt;&lt;th&gt;Homeworld&lt;/th&gt;&lt;td&gt;[2:158:10]&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;tr&gt;&lt;th&gt;Highscore ranking&lt;/th&gt;&lt;td&gt;339&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;" class="tooltipHTML tooltipCustom player advice">surtic86</span></title> <description> <![CDATA[ Moin :) <br /><br />und wie geht es euch? ]]> </description> <link>http://s671-en.ogame.gameforge.com/feed/item?feed=94267481ffbf5ec95118e86a1c3ed0dd&amp;item=1519828</link> <author>feedcommander.noreply@ogame.de ([player]103195[/player])</author> <guid isPermaLink="false">http://s671-en.ogame.gameforge.com/feed/item?feed=94267481ffbf5ec95118e86a1c3ed0dd&amp;item=1519828</guid> <pubDate>Fri, 19 Jun 2015 10:20:26 +0100</pubDate> </item>

Why is there a <span> in there? You should remove that.

PHP Source Code

1. <title>Broadcast by <span title="Player: surtic86|&lt;table class=&quot;playerTooltip&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt;&lt;th&gt;Homeworld&lt;/th&gt;&lt;td&gt;[2:158:10]&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;tr&gt;&lt;th&gt;Highscore ranking&lt;/th&gt;&lt;td&gt;339&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;" class="tooltipHTML tooltipCustom player advice">surtic86</span></title>

Why is there the TAG "<![CDATA[" ? There is also no need for it.

PHP Source Code

1. <description> <![CDATA[ Moin :) <br /><br />und wie geht es euch? ]]> </description>

Suggestion
    I offer my Users a Notification System about Messages for me i use it for Player Messages and Alliance Messages that i get Informed when someone needs something from me. No i support ~11 Languages and for evry language i need a constant String part of the Title to Identify the MessageType.
    Would it be possible (sure it is possible but i dont know if you want would do it) to add another Item Element into the RSS Message who Identify what kinde of Message it is?

Right now i do it all on my own with some other Players and gather all in one File you can look at this... really a pain in the ass :D docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d…qQc6pupVqFql10/edit#gid=0

Thanks for your time and work.