espionnage report management

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• espionnage report management

Hi,

There is still no checkbox on the espionnage messages, is that normal ?
    Because without that (and without an option to delete unselected messages), it will be very long to keep the 5/6 attractives reports withing hundreds of useless reports.

Without speaking of the fact that is is very hard to know wich report you saw, and wich you still didn't see (you may not see every messages displayed)

Then, I found that the favourite messages system would be perfect to sort the attractive espionage reports !
    You just select them as favourite, erase all messages, and prob again / attack.
    (Currently impossible because erased messages aren't displayed in favorite -_-. It's a bug ? Will it be solved ?)

But there is no option to erase all the favourites when you are done. :(
    And anyway, "reel" favourite messages are not supposed to be all deleted :D

So : Why not adding an other favourites section with only espi reports ?
    It would be usefull for raiders :)

Or add something to delete non-selected messages.
    Because currently, it is not very easy to sort messages

______

Seconde points : The short espio reports.

It takes a lot of place, but it lake a crucial information : the defense :oops:
    So, to know if that is an interessanting planet, we have to open the detailled report ....each time :x

Either make a realy "short" short report without much information (like on v5) or make a "big" short report with most of needed informations.

But do not make a big report, without decisive informations :huh:

** OgameTech **
  • About checkboxes, yes it´s normal. The new message system was not designed to have any checkboxes.
    But, I also got that feedback from others and put it on a list for user wishes, so it can be that they come back in an bugfix and polishing version after 6.0.0 release.

(Currently impossible because erased messages aren't displayed in favorite -_-. It's a bug ? Will it be solved ?)

Can´t follow oO

The erase all option is currently not available in all tabs. There will be another solution, also in an later bugfix/polishing version after 6.0.0 release. This will cause an huge rework of the current system. The current idea is to have an overall trash tab and for sure the delete all option.

For your request about favourite. You want additional subtabs e.g. espionage reports and also combat reports?
    I like the idea, maybe also to add that things for comander users.

For the defense part in the "short" view, that is also on my list for the bugfix and polising version after 6.0, also also got tha as feedback :)

LG
    Being a QA is sort of like being a goal keeper. People only talk about you when you’ve screwed up. We are the silent guardians of game development, and they will never have to thank us.
  • JoKy wrote:

Can´t follow oO

Select some espi report as favourites, and delete the message from the espio report table.
    The espio reports will be deleted from the favourites too :pinch:

For your request about favourite. You want additional subtabs e.g. espionage reports and also combat reports?

Yes for the subtabs for espionnage report. It would be a lot of time saved for raiders ;)

But I don't see the utility of a subtabs for combat reports. The current favourite section is perfect pour CR

I like the idea, maybe also to add that things for comander users.

:(
    I will use the current favourite sections to sort my espi reports then :D
    It is not how it supposed to be used, but I see no other way to keep only the nice espio reports (exept erasing all useless espi report one by one :dead: )

** OgameTech **
  • This is also something for after release. It´s planned to create a real new report then in background, so you can delete the existing one in the espionage tab, but in fav it´s stored.
    Current it´s only a kind of "reference" to the existing one, that´s how the system works now to improve performance and reduce dramatically the needed storage on the server.

I will add it on my list :)

LG
    Being a QA is sort of like being a goal keeper. People only talk about you when you’ve screwed up. We are the silent guardians of game development, and they will never have to thank us.
  • thanks for making this thread, i was going to post about the espionage reports but waiting for joky to answer me

so here is my list of rants:
    why do espionage actions from other players appear in the espionage column? shouldnt they be in the "other" section?

i like the fact that at least the player names are now coloured to show if the targets are honourable or not but the reports are not updated. so if a target isn't honourable anymore it doesn't show in the reports - "loot" is then false too obv.

then there is still the problem with the missing information in the "more details"-version. if there is a target for example with no defence the whole point "defence" disappears. here is what i mean:
    ressources:
    fleets:
    building:
    research:

it should look like this( even when there is 0 defence):
    ressources:
    fleets:
    building:
    defence:
    research:

because if you send an insufficent number of probes getting a report looking like this someone could think there is just no defence:

ressources:
    fleets:

so please return the old system where every point is shown even if there is none. i hope everyone(especially joky) understood it this time. if not tell me.

the two other things vulca already pointed out:
    the short version is nonsense without actual information about fleet and the defence at all. you can just erase the unnecessary long sentence about activity if you believe the short version would get to overblown.

the most important point beeing the time you have to spend to browse and sort your espionage reports. if check boxes are not hip anymore then please find a solution so players dont have to spend x times the amount for going through them. filters might be one.
  • First of all, this is not a section for rants, there will be a feedback possibility in your com boards after release of 6.0 (if nothing changed on that idea), there you can rant/complain.

The first part: The loot thing is already forwarded > bug :)

The espionage report, that you only see things, which are there and you should see just the topic, if nothing is there > I will add it on my list for after 6.0 release

LG
  • Yes. when the version goes on all universes, which will be "soon".

It´s a general decission which was made. Release with basic functionallity after that huge rework of the message system, which is involved in every system in ogame. We also need feedback from live servers, which means user feedback and also a check of errors / performance, which isn´t possible on the testservers.
    So it´s planned to have an bugfix and polishing version after the major version itself, where we also can add new stuff to the game, because the new message system is essential for further features and versions :)

So i create a list from feedback i get, maybe some stuff will come into the final release of 6.0 (depends of several things) and others will come later.

LG
  • Hello JoKy,

I suppose you are not the guy who take this kind of stupid decisions, but sorry... What's the hell is it ?

What's the joke ? Why having chased people to play a test universe if their comments about USABILITY of the system are not considered before the first public release ?

The public can accept some bugs after a release, but a lack of userfriendness of the interface can be dramatic for the audience of the game. Ogame have done no efforts during several years about the interface ( the reason why Antigame has become so heavy ), and now that we think that GF makes some things to be more professionnal, we see this kind of decisions ? Its ridiculous !

The communities are waiting for a long long time about very important features like war management or team management; instead of that GF announced a V6 with fancy features on messaging. The players have accepted that, but what will be the reaction if after one year, a buggy and unusable version of the messaging will break down their pleasure experience on the game ? Will they still be patient to wait for the V7 with really interesting changes ?

Please, take consideration about the return of the beta players instead of launching that like this only to respect your deadlines :|
  • Feedback is welcome, also your really usefull help in finding bugs and we also take care of each personal usability of the game. Every gamer has own priorities, how the game should look like, how the game should handle your personal preferences.

But, please also accept that after that long time and huge change, 90% of changes you do not see, was really really needed for the game. Not only for further developement, also to have an stable game.

We take care about your suggestions but i do not accept complains written in bad mood and flame in any kind.

Read through my post above and respect it. >click<

:closed: