Add OGame Rules to the tutorial

• General

• Add OGame Rules to the tutorial

I think that the OGame rules should be added to the tutorial and should be the first page a player sees when he creates a new account :)

It could be made somehow so you can only get further in the steps and play the game when you have read the rules :)

This way more people will read the rules as they will be more visible :)

As a GO I meet players sometimes who didn't knew that those rules exist :)
      Origin Supporter
      TM - OGame.dk
      Mail: erikfyr@ogame.dk
    • ErikFyr wrote:

I think that the OGame rules should be added to the tutorial and should be the first page a player sees when he creates a new account :)

It could be made somehow so you can only get further in the steps and play the game when you have read the rules :)

This way more people will read the rules as they will be more visible :)

As a GO I meet players sometimes who didn't knew that those rules exist :)

this way more people will skip the rules... ^^
      We want to play a game and not to get a law degree...
    • Every player knows that somewhere exists a set of rules , they just don't take time to read , and this is a fact we can't deny. Is like any T&C you have to click that you have read and in fact you didn't, only to get to the desired content/ software etc.

Now comes the task of the GO who can use the ingame message to warn the player that he is doing something not in line with the rules and give the ban only after the player persists in mistake.

The new set of rules is a lot more "permissive" that the old one and is the duty of each game team to keep and apply the rules simple and friendly for all players.
    • Articulon wrote:

I think there also needs to be an easier to find rule list also for each uni in the uni itself. And when there is a change it should highlight to show there is a new rule you have not read.
      That is a good idea too :) I think changes in the rules should just be addressed with the ingame message system :)

CID wrote:

this way more people will skip the rules...

I think its just a good idea because the players will know there is some rules to follow when you play the game and they will be visible right when they create an account, if they choose to skip them and not read them then they will be banned when they break them of course :)

Valent wrote:

Every player knows that somewhere exists a set of rules , they just don't take time to read , and this is a fact we can't deny. Is like any T&C you have to click that you have read and in fact you didn't, only to get to the desired content/ software etc.

Now comes the task of the GO who can use the ingame message to warn the player that he is doing something not in line with the rules and give the ban only after the player persists in mistake.

The new set of rules is a lot more "permissive" that the old one and is the duty of each game team to keep and apply the rules simple and friendly for all players.

Thats true :) I normally skip the reading part where you have to agree to something too xD

But the idea here is just to make the rules more visible from the start of the game, then there might be a bigger chance that everyone reads them :)
      Origin Supporter
      TM - OGame.dk
      Mail: erikfyr@ogame.dk
    • I think this would be helpful as in this game it can actually be hard to find the rules. And the rules are important for the uni. It should have the rules like stats. Uni speeds, bashing rules, etc etc. It would be nice. I don't know half the rules in the unis I'm playing for certain(or I forget them) and I don't know where to find them.

On top of anything else I think there should be something easy to see in the uni own interface like near options that says "rules" and can light up when new changes you have not read exist. And when clicked it pops up a nice screen just like when you click on tech tree or the question mark for ships or other in game items. It could even be organized similarly into different categories.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Articulon ().

• CID wrote:

this way more people will skip the rules... ^^

Well, they better get that law degree if they don't want to get banned while doing something against the rulebook.

Another thing is that a player needs to check the rules anyways, so why not make it easier for them?

But sure I hear you, most would probably just skip them, like T&C :D