First look at the Combat Reports

• First look at the Combat Reports

So, after spending a little time looking around, here is some feedback on the new Combat Reports.

In the condensed version it would be nice to have the same information as before : number of ships/defense, number of loss, techs, then detailed loot and debris field.
    I like the moon chance info directly here as well, maybe also giving the info here if a moon is created.

Now, the new detailed Combat report.

I really like the fact that we can have all attackers or defenders fleet combine, makes it a lot easier to read. Same thing with the pictures, it's quicker to see what ships are engaged in the fight. Both those things are a huge improvement on the readability of combat report, which is a really really good thing.

My biggest problem is with the disposition of the details. From top to bottom is probably easier to manage for mobiles devices, but on a computer screen it's really annoying to have to scroll to see everything, and I think it would be so much easier to read if we had the attacker on the left and defender on the right.

I made a modified version of a combat report to illustrate what I mean. It's poorly made but I think you can still get the idea.
    On the Left there is the attackers fleet and the info combat info (fire x times …) and the rounds selection.
    On the Right there is the defenders fleet and defenses.
    Below that there is the Loot, Debris Field and Repaired defense information.

• The short version will get a rework and missing informations will be added

for the detail combat report

Why names? It´s similar the same as in shipyard or fleet menu, there you also only have ship names in tooltips. Adding name too will be too much and will take also extra place to show it.

I asked for a change of side scroll, but I have to ask you, why now a change here, the current detail view is also a scroll down one?
    Being a QA is sort of like being a goal keeper. People only talk about you when you’ve screwed up. We are the silent guardians of game development, and they will never have to thank us.
  • JoKy wrote:

Why names? It´s similar the same as in shipyard or fleet menu, there you also only have ship names in tooltips. Adding name too will be too much and will take also extra place to show it.

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear, I didn't ask for ships names to be added, I like the pictures system. As you said it's similar to what we found in menus and it's easy to understand. I think it's a huge improvement.

JoKy wrote:

I asked for a change of side scroll, but I have to ask you, why now a change here, the current detail view is also a scroll down one?

The current detail view is not perfect but it make sense I guess. It's a lot of tables with ships infos so it has a spreadsheet like feeling and reading it top to bottom isn't that bothering because we can still see each round as a whole. That might be the biggest thing, currently you have to scroll down to see the next round, but you can still have the complete round info on your screen.
    With the new system the pictures take up more space and you don't see all the forces in presence. I don't mind having to scroll down for loot, debris field or repaired defense information, but having both attacker and defender on the same level in the screen, facing each other have a more immersing feeling. It's like a picture taken during the combat. Not sure if I'm clear, and I might be the only one feeling that way.
  • i know is hard to please all.

On the contrary, i have big problems reading the combat report with all those pictures, It may be only me , preferring text over pictures as i signed for a text based game 10 years ago.

All i'm suggesting is to have a dual system : have text based combat report with the possibility to enable picture based combat report.
  • CiberLugo wrote:

I have a question:

In the field: Debris field (newly created)

Is a Metal Icon, a Cristal Icon and a third call "darkmatter". It will be a DM collectable of debris field?
    Screenshot of this? And for sure you can find DM there (event)

Valent wrote:

i know is hard to please all.

On the contrary, i have big problems reading the combat report with all those pictures, It may be only me , preferring text over pictures as i signed for a text based game 10 years ago.

All i'm suggesting is to have a dual system : have text based combat report with the possibility to enable picture based combat report.
    The part with Text over pictures is an addon thingy. Only some players are using this, sorry for the word ... ugly showing the name. As in shipyard or defense the name is always shown in tooltip. Showing the name on the ship or defense picture is no opportunity.
    A switch between text and fency version is also not planned. It´s the same discussion as on every change like the Redesign. It´s very hard to make a switch of the old one to a new one.

First of all we have to make a final functional version, i forwarded your comments of the CR so far.

LG
    Being a QA is sort of like being a goal keeper. People only talk about you when you’ve screwed up. We are the silent guardians of game development, and they will never have to thank us.
  • CiberLugo wrote:

JoKy wrote:

Screenshot of this? And for sure you can find DM there (event)

AS you can see, there are three elements, the right one, if you look the source code, is named "darkmatter".

xDDD

It´s a bug, just wrong Icon used :D

Thx for reports :) > Forwaded
  • It´s not necessary to report stuff in mad mood.

We are collecting feedback and most stuff is not final.
    The New message system brings some changes. A change is always difficult cause it changes something (logically). If you are used to handle message in one way you always screem "wtf" if it´s different. The New message system works like an message stream, that´s why the usability is a bit different that right now.

especially if you are unable to show full reports or is that function just broken? <-- broken :)

LG
  • doch haste! :P

Naja man gewöhnt sich sicher dran, es is halt ne Umstellung, ich komm inzwischen mit dem grafisch aufgepeppten Berichten sogar besser zurecht als mit den bisherigen Berichten. Die Kurzversion von den Berichten ist ja Antigame angepasst, aktuell halt noch kaputt, da muss man sich die großen kaum antun. OGame muss wie gesagt mit der Zeit gehen und auch andere Zielgruppen ansprechen, vor allem im Mobile Bereich.
    Es ist immer schwer alle zufrieden zu stellen, also erstmal abwarten wies am Ende aussieht, danach kannste meckern. Idealerweise im DE Forum dann, die Jungs da sinds gewohnt :D

LG
  • JoKy wrote:

doch haste! :P

Naja man gewöhnt sich sicher dran, es is halt ne Umstellung, ich komm inzwischen mit dem grafisch aufgepeppten Berichten sogar besser zurecht als mit den bisherigen Berichten. Die Kurzversion von den Berichten ist ja Antigame angepasst, aktuell halt noch kaputt, da muss man sich die großen kaum antun. OGame muss wie gesagt mit der Zeit gehen und auch andere Zielgruppen ansprechen, vor allem im Mobile Bereich.
    Es ist immer schwer alle zufrieden zu stellen, also erstmal abwarten wies am Ende aussieht, danach kannste meckern. Idealerweise im DE Forum dann, die Jungs da sinds gewohnt :D

LG

English translation: :)

You familiarize with it for sure. Ofc its a changeover. I can handle the new reports better than the existings ones meanwhile.
    The short verion of this reports is fitted to ago but broken atm. Most times you dont need to watch the full reports.
    Ogame has to keep up with the times and especially at the mobile sector.
    Its always hard to please everyone. So just wait for the look in the final version.
  • Combat reports get a totally new shorter style in Alpha13 of 6.0.0

I suggested to implement a setting for disable pics in the espionage report for those old gamers. So those old eyes do not hurt anymore :P

LG