Solar Reflectors

• Resources and Facilities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Solar Reflectors

board.en.ogame.gameforge.com/b…485-solar-reflector-moon/

not my idea, just saw this and thought this should be seen in the light. i mean , come on. its been an age since a new building cam out. Plus this is a really worthy Idea. Coz Miners/Turtlers would REALLY be needing energy to run their mines right? Great idea, wish it would be encouraged :)

Solar Reflector: Moon

Having a moon is vital for fleeters, but is pretty much useless to the miners so I came up with an idea that would benefit the miners.

Solar Reflector: The only purpose is to reflect the sunlight towards the Solarplant on the planet. Each lvl gives 5% boost the base level of the Solarplant. The Solar Satellite will be unaffected by this.

why 5% per level? Because the amount of fields is very limited, you will have to decide whether you build a Phlanax or Solar Reflector.

Cost: Same as Phlanax

Solar Reflector: Cost = Sensor Phalanx

- - - - - - - -Metal - - - - - - - Crystal - - - - -- - Deut - - - Energy Boost (total)
      LVL1 - - - - -20k- - - - - - - - - 40k - - - - - - - - - 20k - - - - - - - 5%
      LVL2 - - - - -40k- - - - - - - - - 80k - - - - - - - - - 40k - - - - - - - 10%
      LVL3 - - - - -80k- - - - - - -- - 160k - - - - - -- - - 80k - - - - - - - 15%
      LVL4 - - - --160k- - - - - - - - 320k - - - - - - - -- 160k - - - - -- - 20%
      LVL5 - - - --320k- - - - - - - - 640k - - - - - -- - - 320k - - - - -- - 25%
      LVL6 - - - --640k- - - - - - - 1,280k - - - - - - - - 640k - - - - -- - 30%

Rules applies the same as Sensor Phalanx:

Quoted from "Crimson King"

1. One can build any building that is available to build on a moon on every moon they have if they choose to. This should be no different. Since one can only have one moon on a planet at a time, there is no having more than one of these affecting a planet. This should only affect the Solar Plant on the planet that is as the same coords as the moon.

2. If it requires a moon to build, it will be lost when the moon is destroyed by another player OR the player who owns the planet abandons the moon or planet. When a player abandons a planet, they do not get to keep the moon if there is a moon there.

Solar Reflector do not give boost to the Solar Sats.
      Edit by Valent
    • I like what I think crimson king was saying.

It should give a bonus based on the temp like SS have natrually. Then it can give a variable per level based on moon temps etc. It should also only affect solar plants. maybe under the logic that the moon doesn't give the light directly enough for the SS to benefit but a planetary system of larger arrays get a boost or something as the moon passes. The temp of the moon reflective, pardon the pun, of the volume of light exposure. 8p And then the moon temp being the temp that determines the stat bonus to the planets Solar plants.
    • yes, most of player's comments were positive in the long discussion thread of this suggestion.
      As a miner i find it nice although is a long time since i rely only on solar sats energy production.

the reason to implement a new feature is not only to be liked by the majority of the audience but it also needs to improve the gameplay or show some perspective for new strategies in the game.

I will edit the first post to quote directly here the suggestion.
    • Thank you Jack Sparrow, I was thinking about bringing the idea here in this forum.

The purpose of this feature is to add more value to building solar plants, because after lvl 25 it becomes pointless because it would be cheaper to just build satellites. With the Solar reflector availble it will put players into consideration on whether continuing to build solar plants or build satellites. With this, they won't stop only simply because the cost is not worth spending on little energy output, but more closer to running out of fields.

Of course the strength of the solar energy boost varies based on how close to the sun which will put players into consideration to colonize planets closer to the sun rather than the 3 slots that gives out the most fields.

This will also bring balance for the purpose of using the moon.

- Fleeters

1) To Fleetsave.
      2) To Jumpgate their massive fleet.
      3) To Scan for flying ships to attack.

- Miners

1) To Fleetsave.
      2) To Jumpgate their cargos to collect resources faster.
      3) ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

The Solar Reflector is meant to have a purpose to have a moon for miners, just like a fleeter would for Sensor Phalanx.