Save messages

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Save messages

Good evening,

I am developing a new script for Ogame and I have a question about a function to see if it is allowed.
      It is said in the resolution of a script scripts little not do what a paid option makes the game.

Basic game retains only 24 hours the messages get a player with the account controlling the time increases to 7 days.
      However infoCompte saves RC, antigame (via Alertnative) also saves RC or OGSpy that saves all messages.

A script can save all messages indefinitely ? Where are there any conditions ?

Thank you in advance for your clarification.

----------------
      Bonsoir,

Je développe un nouveau script pour Ogame et j'aurai une question à propos d'une fonction afin de savoir si c'est bien autorisé.
      Il est dit dans le règlement des scripts qu'un script ne peu pas faire ce qu'une option payante du jeu fait.

De base le jeu ne conserve que 24 heures les messages qu'un joueur reçois, avec le compte commandant le délais passe à 7 jours.
      Cependant infocompte sauvegarde les RC, antigame (via Alertnative) sauvegarde également les RC ou encore OGSpy qui sauvegarde tous les messages.

Un script peut donc enregistrer tous les messages sans limite de temps ? Où y a t'il des conditions ?

Merci d'avance pour vos éclaircissements.
    • Strictly legally speaking, in my opinion, it should be allowed (assuming you want to display the messages in the message window in-game). Since what you would do, is keep the messages forever, rather than extend the time to 7 days (commander). However I'd like to point out to you that you might just want to use RSS. All messages come up on it, and if you use an RSS reader you should be able to keep the contents after they expire from the RSS feed.

Thunderbird does this, at least for me. You'll have to remember to change out the feed:\\ with http:\\-.
    • Hello :)

First, thanks for you interest do develop such a script. And of course we can help you to know in detail what can be tolerated and what not for your project - Only i strongly recommend that you are waiting until OGame 6 will be released to the Origin test server. With this OGame update your project becomes nearly useless :)

As usual, i can't explain more or tell you any date, but it's not so far away.

Regards.
    • Thank you for your answers.

What's new that might be expected for Ogame 6?

I am willing to be patient, but if the fundamentals do not change, only data recovery will be reviewed.

So for the storage of messages, what can we do?

---------

Merci pour vos réponses.

Quels sont les nouveautés que l'on pourrait attendre pour Ogame 6 ?

Je veux bien prendre patience, mais si les principes de base ne changent pas, seul la récupération des données sera à revoir.

Donc, concernant le stockage des messages, que peut-on faire ?