Pro and Contra new fleet page

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• See my answer in the french board:

" Quoted
    Cannot back up to 5.8.15 again :(

So, if i can't win, I have to adapt ... (grrr), but I think, like others, that it will be better if we could hide buttons that we don't need."

See my words above - As said, it's possible that the buttons can be disabled, needs a few weeks.

The picture for the LAST routine is of course to replace later.

Maybe i upload the old version 5.8.15 in a few days (with disabled update feature) - BUT sooner or later it won't work with newest Browser or OGame versions.

To go on here:

- I have had already in mind to add a feature for hiding unneeded tabs - But for now it's to difficult, the fleet pages are complicated enough. First everything else must work fine.

- I am sure you can use this new concept for a few weeks with some buttons you don't need. AGO reduces the time you need to play in any case, so i can expect some patience from users.
  • Yep, but i think that buttons' bloc position was better at the bottom :p

I hope you'll change your mind about this

So, before, when I clic on a routine button, for exemple, the collecte routine button, I just need to do 1 clic, and the Fleet Page II was loaded, but now, I have to do 2 clics ? Or it is a bug ?
  • Rock'n'Rolla wrote:

Yep, but i think that buttons' bloc position was better at the bottom :p

I hope you'll change your mind about this

So, before, when I clic on a routine button, for exemple, the collecte routine button, I just need to do 1 clic, and the Fleet Page II was loaded, but now, I have to do 2 clics ? Or it is a bug ?

This is not a bug, this is intentional and the basic of the whole concept. See the french translation AntiGameOrigin - Fleet management concept of the concept.

The point is:

Selecting and sending a Routine with one click is nice, and for sure fine as long everything is correct.
    BUT - often you aren't really sure if all selections are exactly as you want them
    AND - much more often you can't use a Routin icon because you have to change a setting before.

Do you really want another set of Routine icons for flexible usage ? Or another setting or condition or whatelse to make them more flexible ?

The new layout gives exactly those advantages:

- You select a Routine and all details are shown.
    - If everything is OK, you can simply click the SAME icon again to go to the next fleet page.
    - If you want to change something, do it -- and click then.

This all is only possible if:

- 2 clicks are always required on fleet page I - First select, then check and change, second to send.
    - The Routine Icons are above the calculators and all details.

Anything else is a mess of icons and details and other informations - only it's similiary to the old AGO layout.

So - this new layout is a great advantage, it's simple without any special condition, without different solutions for the same result, without double information - and you are always feeling sure about what you are doing.
    So - i am sure in some days you will agree and love it.
  • Ok for the double click, I understand the idea, it's not bad, I just feel it as a boring second click, because I've never do any mistake with old button ^^

So, my problem, or question, or interogation is : "Is it easyer to have buttons above or under fleet icons ?" => For the moment, I still think that I prefer when they are under fleet icons.

Another fact/problem : I can't hide, for the moment, routine's icons that I don't want (I only use collect routine and hide fleet routine, I dont do any expedition, I dont atatck inactiv players ...). the fact I cant hide some buttons degrade my experience, and it's harder to make an opinion/choice, but I know you will resolve this problem ASAP, and I trust you when you says that it will be done soon :)

For other updates, I've nothing to say, I like your work.

To conclue :
    - 2 clics on buttons : okay no problemo
    - Sets of new icons : no, presents icons are ok, except the new "last mission", with the 2 arrows, it dont look fine ^^
    - Options for more flexibility : I would to be able to hide or display icons (in settings, a checkbox "hide this button" for example), or have the choice to use a routine, and not an other, and if a routine is note enable : the button is not display.
    - Buttons above fleet icons : i feel it unattractive/overloaded

Sorry for my english, i hope you understand what i fell :)

Finaly, I would explain that my problem with this new flee page 1 and buttons are : => this is not easy to pick up as 5.8.XX and esthetic problems :) :wbb: :thumbup:
  • Well, i knew your problem. I needed weeks to convince myself for this decesion because to change the layout completly ..... Like you i think it's a perfect idea to create those Routine icons around the OGame NEXT button - because they do the same plus they set something.

But each day i am using the new layout, i like it more and more - it IS much more flexible and i feel always sure what i am doing - this is excactly what i wanted and what i missed in the old layout.

About your details:

- The LAST mission icon is only a temporary placeholder, i am not a grafic artist.
    - Nearly sure i will add the "Enable" checkboxes again to disable each routine and it's icon in the tab list. But once again, this is something at the end of the development.
    - I am following the top-down principe .... Start to read and click at the top, check and change the preseletioncs below - Add other chips as you need or want - and go next at the bottom.
    It does not make any sense, if the icons are at the bottom and the affected changes are at the top.
  • Start to read and click at the top, check and change the preseletioncs below

It is more easy to understand the new layout with this sentence :) (and it is completed with the 2 clics on buttons).

For the moment, I understand the concept, and I admit that it's not stupid at all (pas bête du tout)... but ... old layout was very fast and intuitive, and I dont feel the intuitiv, instinctiv side on the new layout, at the moment.
  • Rock'n'Rolla wrote:

It is more easy to understand the new layout with this sentence (and it is completed with the 2 clics on buttons).

That's one important advantage of the new layout - Click a routine, check selections and simply click again if all is fine.

Rock'n'Rolla wrote:

For the moment, I understand the concept, and I admit that it's not stupid at all (pas bête du tout)... but ... old layout was very fast and intuitive, and I dont feel the intuitiv, instinctiv side on the new layout, at the moment.

Wasn't it the same when i created the Routine buttons next and below the OGame NEXT button ? Many, many player complaint about those "useless, ugly" buttons and they all wanted only one feature - Where to disable them.
  • A post on french board :

Jasko wrote:

ça ne pose pas de problèmes en soi, mais quand on multiplie les boutons sur lesquelles appuyer, on peut dire que c'est une régression plutôt qu'un progrès.
    d'où le soucis d'ergonomie comparé à l'ancienne version.

It is wath many french players feel : ergonomics was better with old layout.

But, I hear arguments, espacialy for 2 clicks, and I think that the good solution is to conserve the 2 clicks system, but place buttons like in 5.8.15 version :
    1) players clicks a 1st time
    2) players check if every thing is okey
    3) players clicks a 2nd time on button

In my mind, it is a good compromise.

But, in settings, there is a place where I can check "do actions by double click". Is is possible to do the same kind of checkbox for fleet page ? (and if it is possible, is it easy to do ?)
  • If the buttons are at the bottom - You have to go down, select a Routine, go up to change something , go down to the bottom and click next or the same icon again .... Is it that what you want ?

The general layout is already fine, that's why i released this update.

But instead of using clicks you can use keyboard shortcuts, for example E is for expedition - So, you can press two times E and you are on fleet II

At the end there is one shortcut for each tab and you can do all by pressing the same key twice.

When and where i am using the feature "do actions with a double click" is planned for the end of the development. But .. there is no difference if you do a doubleclick or if you click twice.
  • "go up to change something" => I rarely need to change something, and if I need, I do, fleet icons and other tools aren't very far ^^

But, this problem is realy a problem of feeling, and I don't feel that to have button above is easier for me.

From many years, we always click at the right bottom to send a fleet, and with 5.8.XX and preview, all buttons were in this area, near of the original "send" button.

I'm french, I realy dislike when very old things changes. :holy:

How could I explain ...

When I click on a routine button, my aim is to send a fleet, and these buttons make my life easier, but they deserve to send fleet, and in my head, buttons which deserve to send a fleet have to be near of the original "send" button.
    The "send fleet function" has always be located at the bottom right, and now, there are 2 send fleet button areas, and this feeling is quiet ... bllllllllllll, unpleasant.

EDIT : I've never use keyboard shortcuts, I dislike it ^^, and letters are so close ... :D
  • board.en.ogame.gameforge.com/b…/index72.html#post9547658

Francolino wrote:

Hello .)

Well, i know that each general change is difficult and annoying for the users which are loving the features as they are.

I explained my intention there, i have a lot of reasons for it, mainly for coming features Pro and Contra new fleet page

I've already created a test layout for all who want to have the icons below / near by the NEXT button - then it's nearly the same as before and you have also the new features.
    I am sure that i will spend the time to implement a changeable layout (Icons at the top, icons in the middle) because the first fleet page is the most important one in Ogame. Only - It's planned in one or two weeks when the important details are all done.

Right now you should keep an eye onto the Fleet tutorial, i use if for all development steps as well 08. Fleet

And why i released this final version now and not in a few weeks ?

It's a very, very huge amount of work and i would like to involve the AGO user in here to get feedback about better solutions, missing details etc. I think everyone can live with a "not perfect" release for around two weeks, at the end the fleet page is much more better for everyone.

:)
  • Beta 5.9.3.11

Finally, after playing with both layouts a while:

- I like the icons and calculators in the middle more when playing on the desktop machine - it's more comfortable.
    - I like them at the top for playing on mobile devices, at first with a phone.