New Offline Combat Simulator? [Looking for a development team]

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New Offline Combat Simulator? [Looking for a development team]

polymorph wrote:

Hey guys,

Unfortunately SpeedSim is not supported anymore. So I planned to implement a new offline combat simulation tool - based on some parts of the original SpeedSim-Kernel. But the Kernel is partially out-dated referring coding style, so this work will be hard and take much time!

So I am looking for support! Well, I plan to work with the following Languages/Techniques. So, if you are familar with at least one of them, feel free to join the team :)
      • C++11, because original SpeedSim was written in C++ for performance issues. C++11 is another step in the evolution of C++ providing up-to-date language-features.
      • Gtk aka Gimp Tool Kit. The original SpeedSim just works on Windows. But this is not necessary. With the use of a cross-plattform GUI toolkit, the simulation tool can be ported to Mac and Linux system (which is fine, because I am using Linux only). Of couse there will be a Windows-Version ;-)
      • Glade. It is a GUI-Designer which allows you to work at the GUI design without having to actually write code!
      So I am looking for you if:
      • You are a programmer with knowledge in C/C++ programming (writing C++ code is not too hard for a C-programmer).
      • Or you are a programmer with knowledge in C-like languages (like C# or Java; it might be a bit difficult but manageable).
      • Or you are familar using Gtk in the domain of C++ code.
      • Or you are familar with Glade and like to design the new simulators GUI. This is an important job, too!
      Short to say:
      • I am going the revive the abandoned SpeedSim-idea.
      • If you are a programmer or GUI designer, feel free to contact me :)
      So that's it at the moment. If there are some grammatically or orthographically mistakes, please be so kind to mention: English isn't my mothertongue (I really looked up this word xD)

Feel free to discuss about my project :)

Kind regards
      Polymorph from ogame.de

/EDIT: First approchas handling GUI-Dev and Ini-Files can be found here