24 hour delay when buying ressources

• Declined

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 24 hour delay when buying ressources

I'm from OGame.dk, and have played there for a very long time. I have seen quite a few changes to the game during this time - but the worst one was definately the possibility to buy ressources through DM. Unfortunately this haven't been enough to get me to stop wasting my time on the game, as I'm pretty hooked up on this shit :D

This very night I saw a ninja made on one of the danish OGame servers - a person on a blind 'lanx using enough DM to ninja 3 attackers. It should NOT work this way. The attackers are already gimped by the noobprotection, and so they couldn't even send all their ships, making it relatively cheap to make such ninjas in newer universes. In fact, I personally think that such behaviour destroys the last few purposes of the game.

Anyways, my suggestion is pretty simple.
      As I do realize that buying ressources wont be cancelled, I would instead love to see a 24 hour delay (or some other time, big enough for even RIP-attacks to not be ninja'd by such a move) when buying ressources with DM.

Maybe it could even have a sort of protection so you'll first get the ressources when you log in after this time.
    • Server reset might not be the best choice, as it happens during the night (at least that's the case in Denmark).
      That's also why I suggest a 24h delay - could work with an incoming transportation mission as well (something like the MS-things you buy, no one but you can see them) :D
      It could also work with a 24h delay + the time until your next login. This would work somewhat similar to the really old inactive production :)
    • There is more options than just delay the purchase.
      The only problem with the fast spend dm is that the attacker can't know about it and just crash his fleet to the defender. There is a few ways to know if the defender built some defense from the beggining of the attack to the 10-20 sec but after in the last 10 sec the attacker can't check the spy reports or statistics and turn the same time.
      In galaxy menu there should be a sign next to the activity like the attached picture and also there should be a recall button next to the planet which turns the first attack.
      So if somebody spend dm on a planet the dmactivity appears next to the activity and after 15 minutes it will disappear. This way the attacker can know that the target spent dm so he might walk into a ninja.

This way it would be fair to the attacker and defenders too beacuse:
      Attacker know the dm usage and can turn his fleet fast and easy as the can defender can use fast building dm to protect himself.
      Images
      • dmactivity.png

276 Byte, 14×14, viewed 203 times
    • Boonsey wrote:

triggered with any DM expenditure could be a (last second) bluff. wouldn't a DM activity flag raise other concerns?... such as telegraphing specific activity?

I didn't said any dm usage. I prefer that only applies too bought resources/fleet/defense (/maybe buildings and researches beacuse both be cancalled) and fast building with the shipyard.
      But yes it could mean a bluff too but rather spent a little deu which always spent on an attack than lose the fleet too.
    • i don't feel cash for res itself is the biggest change influencing fleeting risk. defender sitting on a moon currently under attack easily could've had cargo returning in time for speed build & Ninja. that said, it is speed build in conjunction with instantaneous cash for res that is a game changer like a dagger in fleeters back side. my perspective supports any consideration in this regard but leans towards delayed delivery.
    • lemme explain this example more clearly...

Boonsey wrote:

defender sitting on a moon currently under attack easily could've had cargo returning in time for speed build & Ninja.
      an accomplished fleeter would have studied a crafty target with full understanding where res FS is at time of planned attack and considered risks based on gathered intel. in this case Ninja using speed build and returning cargo is a mis-calculation or assumed risk born on fleeters skill. however, any design intended to accommodate instantaneous cash for res eliminates a good portion of existing game strategy. and the unlimited nature of both, speed build (dm cost capped) and cash for res foregoes any calculated risk.
    • Not agree

A lot of players use this function to get resources on the first day of the universe, so they can get some advantage in the ranking early game. Please, remember that you have limitated your purchase to 10k resources per "click" on the first week. Also, this feature is very expensive... I think that people wouldn't buy that ammount if they receive it 24hours later.

Therefore, I don't see the advantages of this limitation. An expert player should know about all premium features and which things you can do with them.
    • Danimanza wrote:

An expert player should know about all premium features and which things you can do with them.
      you are confused, expert players are very aware and shying away from this game because of it what you can do with it. if a lot of players purchase this res 1st weeks of a new uni and this alone tempts GF direction then no debate. its a done deal.
    • Boonsey wrote:

Danimanza wrote:

An expert player should know about all premium features and which things you can do with them.
      you are confused, expert players are very aware and shying away from this game because of it what you can do with it. if a lot of players purchase this res 1st weeks of a new uni and this alone tempts GF direction then no debate. its a done deal.

it was not my intention to end the debate. Of course we can discuss about this topic. I only gave my personal opinion :)
    • last evening i gave my account to a mate and i shall not browse any GF game again.

consider this: if I was to spend unlimited cash on this game to rule/punish all wanting adversaries every cash advantage is countered with a free option. cash spent on relocations thwarted with free and unlimited vaca. unlimited turtles to raise the ante. and unenforceable organized pushing. there just isn't any point here. my apologies to everyone who already acknowledges these shortcomings with (haphazard) current cash implementation.

unlimited cash aside, all these shortcomings still raise the ante in half dead uni's as well.

happy hunting.