Bot Detection? How cool is that? :D

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Bot Detection? How cool is that? :D

Hey there folks,

just read the changelog and it said sth about a bot detection feature. does that mean we'll be able to see if someone is using a bot? O.o or does it simply check our own accounts for bots? in any case, i love the idea! still, i think any botuser would just disable AGO, wouldn't they?

grz and thumbs up
      Malcolm
    • Hello,

AGO does NOT check other players or submit any information to me or someone else.
      It's the same behave as with some forbidden addons: If AGO detects a bot, it stops working and they see only a red colored menu entry without any function.
    • the idea seems tempting enough to me, though. you know, an anonymous email to the gameforge every now and then ... saying "hey folks, you might want to check on this or that dude" ... :whistling: where's the fun in using bots anyway? -.-

enjoy

*EDIT: i know, i know. that would require you to set up Terms and Conditions for usage, cuz you're transmitting personal data and so further and so forth. still, tempting ... 0:-)
    • It's not my aim to forward information about deteced forbidden scripts / addons or now bots to the GameForge or any game team. One important reason is, that a wrong detection is always possible.
      From my point of view it's enough that i don't support them and that those users gets a warning, because AGO stops then.