Hideouts take no fields anymore if you build them

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ... yes on the resources side I hope.
      In the beginning there are enough free fields on your planet.
      A few days after starting a new universe not only extra-DM user are out of sight
      have cruisers or more and a new or slow player ist still waiting for his
      first small cargo because he needs his res for building hideouts.

Free given Hideouts sorted 3:2:1 or 2:1:1 after validation up to 50k points
      would help to find a good basement special for a lot new players.

Dalhauk
    • Considering the amount of res that the dens protect, they won't be used, ever, by anyone except for the early stages in a new uni. Most likely not even then (res better used on other things). If they go offline after the player has gone inactive, this would definitely not cause any issues, but be accepted by most. For example, people could set up deut dens on their moons to be sure they have some deut to move a fleet around on them, bandits can have that completely stolen all the time, or if said bandit gets hit, he can't jump in recs to get the DF because all res on the moon including deut got stolen.

Unless dens are taken off the field count they won't be used. They'll be at almost the same level of use as Alliance Depots. And I think I remember that originally, at least when/how I heard it, dens were supposed to be kept off the field count.
    • Horcon wrote:

Considering the amount of res that the dens protect, they won't be used, ever, by anyone except for the early stages in a new uni. Most likely not even then (res better used on other things). If they go offline after the player has gone inactive, this would definitely not cause any issues, but be accepted by most. For example, people could set up deut dens on their moons to be sure they have some deut to move a fleet around on them, bandits can have that completely stolen all the time, or if said bandit gets hit, he can't jump in recs to get the DF because all res on the moon including deut got stolen.

Unless dens are taken off the field count they won't be used. They'll be at almost the same level of use as Alliance Depots. And I think I remember that originally, at least when/how I heard it, dens were supposed to be kept off the field count.

Exactly. And yes that was the original plan ;)