Free relocation for even levels of astrophysics!

• Free relocation for even levels of astrophysics!

Every odd level of Astrophysics give you a slot to build another colony; but, it is really too much pain to spend those large amounts of resource for even levels for nothing but only to be able to gain access to the next level. So... I thought it would be very nice if you get a free relocation for those even levels...

Well, if GF finds it too big to give away, it may be available from a higher level of astrophysics... :beer:
    • I like the idea.

A player is selecting planet locations based on a strategy. The situation can change along the time and a new strategy is necessary . Players could make a good use of this feature.

- you get something for a given research level
      - it can be used in early game and in late game as well
      - since is a free feature everybody can take full advantage of it , who wants more can pay, as usual.

in order to keep it under control ( to prevent excessive use of this free feature - with astro 16 you will have 8 free relocations ) it will be useful to unlock the potential relocation using an item found in expedition.
    • Very nice idea.
      But indeed maybe every 2 levels is to much.
      Maybe every 4 level's would be better.
      So lvl 4, 8, 12, 16 ...

And it should be the even numbers!
      The reason why:

When using odd numbers, a player would be able to colonize his planet in a position with high fields and afterwards directly relocate is to a higher deut or energy position like 12 or 4.
      It would mess up the game.
    • I think this idea is very good, and it would be very useful to the players...

I agree that it can't be too excessive, and I believe that Warsaalk's idea of giving 1 free relocation every 4 levels is nice and balanced...

Perhaps also starting in level 8, which isn't either too advanced or too early, could make it better, to prevent players from free relocating in the very beginning of the universes...
      Former BA @ OGame PT
      Former BA @ OGame BR
    • While is good to set restrictions to relocation, i think is very important to smaller accounts to have this option free ( at least 1 ). In my Go career i had a lot of complaints from newbie players complaining they are bullied by more aggressive players. It will be part of extended newbie protection to give them a chance to run away from the aggression.
    • Valent wrote:

While is good to set restrictions to relocation, i think is very important to smaller accounts to have this option free ( at least 1 ). In my Go career i had a lot of complaints from newbie players complaining they are bullied by more aggressive players. It will be part of extended newbie protection to give them a chance to run away from the aggression.

Indeed, the free players can have this benefit for 1 or 2 free relocation(s) to flee from aggression.
      I don't know of it is an good idea to put it in the extended newbie protection right away, maybe we can first look how it goes without it and that it later can decide of it comes in the extended or not.
    • Valent wrote:

While is good to set restrictions to relocation, i think is very important to smaller accounts to have this option free ( at least 1 ). In my Go career i had a lot of complaints from newbie players complaining they are bullied by more aggressive players. It will be part of extended newbie protection to give them a chance to run away from the aggression.

That's a nice idea but how would it work ?
      Should it be measured or default ?

You can't give only smaller accounts 1 free relocation without giving the stronger ones nothing.
      This would still result in a lot of complains.
      On the other hand, when you both give them 1 free relocation the stronger one could follow his farm, but that is probably very unlikely.
    • Thank you all for the feedback guys.

I don't agree with those who find it excessive to give a free relocation for every even level...
      There are many players (such as myself) who pay for 1-2 relocation per month. If it's not unfair when paid; it should not be when gained through research either; on the contrary it would make a fairer balance...

Yeah it depends but we can take that for an example; it took me more than one and a half year to gain access to level 18 which I am currently researching at Origin server. When it completes in 4 weeks, I would normally gain my 9th free relocation since the beginning of this universe. I must add that I'm well above the average of that universe (ranking 2) and it is 2x speed!! Do you think it's too much? Well then, I must say that I have already made total 36 relocations so far. (I know the exact number since I keep an excel sheet for those kind of records :rolleyes: )...

And lastly, being an advertisement professional, I would suggest that GF would benefit largely from that too. Once tried freely, there would be even more people who would like to purchase relocations with DM.
    • I also sustain the idea of free relocations, this can give more life in dying universes for experienced players and more security for newbies.
      As i said, all premium stuff should be also obtainable by non paying players. The paying players will always have the advantage of using the feature more frequent . Indeed the use of free stuff can create the sense of need ( addiction) .
    • yup, love the idea, especially the expedition item that unlocks it. however...

1) maybe the key is only possible if... say... a colony ship is included in the expedition fleet mix. this would prevent accounts from loading up with (useless) keys, or...

2) the key is in addition to existing expedition results, or...

3) the key is a consolation gift for alien plundered fleet, eh? :whistling: