Version 5.7 - Discussion Thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Version 5.7 - Discussion Thread

Can we get some useful amounts of DM for testing the new version? I mean, the new version is meant to be tested on the test server, isn't it? And I hope we are not expected to use real money on this.
    • it's a shame.. those of the GF, version after version, change after change, have completely ruined this gorgeous (once it was, not anymore) game..

they made this change on the pretext of promoting the shop on the older UNI, and have not considered how the game will be ruined in the next UNI!

I know that the GF is a company that needs to make money, but now their hunger for money led them to want more and more, without considering the negative aspects.. namely, that dozens of users (who also paid €100 a month to keep active officers, in addition to the amplifiers and the rest) in Italy, but I also believe in all the other nations, they decided to abandon the game, tired of yet ANOTHER ADVANTAGE in favor of those who pay to play..

but you do not need that I tell you true??? you can see it only from users who are playing on the new server have decreased gradually..
      in Italy, we have gone from 15k users 10 years ago, to (maybe) 2/3k today! 3k would be a new record!

I would not be surprised if in a few years you decide to quit ogame.. and the blame will be solely and exclusively your!!!

I find it strange that no one has commented negatively on this thread... on the thread for feedback Italian there are more than 40 pages with negative comments...
      but then, you do not listen to the players, you always do just what you want...

I am truly sorry that you were able to ruin one of the best FREE online browser of all time...

ogame WAS A FREE GAME, NOW has become the classic PAY FOR PLAY, PAY FOR WIN..

ps: sorry for my english, but I wanted to bring back what the whole Italian community thinks about this version..
    • Let me say that is absurd to say that new versions are ruining the game , i kept hearing this since redesign, not all the features introduced to the game are related to payment. In fact many are originating form this forum, suggested by players worldwide.
      Not many posted negative comments yet, mainly because one of the objectives of this forum is to gather suggestions for the improvement of the game not to vent anger and dismay.

Version 5.7 is here, nothing can change this but we need find new free features to balance the shock of this paying feature.

Here is what i proposed in ogame.org board :

- find new ways to give advantages to active players
      - find new ways to bring new players and keep them in game ( advertisment and not only) ( see "we have to invest in marketing" )
      - all paying features should be accessible to non paying players upon completing some quests requiring perseverance and/ or skill
      - give more advantages to those inviting buddies

If you do a search for word "freemium", you would be surprised what you get
    • Valent wrote:

- all paying features should be accessible to non paying players upon completing some quests requiring perseverance and/ or skill
      this is easily accomplished with existing expedition design. however, might I add an observation?...

trying to balance rewarded accomplishments may always carry with it a perception of advantage towards players already purchasing DM. and gifting these DM items shouldn't discriminate between DM/non-DM players. in that regard, a level playing field will probably exist while all players activate/use these gifted items because this suggestion proposes everyone gets one... so my thought is, why not just give the entire community a new item occasionally that can be activated for a free week of an officer, or a 30% buff, etc. announce this gifted item (placed into players account) as some event, "to celebrate a new uni", or "for the holidays", etc.
    • Boonsey wrote:

Valent wrote:

this is easily accomplished with existing expedition design. however, might I add an observation?...

trying to balance rewarded accomplishments may always carry with it a perception of advantage towards players already purchasing DM. and gifting these DM items shouldn't discriminate between DM/non-DM players. in that regard, a level playing field will probably exist while all players activate/use these gifted items because this suggestion proposes everyone gets one... so my thought is, why not just give the entire community a new item occasionally that can be activated for a free week of an officer, or a 30% buff, etc. announce this gifted item (placed into players account) as some event, "to celebrate a new uni", or "for the holidays", etc.
      From my gaming experience a gift has not the same " value" as an item for which you had to work /play/win.

We need to encourage active play, not passive play. On the other hand, is impossible to "positive discriminate" non-paying players from paying players. We can do one thing: encourage active play , bring players and keep players in the game . Giving out precious items only because you login to your account or even worse , only because your account exists is not a good idea.

Now my question is how do we encourage active play and how to make this equal for paying and non-paying players as well.
    • current incentives force invited buddy to start a fresh account. with account swapping a buddy entering an established uni has zero "buddy incentives" related to gifted DM and "buddy points". what if GF gave incentives to both buddies in this case...

I wanna purchase DM with auto debit and gain incentives. 30% more... and my designated buddy is gifted identical incentive 30% DM during my monthly/weekly purchase. this offers a buddy a small chance to "catch up" and/or offers a pair of buddies entering an established uni mutual incentives.
    • Boonsey wrote:

current incentives force invited buddy to start a fresh account. with account swapping a buddy entering an established uni has zero "buddy incentives" related to gifted DM and "buddy points". what if GF gave incentives to both buddies in this case...

I wanna purchase DM with auto debit and gain incentives. 30% more... and my designated buddy is gifted identical incentive 30% DM during my monthly/weekly purchase. this offers a buddy a small chance to "catch up" and/or offers a pair of buddies entering an established uni mutual incentives.
      Is not clear to me what you mean by "account swapping" - please give more detail.
    • Phelan wrote:

The option to buy ressources is most appealing to new players, especially in old universes. Of course this option will also be used in new universes, but here the noob protection will protect the non payers from the payers.

how many people there are who sign up on very old universes?? NOBODY!
      and nobody would spend THOUSANDS of Euros to buy resources to play on an old universe... they wait what will be started again and play on it...

in the end, so you do not do nothing but increase the gap between those who play without DM and who plays with DM.... at the time of the officers, you could still play to stay on top of the rankings without having to purchase DM.. now it is no longer possible.. if you do not buy DM, you can not get over the top200...

I am not criticizing the changes made​​, I'm only reporting what the Italian community think... any changes that the GF has done, has made them also to build customer loyalty, but the main problem is that you have had the opposite effect...

in my opinion, the worst changes that have ever been made are:
      1. function halves/complete (I do not know the correct English term): when a new universe starts, it allows to create a big gap, very difficult to recover in the future
      2. the autofleet: who had the idea of ​​adding this feature should be ashamed!!! whatever the reason, to buy Technician, or to facilitate the noobs, it was the worst change in the ogame's history! was given the opportunity to anyone, to never be destroyed.... under 500k points, just get a mini bunker to sleep in peace.. should send so many ships to win and make a profit, which necessarily should exceed the ratio 5:1 (or even 3:1)... then you have made ​​the fleets untouchable...
        on a x1 server, to reach 500k points it takes more than 3 months.. 3 months in which the crasher have a life impossible!!!!!

the motto of ogame has always been NO FLEET = NO FLOT..
      now, a player may leave all parked, and thanks to the GF he can not be destroyed from ANYONE..

if you seem to have improved the game, I hate to say it, but you live on another world..

you want an advice from a player (who pays into the GF's pockets more than €200 monthly) which now has lost most of patience??
      if you make a change that brings benefit those who buy DM, also put TOGETHER some advantage for those who do not buy DM...
      if you do it later, the players will continue to see betrayed, change after change, and eventually lose patience and leave the game...

ps: an advantage for active players?? put some benefit also for Bandits (and not only lose 100% of the resources when it is attacked) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

pps: can you better explain this sentence:

Valent wrote:

• @Valent: "account swapping" is a lazy term to include a player who leaves the game and leaves his account to alliance (perhaps because alliance pulled that account) and alliance has a friend who might consider taking over that account to join the game/uni. if a buddy joins taking over an established account (in an established uni) there isn't any way to involve current buddy incentives, no?

@BoGnY: you put a lot of effort into your auto-flee assessment and I agree that it is a pain in the... (nevermind) but truth be posted ...killing these newbs (owning self preservation compliments of GF) is possible, ya just gotta be willing to take more losses.
    • regarding skill to earn free DM items...

one opportunity perhaps, and taking from an existing suggestion (free relocation with (Astro) new planet slot)... maybe a few of these items could be awarded with each new planet slot? or perhaps with each new moon? in this case... 1) accounts with 10 planets and/or moons have to work much harder, 2) a fresh planet/moon clearly benefits from Commander queue, and 3) accounts that are still getting established will gain these premium items more frequently with each Astro level, eh?

just a thought...