RSS-Feed - add Message-Type to RSS-Item

• Declined

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• RSS-Feed - add Message-Type to RSS-Item

English
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Good morning everybody,

Since I'm working on my app "OGame RSS Reader for Android" i added 5 new languages to the main Languages German and English.

So I can associate the messages I have to parse each message and this is complicated with each new language. To counteract this effort and source of error, I would appreciate an implementation of message types in the RSS item.

Currently I have to do the following steps to notifications for another language to make it work.
    1. A player looking with the Appropriate language of the English or German speaking for the comunication
    2. Tell him what I need from him (this is not so simple, because for non-computer scientists, it sounds like to wirwar)
    3. The whole Implement
    If there would be the type of message I would have to make the whole only once and not per language and message type.

Thanks for your time

German
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Guten Morgen Zusammen,

Seit dem ich an meiner App "OGame RSS Reader für Android" arbeite kamen 5 neue Sprachen zu English und Deutsch hinzu.

Damit ich die Nachrichten zuordnen kann muss ich die einzelnen Nachrichten Parsen und dies wird mit jeder neuen Sprache aufwändiger. Um diesem aufwand und Fehlerquelle entgegenzuwirken würde ich mich über eine Implementierung eines Nachrichtentypen im RSS Item freuen.

Zurzeit muss ich folgende schritte machen um benachrichtigungen für eine weitere Sprache funktionsfähig zu machen.
    1. Ein Spieler suchen mit der Entsprechenden Sprache der English oder Deutsch spricht für die Komunikation
    2. Ihm erklären was ich von Ihm brauche (dies ist nicht so einfach, denn für nicht Informatiker hört es sich nach wirwar an)
    3. Das ganze Implementieren
    Wenn es den Nachrichten Typ geben würde müsste ich das ganze nur einmal machen und nicht pro Sprache and Nachrichtentyp.

Danke für eure Zeit
  • reini wrote:

Currently I have to do the following steps to notifications for another language to make it work.
    1. A player looking with the Appropriate language of the English or German speaking for the comunication
    2. Tell him what I need from him (this is not so simple, because for non-computer scientists, it sounds like to wirwar)
    3. The whole Implement

I don't know if that you suggest is really possible, but, here in Origin you can find people from all communities, who can speak English and their natives languages. I'm pretty sure they will help you with that steps :)

Check Team and be free to PM People from "Localization" or "Representatives".

Good luck.
  • Danimanza wrote:

reini wrote:

3. The whole Implement

I don't know if that you suggest is really possible, but, here in Origin you can find people from all communities, who can speak English and their natives languages. I'm pretty sure they will help you with that steps :)

Check Team and be free to PM People from "Localization" or "Representatives".

Good luck.
    It should be possible i don't know why not it's a normal XML generation who can be modified.

Yes i know that there are many Peoples but i would be great in the other way to make it easier for me and other programmers of rss readers.
  • Push :)

For now it looks like this... right now only two Message Types but i need to expand it for more Notification and Filter Options.

XML Source Code

1. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><resources>
    2. // US <string name="message_type_combat_report_us">Combat Report</string> <string name="message_type_espionage_us">Espionage</string>
    3. // DE <string name="message_type_combat_report_de">Kampfbericht</string> <string name="message_type_espionage_de">Spionageaktion</string>
    4. // RU <string name="message_type_combat_report_ru">"Лог битвы"</string> <string name="message_type_espionage_ru">"Шпионаж"</string>
    5. // FR <string name="message_type_combat_report_fr">Rapport de combat</string> <string name="message_type_espionage_fr">Espionnage</string>
    6. // ES <string name="message_type_combat_report_es">Informe de combate</string> <string name="message_type_espionage_es">Espionaje</string>
    7. // IT <string name="message_type_combat_report_it">Rapporto della battaglia</string> <string name="message_type_espionage_it">Spionaggio</string>
    8. // PL <string name="message_type_combat_report_pl">Raport wojenny</string> <string name="message_type_espionage_pl">Akcja szpiegowska</string>
    9. // RO <string name="message_type_combat_report_ro">Raport de lupta</string> <string name="message_type_espionage_ro">Spionaj</string>
    10. </resources>

The Methode where i set the Messate-Type also.

Source Code

1. public void setTitle(String title) { this.title = title;
    2. if ( title.startsWith(OGameRSSReader.getInstance().getString( R.string.message_type_combat_report_us ) ) || title.startsWith(OGameRSSReader.getInstance().getString( R.string.message_type_combat_report_de ) ) || title.startsWith(OGameRSSReader.getInstance().getString( R.string.message_type_combat_report_it ) ) || title.startsWith(OGameRSSReader.getInstance().getString( R.string.message_type_combat_report_es ) ) || title.startsWith(OGameRSSReader.getInstance().getString( R.string.message_type_combat_report_fr ) ) || title.startsWith(OGameRSSReader.getInstance().getString( R.string.message_type_combat_report_ru ) ) || title.startsWith(OGameRSSReader.getInstance().getString( R.string.message_type_combat_report_pl ) ) || title.startsWith(OGameRSSReader.getInstance().getString( R.string.message_type_combat_report_ro ) ) ) {
    3. setType( MessageType.COMBAT_REPORT );
    4. } else if ( title.startsWith(OGameRSSReader.getInstance().getString( R.string.message_type_espionage_us ) ) || title.startsWith(OGameRSSReader.getInstance().getString( R.string.message_type_espionage_de ) ) || title.startsWith(OGameRSSReader.getInstance().getString( R.string.message_type_espionage_it ) ) || title.startsWith(OGameRSSReader.getInstance().getString( R.string.message_type_espionage_es ) ) || title.startsWith(OGameRSSReader.getInstance().getString( R.string.message_type_espionage_fr ) ) || title.startsWith(OGameRSSReader.getInstance().getString( R.string.message_type_espionage_ru ) ) || title.startsWith(OGameRSSReader.getInstance().getString( R.string.message_type_espionage_pl ) ) || title.startsWith(OGameRSSReader.getInstance().getString( R.string.message_type_espionage_ro ) ) ) {
    5. setType( MessageType.ESPIONAGE ); }
    6. }

This is a lot stuff who repeats itself and is really bad to get for all this Languages. When it would get the Message-Type in the RSS-Feed i had no need for the XML who i define it and also
    only one line in the IF Statement.