Adjustable Online-Status in Buddylist

• Usability

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Yes in this cases i agree with you.
      The Background of the german idea was something different.

We got many StartUp activities for the diffirent universes.
      some of them publish their buddylinks for helping new players.

They want to help, but there is always some risk with that.

I agree with you, when we are talking about known buddies.
      But a solution for BuddyLink biddies is missing in my opinion.
    • Valent wrote:

it is a great idea to publish referral link and i agree is a risk .
      Only way i can think is to make a difference between friend ( no online status) and trusted friend (online status) like there is on other games .

When knowing the background of the idea, i agree with Valent.

But the restriction should be there when the request happens.
      So that when you're friends with someone he can't move you from the trusted to the 'untrusted' list, because else the problem wouldn't be solved.
      When you make a friend request you choose a type which implies you get in the same list on your friends side.

I hope everyone understands my point, because it was hard to write it in words :D
    • Warsaalk wrote:

Valent wrote:

Only way i can think is to make a difference between friend ( no online status) and trusted friend (online status) like there is on other games .

So that when you're friends with someone he can't move you from the trusted to the 'untrusted' list, because else the problem wouldn't be solved.
      When you make a friend request you choose a type which implies you get in the same list on your friends side.

I hope everyone understands my point, because it was hard to write it in words :D
      This is simple, the default setting should be friend and if you trust him you can promote him as trusted friend ( this should be unilateral ) . Only difference between friend and trusted friend can be the online status
    • Valent wrote:

Warsaalk wrote:

Valent wrote:

This is simple, the default setting should be friend and if you trust him you can promote him as trusted friend ( this should be unilateral ) . Only difference between friend and trusted friend can be the online status

So in other words you deside who can view your online status and who can't :)
      Good for me, much more simple than my idea.
    • before I chime in pro or con one question...

A) Friend = quick link to send msg (and no msg limitations w/o Commander when 6.0 released)

B) Trusted Friend = shared online status as well as quick link to send msg (and no msg limitations w/o Commander when 6.0 released)

Is this the long term plan?