Confirming Same-IP Players aren't Multis

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Confirming Same-IP Players aren't Multis

Not sure about some of you but it's obvious to me that some of these same-IP players are one person.
    Not their brother, mother, baby or cat playing this - it's one person.

I suggest GO's work together with same-IP players in finding out if two or more really are playing a Uni.
    How? A simple Skype conference with audio enabled (and/or video for further confirmation).

Not too long ago a few allymates popped 2 same-IP player's moons (previously banned for multiing until 'Clarified'). Both fleets were returning within the same 30 minute timeframe. Later on, when they decided to play as vmode warriors they'd pop in and out together in the same 30 minute period. Suspicious? Yes. Even the best of friends don't play like this, I can assure you.

Is this too hard to implement? If I was a GO I'd LOVE to be able to do this and I'd take the time to make sure of it.
    Letting this disguised multiing take place drives honest players away and/or makes honest players decide to multi.
    Giving one player the ability to have multiple fleet support/MD/trade accounts is plain ol' cheating.

Note: If not Skype, then what other alternatives? I only suggest this because the majority of Ogame players in any good alliance use Skype over anything else.

P.S. I know of at least two couples that play on the same server. It'd be interesting to hear thoughts from others who legitimately play from the same IP, and whether they wouldn't mind going through this confirmation process. I know I wouldn't mind at all.