Additional Research Benefits/Bonuses

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Additional Research Benefits/Bonuses

The idea is simple, and we've all considered it in one form or another. Not only am I proposing that no research should be un-useful past a certain point, but that most researches should accrue additional benefits to the player. I am going to propose not one but many modifications that could be made to existing researches, not hoping that all of my ideas would be implemented as is, but that the discussion can be holistic in nature, so that we consider a balanced and synergistic set of improvements, rather than one improvement at a time, in isolation. The benefit to the game, I think, would be to encourage players of all types to research certain technologies further to better their playing style, whatever it is, making the game a bit more exciting but not very much more complicated. Recently Plasma tech was modified to increase metal and crystal production by 1% and 0.66% respectively per level of tech, and Ion modified to decrease deconstruction costs. This is the right direction. Here are some additional suggestions I have for consideration, I hope to spark some good brainstorming here:

Energy Technology
      - Additional levels marginally decrease the energy costs of mines and
      synthesizers.
      - Level 15 unlocks new terraformer bonus, increases the maximum temperature and decreases the minimum temperature of planet by 2 degrees celsius per level of terraformer, thereby improving Solar Satellite and Deuterium Synthesizer output --OR-- Temperature Expansion = (Energy Technology Level *0.25) * Terraformer Level

Laser Technology
      - Marginal improvements to output of fusion plant (maybe 1% per level)
      - decrease in building time of light and heavy lasers (by maybe 1.5% per level, costs
      obviously remain the same)
      - and marginal improvement to the output of
      solar satellites (better conversion rate of collected solar radiation
      -> transfer laser, something like +1 per level, but pre-existing output adjusted so that Laser 10 is needed for sats to be as effective as they are now)
      - as well as +0.5% Crystal production per level.

Ion Technology
      - Decrease deconstruction costs
      - decrease deuterium costs of combustion engines by 1% per level
      - as well as +0.25% deuterium production and slight decrease in production time for Ion Cannons

Hyperspace Technology
      - Decrease jumpgate cooldown time (maybe 3 minutes per level, but adjust original jumpgate cooldown time so that JG lv1 with Hyperspace Technology lv7 = 1 hour
      - and decrease deuterium costs of hyperspace engines by 3% per level

Plasma
      - +1% Metal production,
      - +0.5% Crystal production,
      - +0.25% deuterium production,
      - decrease deuterium costs of impulse engines by 2% per level
      - and decrease production time for Plasma Turrets

Engine Drive Technologies unchanged

Weapons Technology
      - Same benefits
      - slight decrease in build time for all combat ships

Shielding Technology
      - Same benefits
      - slight decrease in build time for Small and Large Shield Domes,
      - as well as an extra boost to the shielding power of those domes

Armor Technology
      - Same benefits
      - slight decrease in build time for Rocket Launchers, Gauss Cannons, Cargo Ships and Recyclers
      - as well as +0.5% Metal production

Computer Technology
      - Option for players to use a 'fleetslot' which could be re-named 'computer slot' to increase production of one mine on on planet by somewhere between 5-10% (encourages miners to increase their computer technology as well!)
      - 1% decrease in research time for all technologies per level (works well in combination with IGRN)
      - Decreased chance of certain negative outcomes in expeditions (like navigation errors)
      - Level 10 needed for Nanite 1, Level 11 needed for Nanite 2, Level 12 needed for Nanite 3, Level 13 needed for Nanite 4, Level 14 needed for Nanite 5, Level 15 needed for Nanite 6, Level 16 needed for Nanite 7, Level 17 needed for Nanite 8... nobody gets Nanite 9

Graviton Technology
      - decreases build time for RIPs
      - increases chances for favourable outcomes in moon destruction missions
      - Graviton 4 allows for the following outcome in an expedition with 10 Deathstars and 1000 Espionage Probes: Your expedition fleet has managed to contain and control a black hole, which they will now tow to an orbit of your planet. Planets with black holes can transfer any amount of resources instantaneously between themselves. The energy of the Black Hole will be harnessed to produce 10.000 energy. The Black Hole is permanent.

That very very last part is kind of a joke... but maybe not. Anyways, consider all the rest.