Add 24h jumpgate cooldown to new moons/instantly completed Jumpgates

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Add 24h jumpgate cooldown to new moons/instantly completed Jumpgates

Original discussion (a bit heated): board.ogame.org/board684-ogame…-instant-building-option/

The suggestion is that you have a 24 hour cooldown for Jumpgates after you get a new moon, like there is for existing moons that have relocated. The cooldown could be triggered:
      -when the moon is created
      -when the jumpgate construction starts
      -when the jumpgate construction finishes (if finished with Dark Matter)

I prefer the first, followed by the second. The third has the problem case of people taking more than 24 hours before they hurry the Jumpgate.

Reasoning: It takes less than 24 hours to colonize a new planet, send moonshot fleets, get a moon, and insta-build a Lunar Base and Jumpgate. Since the colonization mission is invisible to the defender, you can get the new Jumpgate, jump in some Deathstars, and destroy their moons while they sleep, even at 1x speed. Players have used this tactic to crash others.

If a cooldown is added, the defender will have at least some notice that there is a new Jumpgate in their neighborhood and can react accordingly, just like with relocations.

Also note it is cheaper in DM to build the lunar base and jumpgate (216k at 1x speed) than it is to relocate (240k).
      Mod @ OGame.org - Bugs & Complaints and Suggestions
    • Just tested it in 680, and no the suggestion is not implemented.

What I did:
      1) Colonized a new planet
      2) Had MoonMaker give me a moon on that new planet
      3) Insta-completed a lunar base and jumpgate on the new moon (also hurried a jumpgate on the existing moon because I forgot to build it ahead of time but whatever)
      4) Jumped over some recyclers as a test

In less than an hour from colonizing I had built and used a jumpgate. This is a very dangerous tactic to face if someone is using it against you.

(the only reason I mentioned relocations at all is because they have a balance while this does not)
      Mod @ OGame.org - Bugs & Complaints and Suggestions