Death Star's should cost fuel. A LOT.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Death Star's should cost fuel. A LOT.

I get Death Stars are designed to hit things that don't move, but the fact that they don't consume fuel is outrageous.

There are some times to defend yourself, but some times there aren't!

As a miner, I'm being attacked by a player with 15 RIPs for two days now, while I have two moons, he simply attacks my colonies just to damage my small defence, I'm playing on a normal speed universe and I'm always online, I only have ~500 sats. So there is no profit in attacking me. He doesn't even gain honor points, he loses little amounts of them -so they mean nothing. I don't even let him take the debris of sats. He simply is bothered of my high-online status and he's jealous of my mine levels -said all of those himself. PLAYERS SHOULD NOT HAVE SUCH FREEDOM! He also attacks because he wants my friends to ACS defend me. So THEY can lock on their return. Most of us are top 10 players but they're first 3, and there is no better fleet even with 5 players. So they can't defend me. They can't attack his return. They can only help me by colonising closer coordinats, but since he's attacking to a planet, he'll just see the help on the way and he'll just recall RIPs. Only cost will be from our side. The help can't also be RIPs, because then closeness will mean nothing and they'll have the chance to either use also their fleets with RIPs, or attack the return of helper RIPs. So I'm completely helpless now.

I use a lot of dark matters for a miner, and I'm going to quit OGame if I don't find a solution to that.

Either I find one or not, I don't want you to help me for that, I want this UNJUSTICE to CHANGE!

If Death Star's fuel consumptions were to change, such bullies wouldn't have the luxury to attack everyone they like. They'd be forced to use DS's for their true meaning. For game's true meaning. And that is: Profit.

So, please comment only about my suggestion.
    • marv wrote:

I don't think Death Stars should consume a lot of fuel. They are slow, their deut consumption is low. I believe that's properly balanced.

Jeez... Have you even read the whole thing? It doesn't matter if they're slow. They're being used in abusing ways. Period. I already explained how and why lots of players can be defenseless against that. If there's no profit and people is still being harmed, this is an ANTI GAME ACT. That's the only way to prevent that. You're so selfish. There won't be stronger ship or defence than Death Star since there are thousands of rejected suggestions. SO THAT'S THE LEAST THEY CAN DO!
    • Taro wrote:

I lol'd. This is war game at first and TS wants to have immunity against attacks.

Oh, so you see some lines none of us see that says death stars should not be able to attack miners. I congratulate you.

Either you properly defend your statement or not speak at all. You're being childishly selfish. I hope some people who actually have say on stuff will also reply this.
    • Prequel wrote:

marv wrote:

I don't think Death Stars should consume a lot of fuel. They are slow, their deut consumption is low. I believe that's properly balanced.

Jeez... Have you even read the whole thing? It doesn't matter if they're slow. They're being used in abusing ways. Period. I already explained how and why lots of players can be defenseless against that. If there's no profit and people is still being harmed, this is an ANTI GAME ACT. That's the only way to prevent that. You're so selfish. There won't be stronger ship or defence than Death Star since there are thousands of rejected suggestions. SO THAT'S THE LEAST THEY CAN DO!

Look you specifically said:

So, please comment only about my suggestion.

I do think that Death Stars are too powerful, but I don't think that their low fuel consumption is the problem. Bouncing rule is.

I don't understand why you're calling me selfish? I'm not a RIP-er. I'm a turtle, and RIPs are threat to me as same as you. Maybe even more, because you'll never see a HoF where tons of people congratulate a RIP-er on destroying the miner. While destroying a turtle brings out all kinds of praises.

Furthermore, I can't imagine how can a miner who is always online in a normal speed universe and has access to DM can be defenseless against a RIP-er. Especially nowadays, when you can literally build 90 plasmas and 3 RIPs in a few seconds...
      Life? Don't talk to me about life...
    • Thanks for your comment. What do you mean by bouncing rule? I'm not sure how this can help balancing things. I don't think fuel will affect anything when there is profit. RIPs usually are used on important events. They'll bring much more than they consume.

Since your comment was a bit too short I took your comment sees DS's as fully balanced ships, appearantly I was wrong. Such undetailed messages usually implies, as you mentioned, turtle-congratulating-lovers, maybe a politer version of @Taro's. And I added that last sentence because i objectively feel there is something should change, also my last suggestion was treated as if I was asking for help. Anyway I'm glad we're on the same page.

Lasly, I said I use DM but maybe not that much. Also I won't buy any more DM's since the game has become a burden & addiction for me for a (long, actually, even if I don't want to admit) while (before any threat) and everyday I find lesser reasons to keep playing anymore, so I guess I more think of other players now or whatever.
    • The bouncing rule is the combat rule where damage less than 1% of the shield's strength is rounded to 0%. It's why Light Fighters can never break a Large Shield Dome's shields, and why Deathstars repel Cruisers or weaker (well, technically the cruisers can break through if the techs are skewed for the cruisers, but that doesn't happen).

No opinion about the suggestion at hand right now. *shrug*
      Mod @ OGame.org - Bugs & Complaints and Suggestions
    • The Death Star YET COST A LOT OF FUEL. Just to build it.

Its a war game, and fortunately the Dark Matter cannot ( yet :( ) protect you against attacks. And please do not consider players as childs, just after being crying like a young female here.

There are many ways to explode the Death Stars of your opponent, but for that you have to think, plan and organize the battle... And not just complaint. And thanks to idiot ideas of GameForge, you have now powerfull DM-tools to help newbie players like you to defend yourself.

:closed: please
    • This is a suggestion. You still haven't disproved my opinion. I already explained how and why lots of players can be defenseless against that. As I already written this exact sentence before. I'm not a newbie, I play the game for 7 years and I already am successful, my online time is high yes I can defend RIPs with destroyers or whatever but this is forcing to a another gamestyle, It's not a big problem for me but not all have such freedom. What if people don't have time? What if people only have fun while they're miner? A game should not force it's players to another gamesytle. Styles can vary in terms of success but a style becoming unplayable for some is definitely a problem. For example, yesterday on our national forum I read a post says a turtle a very respected player who's 3rd on his universe, with RIP attacks of 1st player was forced to delete his account. And It was probably an account between 20-50 million points. Does this feel just to you?
    • Prequel wrote:

This is a suggestion. You still haven't disproved my opinion. I already explained how and why lots of players can be defenseless against that. As I already written this exact sentence before. I'm not a newbie, I play the game for 7 years and I already am successful, my online time is high yes I can defend RIPs with destroyers or whatever but this is forcing to a another gamestyle, It's not a big problem for me but not all have such freedom. What if people don't have time? What if people only have fun while they're miner? A game should not force it's players to another gamesytle. Styles can vary in the manner of success but a style becoming unplayable for some is definitely a problem. For example, yesterday on our national forum I read a post says a turtle a very respected player who's 3rd on his universe, with RIP attacks of 1st player was forced to delete his account. And It was probably an account between 20-50 million points. Does this feel just to you?

Sorry, but if the 3rd player of an Universe is not able to survive, I've only one opinion : the 4th is probably better.
      YOU WANT A GAME, but this game IS NOT OGAME. You cannot register on a multiplayer game, and ask modification to avoid interactions with other players, its senseless.
      And you ask modification that will FORCE PLAYERS TO PLAY ANOTHER GAMESTYLE... Its funny, its just what you complaint...
      Ogame is a game with different players, with different strategies, and to be a good player, its not having only the best ranking... But also be able to react, protect and survive. This is too hard for you ? Go to play another game, sorry.
    • Sorry, but if the 3rd player of an Universe is not able to survive, I've only one opinion : the 4th is probably better.
      YOU WANT A GAME, but this game IS NOT OGAME. You cannot register on a multiplayer game, and ask modification to avoid interactions with other players, its senseless.
      And you ask modification that will FORCE PLAYERS TO PLAY ANOTHER GAMESTYLE... Its funny, its just what you complaint...
      Ogame is a game with different players, with different strategies, and to be a good player, its not having only the best ranking... But also be able to react, protect and survive. This is too hard for you ? Go to play another game, sorry.

What does better mean to you? For a turtle being better is having the most protective defense. For a miner being better is having the largest mines. For a fleeter is having the biggest fleet. I'm not asking for fleeters, RIP-ers, whatever, to be "unable" to attack miners/turtles, I'm saying, as fleets do, RIPs should also consume fuel so they CAN STILL BE USED but for a price. If there is no price in attacking for fun, not for profit, then players affect other players for their choice. If this is a game then the profit should be the center of it, but letting players use RIPs for unprofitable means is turning the game into something else.

What suggestion of mine is asking to force players to play another gamestyle? Is RIP-ing unprofitable targets a style?? You can still send RIPs for profitable turtles/miners, and get nearly same profit, since worth RIP-ing targets mostly have lots of resources and fuel won't chance anything.

The idea is pretty simple, if you want to damage someone when there is no profit, then you should lose something.

This applies to any other side of game:
      - You can't damage defences/sats with any ship without consuming fuel
      - You can't IPM defences without spending resources for IPMs.

But RIPs can damage to unprofitables without any price.

Their production price is not a price for attacking unprofitables since NOONE builds them just to damage unprofitable targets. They're built to help clear the way in gaining immense amounts of profits from hitting large amounts of fleets.

For the last part of your comment, I don't know what to say. You sound like everyone should be a fleeter to play OGame. Then why are there mines and defences? Mines just could be given to everyone everyday equally and there wouldn't be defences at all so we couldn't have a choice but to raid all day. But there are mines, and there are defences. OGame is not a game with one style. A miner/turtle can still react if attackers keep attacking even when RIPs are consuming deut, but then as i said, attacker will face consequences for his anti game acts. If any other side of game is against anti game acts, then why not this side of it should be so too?
    • The price of a RIP attack is the security of the RIPs. Each slow attack launched can be the last... But for that, it's necessary that the victims react in the game, and not on the Complaint Wall !

For your remark, I've several experiences :
      - 31M points on a fleeter account
      - 16M points on a farmer account

On the second, I carry my res with... RIPs ! I have to pay a lot of fuel because in some universe, some turtle players are not able to assume their choice ?

Yes, because build a lot of ressources IS A CHOICE, and before launch the first piece of defence the player knows that it's not unbreakable points...

Its exactly has a player who say "I make a lot of spy probes, but I never attack anybody. You cannot fight my probes, because you will force me to play another game".
    • iguypouf wrote:

The price of a RIP attack is the security of the RIPs. Each slow attack launched can be the last... But for that, it's necessary that the victims react in the game, and not on the Complaint Wall !

I believe you haven't carefully read my first post. I already know everything you talk about and with respect probably more, here I quote;

Prequel wrote:

He also attacks because he wants my friends to ACS defend me. So THEY can lock on their return. Most of us are top 10 players but they're first 3, and there is no better fleet even with 5 players. So they can't defend me. They can't attack his return. They can only help me by colonising closer coordinats, but since he's attacking to a planet, he'll just see the help on the way and he'll just recall RIPs. Only cost will be from our side. The help can't also be RIPs, because then closeness will mean nothing and they'll have the chance to either use also their fleets with RIPs, or attack the return of helper RIPs.

iguypouf wrote:

For your remark, I've several experiences :
      - 31M points on a fleeter account
      - 16M points on a farmer account

iguypouf wrote:

On the second, I carry my res with... RIPs ! I have to pay a lot of fuel because in some universe, some turtle players are not able to assume their choice ?

Okay, this was the most valid arguments you put ahead so far, but how many RIPs can a farmer/turtle really have? And how much will they cost in-system? Carrying res with RIPs is not an effective one since 10 mil woth RIP will only carry 1 mil res while 10 mil woth LC will carry 21 mil res. Not to mention most of the turtles leaves RIPs with their defences to protect themselves against RIP attacks.

iguypouf wrote:

Yes, because build a lot of ressources IS A CHOICE, and before launch the first piece of defence the player knows that it's not unbreakable points...

I'm not saying it should be unbreakable, I'm saying there should be price if there is no profit. And if there is profit then little will change. I don't ask this to protect PROFITABLE targets. Is it so hard to understand?

iguypouf wrote:

Its exactly has a player who say "I make a lot of spy probes, but I never attack anybody. You cannot fight my probes, because you will force me to play another game".

I never said any fleet should be unattackable. I even never said defences should be unattackable. I even multiple times implied defences should be attackable if there is profit. But unprofitable attack are anti game acts and those should not happen without consequences.

I already explained most of your arguments, if you just carefully read.., so please let's not discuss same things again and again.
    • Prequel wrote:

I believe you haven't carefully read my first post. I already know everything you talk about and with respect probably more, here I quote;

Quoted from "Prequel"
      He also attacks because he wants my friends to ACS defend me. So THEY can lock on their return. Most of us are top 10 players but they're first 3, and there is no better fleet even with 5 players. So they can't defend me. They can't attack his return. They can only help me by colonising closer coordinats, but since he's attacking to a planet, he'll just see the help on the way and he'll just recall RIPs. Only cost will be from our side. The help can't also be RIPs, because then closeness will mean nothing and they'll have the chance to either use also their fleets with RIPs, or attack the return of helper RIPs.
      Strategy. If he rides your defence, its for strategy. But you and your friends, you are top 10, but without any strategy. Its not the fault of the cost of a RIP-attack. Just to illustrate my opinion, I will just say that the top 1 fleet of Ogame.fr (more than 50M fleet points I think, but I could be wrong) looses 1200 rips, just ridding a bunker for no benefits. But the victim, I repeat, had just build a plan. Everything its possible. You just have to make your brain active... Just as the first glorious hours of the life of Ogame, when the game was not so easy than today.
      And here, I see two different way to explode a part of your opponents.

Prequel wrote:

Okay, this was the most valid arguments you put ahead so far, but how many RIPs can a farmer/turtle really have? And how much will they cost in-system? Carrying res with RIPs is not an effective one since 10 mil woth RIP will only carry 1 mil res while 10 mil woth LC will carry 21 mil res. Not to mention most of the turtles leaves RIPs with their defences to protect themselves against RIP attacks.
      Strategy, again. Its my strategy. I've calculated the cost in fuel to carry my res accross galaxy, and the res set in my RIPS are profitable after only one month. If, one day, I can make profits again a target, my investment will be paid more than X times.
      So, its the second strategy that you want to destroy.

Prequel wrote:

I never said any fleet should be unattackable. I even never said defences should be attackable. I even multiple times implied defences should be attackable if there is profit. But unprofitable attack are anti game acts and those should not be without consequences.
      Once again, its is not a Farm Game. Its a War Game. If you are a farmer, you have to be in Ogame a farmer able to survive between warriors. If you don't like this idea, you have to play a game without this War side.
      The first IPM of Ogame.world had been posted last week. One team of 6 players have launched IPM during 8 hours, without interruption. 92k IPM. Do you think its better ? With a team of 20 players, the cost of this operation is ridiculous...

Its life.

"Anti-Game" is a concept different for each player. For example, for me, a farmer that make disappear 100M of fuel on the Merchant is a "Anti-Game" players, regarding the players that search liters and liters of fuel. I don't complaint to delete the Merchant. I fight them.
    • iguypouf wrote:

Prequel wrote:

Quoted from "Prequel"
      Strategy. If he rides your defence, its for strategy. But you and your friends, you are top 10, but without any strategy. Its not the fault of the cost of a RIP-attack. Just to illustrate my opinion, I will just say that the top 1 fleet of Ogame.fr (more than 50M fleet points I think, but I could be wrong) looses 1200 rips, just ridding a bunker for no benefits. But the victim, I repeat, had just build a plan. Everything its possible. You just have to make your brain active... Just as the first glorious hours of the life of Ogame, when the game was not so easy than today.

No. It's not about strategy. It's about firepower. We simply don't have enough firepower. How exactly do you suggest us to hit those RIPs? Say, I have enough fleet to defend RIPs, or my friends ACS defended me. What will happen? Attacker will recall the RIPs. If it's my fleet, then he won't attack again, if it's ACS defend fleets, then he will attack again to make them consume fuel. So to stop him attacking only I can help myself. But then i'll have 1-2K destroyers or equal power fleet at hand forced to another style. Say I'm OK with that (which not so much), but what about others? What about people don't have time? What about people who hates fleets and only enjoys mining/turtling?

Other than that, attacking to his return is out of question too since I stated our firepower is not enough. There is no better ACS firepower in whole universe, do you understand that?

All of these are written on my first post.

And here, I see two different way to explode a part of your opponents.

Prequel wrote:

Strategy, again. Its my strategy. I've calculated the cost in fuel to carry my res accross galaxy, and the res set in my RIPS are profitable after only one month. If, one day, I can make profits again a target, my investment will be paid more than X times.
      So, its the second strategy that you want to destroy.

I don't understand what you're talking about. You haven't explained any ways. But anyway there is no other way than I wrote above and those are useless, so...

What was the first strategy i want to destroy? I don't see one. And about this, sorry but making players not to quit the game is more important than some fuel cost for some rare across the galaxy flights after months. Also, GameForge already considers Jump Gate to transport mines too right now.

Prequel wrote:

I never said any fleet should be unattackable. I even never said defences should be attackable. I even multiple times implied defences should be attackable if there is profit. But unprofitable attack are anti game acts and those should not be without consequences.
      Once again, its is not a Farm Game. Its a War Game. If you are a farmer, you have to be in Ogame a farmer able to survive between warriors. If you don't like this idea, you have to play a game without this War side.

I don't ask the war side of the game to be completely removed, I am happy to deal with deut-consuming-fleets who tries to makes profits to try to hit me. But this is not the same thing.

The first IPM of Ogame.world had been posted last week. One team of 6 players have launched IPM during 8 hours, without interruption. 92k IPM. Do you think its better ? With a team of 20 players, the cost of this operation is ridiculous...

Its life.

How is it not any better? If some guys tries to damage someone, they should pay for it, if they make profit then fine for them, if they don't then it's their problem. It's their choice to lose. Of course it's still bad for defender, but at least attackers also have losses and it took a lot more effort, therefore it's being done much more rarely.

"Anti-Game" is a concept different for each player. For example, for me, a farmer that make disappear 100M of fuel on the Merchant is a "Anti-Game" players, regarding the players that search liters and liters of fuel. I don't complaint to delete the Merchant. I fight them.

It doesn't disapper, it turns into other mines, mines never existed before. They're still there, and player chooses to use them for building mines. And those produce even more mines. There is also a cost for merchant. A cost RIPs doesn't have.

And please don't color what you write, it's being hard to quote.
    • Prequel wrote:

What was the first strategy i want to destroy? I don't see one. And about this, sorry but making players not to quit the game is more important than some fuel cost for some rare across the galaxy flights after months. Also, GameForge already considers Jump Gate to transport mines too right now.

Ah ah, its the center of the discussion.

For you, its important to avoid that players quit the game.

For me, its important to avoid that GOOD players quit the game.

Your proposition helps to simplify the game for players that don't want to invest time in it. And if you think that transport res through the Jump Gate is a good idea, or merchant is a good thing, I understand better your position about some faces of the game.

PS : about your problem, the case I speak about (the interception of more than 1500 rips in French Universes against the top 1 fleeter of Ogame.fr) uses a ingenious tactic. And I'm sure it could be used in your situation. But its not, I repeat, on the "Suggestions-To-Make-The-Game-Easier-And-More-Peaceful" that you will find it...
    • iguypouf wrote:

Prequel wrote:

Ah ah, its the center of the discussion.

For you, its important to avoid that players quit the game.

For me, its important to avoid that GOOD players quit the game.

Your proposition helps to simplify the game for players that don't want to invest time in it. And if you think that transport res through the Jump Gate is a good idea, or merchant is a good thing, I understand better your position about some faces of the game.

PS : about your problem, the case I speak about (the interception of more than 1500 rips in French Universes against the top 1 fleeter of Ogame.fr) uses a ingenious tactic. And I'm sure it could be used in your situation. But its not, I repeat, on the "Suggestions-To-Make-The-Game-Easier-And-More-Peaceful" that you will find it...

Well then you can easily suggest no fleets to consume deut, so the game can even be harder, you'll have to deal with players every second. You'll become one with the game. OGame is already a high online time demanding game, i've never seen a more demanding game. If there is no players left in the game, a handful of good ones won't do any good. The game lives only when universes are alive enough. The Hydra uni i play on has still a couple of good players left but the universe is stone-dead. And even most active fleeters find it boring, e.g. one of my friend tried to exchange his account with another uni, no one wanted his top 10 account.

You may talk about uni mergings, a whole lot of other things but this kind of anti game acts do play a great role in making the game the way it is now. And even all of this precautions will at last fail, because some things have never changed.