AOgame combat mechanics

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• AOgame combat mechanics

Hi all

I'm looking into trying to make a battle sim for ogame , as much because I'm learning programing and I thought it would be interesting learning project than any sort of need for a sim obviously.

Now Francolino was good enought to point me too a couple of posts on the 'internal maths' of the game.

What appears to be missing when I checked further is a complete description of the combat system and how ACS waves operate within it

Does anyone know of such a source.

Thanks for you attention

A.
    • K perhaps if I give you a rundown of how I think it is and anyone who knows better can correct me

Each ship/def choices 1 ship/def from enemy group to hit at random

Check for bounce - apply damage - check for RF

When all ships/def have shot

Remove casualties including low intergraty explosion chance and reset shields

So is there anything I have missed, got wrong

Also do ACS waves act as

Wave 1+2+3 vs def

or

Wave 1 vs def , Wave 2 vs def , Wave 3 vs def ... etc till all waves have hit separatley

Also what are the metrics for a win/lose and draw

Cheers once again
    • There is no removing of casualties and resetting the shields between the waves, but firing order is preserved.

So, if you have 2 waves:

100 lf
      50 hf

40 lf
      20 cr
      10 bs

Firing order won't be:

140 lf, 50 hf, 20 cr, 10 bs

Waves attack one after another.
      However, there is a problem with firing order. Before, you could set the firing order by putting the waves in the appropriate slots, but now it's random (at least, that's the latest information I have. It's hard to be sure with all those changes in the last few months).

Sometimes the firing order will be:

100 lf, 50 hf, 40 lf, 20 cr, 10 bs

And sometimes:

40 lf, 20 cr, 10 bs, 100 lf, 50 hf

But that probably shouldn't concern you (as a battle sim programer), because user enters the waves as he think they will hit.
      Life? Don't talk to me about life...
    • Ok that really does concern me though as someone once suggested to me that the order you send waves can be used to 'improve' the performance of the ACS

Was going to look into it but if they have changed it to random that may not matter

Also do you know wether that is one randomisation or one per round

Cheers for the info though