info: guida IRC

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Q13: I can't join a channel, it says I need an authserv account?

This means that the channel has mode +r set and thus only allows users that have registered to an authserv account to join. Its for security reasons mainly, in fact to prevent botnets from joining the channel.

You will need to create and login to an auth account in order to join the channel. See authserv account

Q14: Is there a way to connect to the IRC network without having to install a program?

Yes, there are two options:

Q15: It says I'm G-lined, what now?

A G-line is a temporary ban for the whole network; you will not be able to connect to the OnlineGamesNet at all for the duration of this ban.

You can see if there's any G-lines on your IP address and for what reason using the G-line check here: onlinegamesnet.net/checkGline.php
    DO NOT evade a G-line to talk with an IRCop in the IRC. This is called G-line evading and is strictly prohibited and will be punished harder than a G-line.
    If you feel the G-line isn't correct then use the contact IRCop field to enquire about the ban.

Q16: What channel and usermodes are there?

On OnlineGamesNet the following are supported:
    • Channel Modes:
      n, t, p, s, m, M, l, k, i, C, c, D, d, o, v, b, Z
      [spoiler=Channel Modes Explained]Mode: +n
      This mode ensures that you can only write messages to a channel when you are inside the channel.
      Mode: +t
      This mode determines that you can only change the topic, when you're chanop (+o ).
      Mode: +p/+s
      These modes define, that you can't see the channel in a /whois - unless you're inside this channel as well. The difference between p and s is, that you can find a "p"-channel with /list but not an "s"-channel. Only one of these modes can be set to a channel at the same time.
      Mode: +m
      This mode arranges that you can only write messages inside the channel, when you're voiced (+v) or opped (+o).
      Mode: +M
      With +M set, you prevent the usage of messages sent to multiple channels (both, using "msg #chan1,#chan2,..." and also sending the same message to multiple channels via scripts) in your channel.
      Mode: +l
      This mode sets the maximum number of users, who may enter the channel at the same time. An invite (e.g. from ChanServ) overrides this limit.
      Mode: +k
      This mode sets a password for the channel. All users who want to join the channel have to use /join #channel . An invitation (e.g. from ChanServ or an opped user inside the chan) bypasses the password.
      Mode: +i
      This mode determines, that you can only join a channel, when you've been invited. Only chanops can invite users. Of course ChanServ can invite, too (Look at INVITEME).
      Mode: +C
      This mode sets that no one can send CTCP-actions to the cannel. NO ONE!
      Mode: +c
      This mode sets that no one can use the mIRC-Colortags anymore. NO ONE!
      Mode: +r
      This mode sets that you can only join a channel, if you are authed with AuthServ. An invite (e.g. from ChanServ) overrides this mode.
      Mode: +D
      This mode sets that joins and parts will be shown, only if the user says something or will be voiced/oped. Helpful in big channels. It is used for classes.
      Mode: +d
      This mode will be set by the server, if you remove mode +D and there are still users in the channel, whose join wasn't shown. Ops can't disable this mode. It will be disabled automatically if no „invisible“ users are in the channel anymore.
      Mode: +o
      This mode gives an user op. From now on he has an @ on his nick and operatorrights in the channel (kicking, modes, etc.).
      Mode: +v
      This mode gives an user voice. From now on he has a + on his nick and can also send messages in the channel, if the channel is moderated (+m) or when he is banned (+b).
      Mode: +b
      This mode bans a specified mask from a channel. All users, who apply to this mask can't join or speak anymore. Only if they are voiced or opped. The banmasks look like this: nick!user@host and they can contain wildcards. An invite (e.g. from ChanServ) overrides this ban.
      Mode: +z
      This mode is only settable by ChanServ. It reassures that noone will be opped/voiced while ChanServ is absend (e.g. after an update or during a NetSplit). So channel-overtakes or netrides will be avoided.[/spoiler]
    • usermodes:
      i, d, x
      [spoiler=Usermodes Explained]Mode: +i
      This mode makes you „invisible“. The purpose of this mode is, that you are not visible on /names or /who lists for normal users, if you are not in one of the channels they are staying at as well.
      Mode: +d
      This mode does make you 'deaf'. You won't see any messages written in all of your channels. This means NO MESSAGES at all! Normally, this one is only useful for bots, not using a channel-trigger and being commanded by /msg BOT COMMAND. You may be contacted via queries though.
      Mode: +x
      This mode hides your real host. Instead of test@provider.com you will get test@Account.user.OGameNet. This mode is only effective if you're authed. You CAN'T disable this mode again.[/spoiler]

Q17: What basic commands should I be aware of?

More help on OGN's commands can be found here: wiki.onlinegamesnet.net/index.php/Commands

to join a channel of your choice

Source Code

1. /join #channelname

eg. /join #Ogame.org -- to join the Ogame.org channel

Changes your name

Source Code

1. /nick newnickname

eg. /nick Ginger -- Changes my name to Ginger

to do an action message

Source Code

1. /me 'does anything'

eg. /me humples Grady -- * Kebab humples Grady

to leave the channel your currently in

Source Code

1. /part

to disconnect from IRC with an optional quit message

Source Code

1. /quit [reason]

to change any of the usermodes on your account

Source Code

1. /mode +<mode>

to send a secret message to one person in the channel

Source Code

1. /notice nickname (message)

eg. /notice RedAlert Nice hit m8 -- -> -RedAlert- Nice hit m8

to see information about another user

Source Code

1. /whois nickname

eg. /whois Kebab

to chat to someone in a private tab

Source Code

1. /query nickname (message)

eg. /query Cupcake Got a second?Opens a new tab where just me and Cupcake can talk

to display the channel's userlist

Source Code

1. !users

to op/deop or voice/devoice yourself

Source Code

1. !up / !down

to op/deop or voice/devoice yourself on all channels

Source Code

1. !upall / !downall

to have chanserv display a greet message upon joining a channel

Source Code

1. !setinfo <infoline>

to have chanserv invite you into an invite only channel

Source Code

1. /cs inviteme #channel

Q18: What basic Operator commands should I be aware of?

to change the channel topic

Source Code

1. !topic (message)

to give a user access

Source Code

1. !adduser <nick|*account> <level>

to remove a user's access

Source Code

1. !deluser <nick|*account> <level>

to change a user's access

Source Code

1. !clvl <nick|*account> <level>

to suspend a user's access

Source Code

1. !suspend <nick|*account>

to unsuspend a user's access

Source Code

1. !unsuspend <nick|*account>

to resync the channel userlist

Source Code

1. !resync

to change channel modes

Source Code

1. !mode +<mode>

kicks the person out of the channel

Source Code

1. !kick <nick> [reason]

kicks and bans the person for a specified time

Source Code

1. !tb <nick|mask> <time> [reason]

eg. !tb Zombie 1h Go take a shower -- Would kick and ban Zombie for 1 hour

time is in the format:
    • s - seconds
    • m - minutes
    • h - hours
    • w - weeks
    • M - months
    • y - years
    to undo the ban before the time elapses type:

Source Code

1. !DELBAN <nick|mask>

eg. !delban Zombie

Kicks and bans the person until you unban them

Source Code

1. !b <nick|mask> [reason]

to remove the ban type:

Source Code

1. !unban <nick|mask>

The post was edited 4 times, last by Bellicose Angel ().