Show coordinates of all player planets in a tooltip/special screan of statistic

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Show coordinates of all player planets in a tooltip/special screan of statistic

Well, as the title says.

Reasoning is very simple. There are already free for anyone to use galaxy databases, and there are already plugin that allow alliances to gather their own databases.
      They are approved for use by board administration, and most experienced players know of their existence and use them extencivly.

So providing "native" support for such features will only benefit new players, and people without large alliance.

As such it will only reduce the "intelligence advantage" the experienced player has over newcomer.

Thoughts?
    • It was just a question. But thanks for the answer.
      It seems you like questions so i have another one for you :
      Do you know what the galaxy view is and do you know how many deut it costs to browse this page ?
      Where is the logic ? Who will browse the galaxy if they can do it for free in the statistic page ?
    • 10d/page.
      it is funny that you did`t bother to read the argument.
      The system is already automated, and aialable for general public, all you need to know is a website which experienced player knows, and novice doesn`t.

This sites are not fobriten, and there are links to them on all major boards i`ve seen.

If it is so hard for you to grasp the main argument from second attempt, i`ll just ignore you in the future.
    • It might be legal developing a plugin that shows the coordinates of other players, gathering the info from an external database.

But ogame can´t show that info on its own, you have to investigate to know where the other players are.

Even webpages like warriders aren't perfectly updated, so you can deploy a colony near a player and if he doesn't look around he won't notice you. Having your planet coordinates hidden is an important part in ogame strategy, even thought now it's very easy to discover all players coordinates.

Another reason: galaxy view with your idea would generate a lot more server work (loading all coordinates of all players in each view) resulting in worse perfomance of ogame servers and therefore, the game experience.
    • DirdamLaer wrote:

Another reason: galaxy view with your idea would generate a lot more server work (loading all coordinates of all players in each view) resulting in worse perfomance of ogame servers and therefore, the game experience.
      excuse me, were did i ask a list of coordinates in galaxy view?

from the
      "Show coordinates of all player planets in a tooltip/special screan of statistic

"
      you could probably understand that the tooltip was intended for statistic, either as tooltip or a separate screan, like total points, fleet, research, so forth.

DirdamLaer wrote:

But ogame can´t show that info on its own, you have to investigate to know where the other players are.
      Ogame shows you the number of ships(which is fare more imporitaint), their total price(so you cant relly hide the fact that you have say 100RIPs statistic will tell clearly), tech value, total points value, coordinates of main planet also.
      So the extension to show all coordinates in game is fairly minor, and it was already lifted like years ago with galaxytool and similar plugins anyway, so the only thing it really does is handicapping the novices.

DirdamLaer wrote:

Even webpages like warriders aren't perfectly updated, so you can deploy a colony near a player and if he doesn't look around he won't notice you. Having your planet coordinates hidden is an important part in ogame strategy, even thought now it's very easy to discover all players coordinates.

by that reasoning, if the player is interested in the environment and will investigate he will find you easily anyway.
      Your point is?
    • Hello,

The serverload is really no problem when Ogame itself includes all player coordinates, no matter in which page.

Currently COgame is able to show all known coordinates of a player, shown in galaxy tooltip. There's another script which collects the coordinates and shows it in search page and Antigame is soon able to show coordinates from selected player.
    • DirdamLaer wrote:

That is the point. If you always get the current coordinates automatically, some good tactics will be impossible. For example you can colonize every day a new planet far away from the active areas and sit on this to fake offline. You don't find a planet (who change his position every day) in the far outer space easily.

Antares
    • Francolino wrote:

Hello,

The serverload is really no problem when Ogame itself includes all player coordinates, no matter in which page.

Currently COgame is able to show all known coordinates of a player, shown in galaxy tooltip. There's another script which collects the coordinates and shows it in search page and Antigame is soon able to show coordinates from selected player.
      Well, that is also a good reason.

Antares wrote:

DirdamLaer wrote:

That is the point. If you always get the current coordinates automatically, some good tactics will be impossible. For example you can colonize every day a new planet far away from the active areas and sit on this to fake offline. You don't find a planet (who change his position every day) in the far outer space easily.

Antares
      Good tactic for what exactly? Jump-Gate hunting?

You do know how much res you loose from not having a fully developed colony in late game?

I mean, stop throwing the general phrases around. Simple, plain explanation of what, and why you do, and calculation of comparison the gain from having a proper colony, is appreciated, general phrases about "I wantz to be able to" hardly carry any value.
    • I not talking from the late game. The coordinates are known anyway in this time. But also in the late game, player have the option "Recolate". The same effect. And yes, e.g. for Jump-Gate hunting. Or to cover up the own online time.

I talking from the first 6 or 12 month of the universe. A very dynamic time, where knowledge about coordinates is worth more than gold. In this time it is important that you have a good alliance to find all current coordinates. And that is another point. It filch a reason for the formation of alliances.

I think the disadvantages outweigh the advantages - but that is only my opinion.
    • Antares wrote:

I not talking from the late game. The coordinates are known anyway in this time. But also in the late game, player have the option "Recolate". The same effect. And yes, e.g. for Jump-Gate hunting. Or to cover up the own online time.

I talking from the first 6 or 12 month of the universe. A very dynamic time, where knowledge about coordinates is worth more than gold. In this time it is important that you have a good alliance to find all current coordinates. And that is another point. It filch a reason for the formation of alliances.

I think the disadvantages outweigh the advantages - but that is only my opinion.
      If you don`t relocate planet every few days you loose your advantage.
      From 3-5 month of the game mining output became essential, and loosing around 100-300k per day, for the ability to hide your online, is way too much.
    • Same question as DarkFire.

Are you serious ?

I don't care about how much I loose by day with an empty planet, if in one fight I earn several millions ressources.

In my main universe, I have... 6 empty planets, always moving (without relocation, I'm old school), and... I'm the number one of my Universe.

The big difference between an automated tooltip and the existing tools is the update delay. No scripts are able to show a coordinates on a system if the galaxy page of this system had never been launched since the colonisation.

You don't want a tooltip giving you if the player is online, and when is fleet will come back ? :oops:
    • you can deploy a colony near a player and if he doesn't look around he won't notice you. Having your planet coordinates hidden is an important part in ogame strategy, even thought now it's very easy to discover all players coordinates.

Your proposal will break this kind of strategy as several users explained.
      Websites such as W-R are sufficient in a way : not perfectly updated, that's a good thing so you can use strategies based on hidding from time to time.
    • 1alexey wrote:

iguypouf wrote:

I don't care about how much I loose by day with an empty planet, if in one fight I earn several millions ressources.

So why play Ogame if you are not interested in thinking about what brings more profit in advance.

how many members in uni& how old is it?

You don't understand, or you don't want to understand ?

If in one attack thanks to a hidden planet, I earn 500 M benefits, I think my progression will be better than yours, with your 35/32/32 daily production... So your argument is, like your idea, absolutely crazy.