(I) Inactives to keep producing res

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• (I) Inactives to keep producing res

Suggestion from .us

When a player goes (I) after 35 days of inactivity why must the mines be turned down to zero? Why can't they keep producing res?
      I often see players go inactive with mines in the high 20's/early 30's that could be contributing to dying Unis by simply having them keep producing res.
    • because than nobody would ever farm on actives again ;) there are serveral ppl with 36 32 32 mines (and large solar plants) in my universe. this would give me a huge increase on res which would be really unfair for those who dont play ogame as active as i do.
    • I don´t really get your point marshen. How is it unfair that you who are much more active than many others in your uni, would get alot higher income? Isn´t that what ogame is all about, to benefit those who are active? Besides, how active do you really need to be in order to raid inactives without def ^^ By the same argument should we make it impossible to raid someone altogether because more active players benefit from it?

I´ve been saying this for years that the (Il) players should keep producing res. For one thing it solves a big part of the problem where big players are raiding the smaller ones until they quit. It also keeps the uni more active since there´s always something to do, even if the uni is almost completely dead. It also helps the smaller players of the uni alot since they can raid relatively large quantities of res and thereby grow alot faster than they generally would
    • not really true. i have seen inactives that have been farmed by so many players that you got not more than 8 small cargos out of them.
      it wouldn't make the universe more active. only the active players would farm more and the rest will suffer from greater distance to those few really active ones.
    • I don´t really get your point marshen. How is it unfair that you who are much more active than many others in your uni, would get alot higher income? Isn´t that what ogame is all about, to benefit those who are active?

I see two main issues :
      1) it will hugely increase the difference between top players and weak players. Even if the second ones will be able to find something to farm easily (more interest in the game), the top players who are connected several hours a day will be able to develop their account much quicker.
      2) it could become more interesting to farm inactives than to take the risk of developing a big fleet : (mines + huge farming income) > (fleet + HoF)
    • NusaDua wrote:

I don´t really get your point marshen. How is it unfair that you who are much more active than many others in your uni, would get alot higher income? Isn´t that what ogame is all about, to benefit those who are active?

I see two main issues :
      1) it will hugely increase the difference between top players and weak players. Even if the second ones will be able to find something to farm easily (more interest in the game), the top players who are connected several hours a day will be able to develop their account much quicker.
      2) it could become more interesting to farm inactives than to take the risk of developing a big fleet : (mines + huge farming income) > (fleet + HoF)

exactly what i was thinking.
      you have to see all consequences and think ahead... what NusaDua is telling seems a reasonable result of it.
    • So you´re saying that players with a 10M point account are gonna raid inactives for 20k res? ^^ That sounds utterly ridiculous i m o. But even if that´s true, why is that a problem? Players that are less active should fall behind compared to those who are more active. It´s not a case of "it´s alot easier for the bigger players". It´s just as easy for a player with 10k points to farm those inactives without def. So no, I really don´t see the problem in this resulting in more res for the more active players. And it´s not like it´s gonna make a huge difference for someone with 1M+ points, it will however make a huge difference for the smaller accounts.
    • Azgaroth wrote:

So you´re saying that players with a 10M point account are gonna raid inactives for 20k res?

yes from time to time i farm for such wins. e.g. when there is a moon with 40k half of it is mine. but not every I has only that small mines. most will have daily produktion of 600k resources and there are not so many low players that they keep the resources low.
      sure small players will profit from it but the active and stronger players will make exponentially more profit out of it. this WILL increase the gap between new and older players even more. that isn't the way the ogame should go.
    • If the new players are less active than the older ones, then yes, the gap will increase. How strong the player in question is have absolutely nothing to do with it though. All you need are small cargos. Also I´m guessing that you´re pretty much the only one that would raid 20k res when you have 10M+ points. I can honestrly say that not a single player I know of would ever raid anything even close to that small amount of res with a similar account.

This would benefit active players no matter their size. You may have a different take on it, but I still think it would be a good idea. For me personally I couldn´t care less about whether this would be approved or not though, since it in no way would benefit me.
    • It might benefit you, Azgaroth, if you ever start up a new acc ;) But I agree with you. I will not raid for 20k, when I have a xx mill acc.
      So yes, marshen, you might very well be the only one that would raid for that amount, since nobody I know, would raid for that amount, either, when the acc has passed x mill points.

But if you are that active and spend your time probing and raiding for 20k, shouldn't you then be allowed to increase that much more, than thouse, that's not that active? No matter the size of the acc? The more active, the more reward. I would say that's only fair. board.origin.ogame.de/user/630-azgaroth/

• ok than i'm the only one who thinks that 20k res are more worth than none ;)

but the problem doesn't change. there will be more than enough strong players who will get enourmous wins while some few starters will be happy about some SC of resources.

would be better to delete those pesky inactives instead of reenabling their resource production.

ps: not that i dont want extra farms.
    • You can NOT delete the (I) acc with DM. People have paid rl money for it, so that's not an obsion. People can be inactive for all kind of reasons - with or without v.mode, too - but when they have paid rl money, the acc has to stay. And since they HAVE paid rl money - the acc should also produce ress. Those without DM gets deleted after 5 weeks anyway, so....
      If you start deleting acc with DM after 5 weeks, I KNOW there will be a lot of angry people. Of course mostly those that are in v.mode.

• Chernobyl wrote:

When a player goes (I) after 35 days of inactivity why must the mines be turned down to zero? Why can't they keep producing res?

You have to consider: there may arise an imbalance between those who have good farms it to their system, and those which had bad luck. In addition: imagin you have 2 or 3 good friends. They create accounts, colonize planets in your system, build mines up to level xy, buy DM for 3 Euro and become inactiv. Perfect way to push you for ever.

Antares
    • Antares: Well, what´s stopping these friends from doing the exact same thing, only they log in once per month? The hard part isn´t keeping the account alive, it´s building it up to a point where it´s actually worth raiding the planets, so I have a very hard time believing that this would result in either more or easier pushing.

And the point of some having good luck or bad luck with these farms in their system, I don´t really understand at all. This is true for all kinds of farms (bad players) in the game, whether they´re active or not. To eliminate the chance factor altogether we would need to construct a system where everyone has equal distance (travel time) to each other. That doesn´t seem very reasonable right? :huh: