Advantage for Emperor

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Advantage for Emperor

Hello,

I send this message because there is disadvantage to be a bandit, but no advantage for emperor.

So isn't it possible to give a % of the defense in the debris field, for example 1% for Star Lords, 2% for Emperor and 3% for Grand Emperors, when they attack honourable players. It wouldn't change the game play, but give a little bonus.

If it is not possible, why not increase the % in the debris field for Emperor (instead of bandit), because i think it's more an advantage than a disadvantage (better rentabilities when you attack, moon creation less expensive,...)

PS: Sorry if i didn't post in the good section

The post was edited 1 time, last by Analblast ().

• Yes good idea but i think this can trigger more attacks on honorable fighters as is not a rule that the emperor to take the debris .

What if we create a reward similar to buddy points? In this way the reward will be active on request but only as long as the player has the title.

one of best rewards i can think is a shipyard enhancer : raise the speed of building ships

in order to set a difference between titles :

introduce the number of honor points as a coefficient in shields /weapons and armor : in this way having honorable title will be desired and having negative title can be a real handicap but this is valid only for the top (+/- )250.
  • "raise the speed of building ships"

all miners are emperor and they'd never have a use out of this.

i think a better way would be to reduce the 75% resources you get FROM emperors to 60% and give honorable players additional 5% for each rank. so only grand emperors would get 60+3x5 = 75% resources from an attack vs an honorable player

ps: i still think that 75% percent is WAY too much. after 2 attacks you only have 6% resources left. thats insane. in vanilla you had to attack 4 or more often to steal 94% resources.
  • So isn't it possible to give a % of the defense in the debris field, for example 1% for Star Lords, 2% for Emperor and 3% for Grand Emperors, when they attack honourable players. It wouldn't change the game play, but give a little bonus.

Bad idea ...
    with a little defense : it change nothing for the attacker
    with big defense : the defense will be destroyed for the ressources

Then it's more a malus for defense that a bonus for emperor
    And defense already have many problem because of HP points, don't add others ...

i think a better way would be to reduce the 75% resources you get FROM emperors to 60% and give honorable players additional 5% for each rank. so only grand emperors would get 60+3x5 = 75% resources from an attack vs an honorable player

I really like it :)

** OgameTech **
  • I agree with vulca:
    No defense to DF is an important balancing factor and shouldn't be changed.

Marshen's idea about reducing the percentage of stolen ress in regular honourable fights is excellent.
    I also find the idea of every player in my military rank stealing 75% of my ress in one attack disturbing.
    Life? Don't talk to me about life...
  • marshen wrote:

ps: i still think that 75% percent is WAY too much. after 2 attacks you only have 6% resources left. thats insane. in vanilla you had to attack 4 or more often to steal 94% resources.

Vanilla, lol. I guess vanilla is old design?
    I also agree that there should be an advantage for being a bandit, certainly. Probly 5% more debris ?
  • And what about increasing the % of the fleet of Emperor in the DF for honorable attacks? Or increase the % of the fleet in the DF when Emperor attacks a bandit (so the turtle destruction would be less interessant and emperor raiders would be really advantaged).

Because it's a really important advantage in raid. It increase the rentability and it would really encourage raiders to raid honorable players instead of attacking weak players.

Finally, the idea of a progressive % of stolen is really interessant but i'm not sure that it would be enough to encourage raiders to find cibles which have their level. But it is better than nothing, beacause actually there is NO advantage to be a "nice" player.
  • We need to encourage players to make more honorable fights . There should be no advantage for being a bandit.
    Increasing the % in debris field for honorable fights is an option but as I already said , the DF can be taken by third parties, it belongs to the one that gets there first.

For titles like Star lord.... Grand emperor we can give a H point (like the buddy points ) for each day this title is maintained and if these points are collected in a reasonable number can be transformed in DM or to be transformed in different enhancers .

In this way the honor system can be quite profitable for those keeping the lord titles for longer time and the benefice is directly usable.

The raise of loot or the % of DF can only complicate the game play and can be a way for pushing.
  • Def -> DF is an absolute nono, even if it´s only a maximum of 3%. Def->DF wrecks unis completely.

But I agree that there needs to be an advantage for being an "honourable" player. As it is now there´s pretty much no incentive what so ever to be honorable.

Marshens suggestion is pretty good i m o, an increasing amount of loot % depending on honor rank. But I also think that it wouldn´t hurt to raise the percentage of DF created either. Maybe a maximum of 40% (in normal unis) for an honorable attack by a grand emperor.

Valent: How would raising the loot or DF % create pushing? It´s not really that many accounts that are honorable targets
  • Valent wrote:

We need to encourage players to make more honorable fights . There should be no advantage for being a bandit.
    Increasing the % in debris field for honorable fights is an option but as I already said , the DF can be taken by third parties, it belongs to the one that gets there first.

For titles like Star lord.... Grand emperor we can give a H point (like the buddy points ) for each day this title is maintained and if these points are collected in a reasonable number can be transformed in DM or to be transformed in different enhancers .

In this way the honor system can be quite profitable for those keeping the lord titles for longer time and the benefice is directly usable.

The raise of loot or the % of DF can only complicate the game play and can be a way for pushing.
    Very good ideea Valent,the players must be encouraged to be active and they can have a real satisfaction being Grand Emperor etc,raise the speed of building ships is good for both kind of players,fleeters raise de speed of building attack ships and miners for cargo ships.
    +1
    A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves.(LAO TZU)

• Valent wrote:

We need to encourage players to make more honorable fights . There should be no advantage for being a bandit.

In general...nice one. But any suggestions about how many H (or BP) for which rank for which amount of time?
    - - - WTH was here - - -

PD

ogame has no bugs...only unbalanced features^^
    yeah my girlfriend too :P
    loool
  • I have no idea what means than in the long term.
    I can imagine that once a player obtains a a title he must keep it for 7 days at least to be able to get 1RP = reward point ( to make distinction from the honor points )
    star lord gets 1RP for every 7 days in row he has the title
    emperor gets 1.5 RP for every 7 days he keeps the title
    grand emperor gets 2 RP for every 7 days he keeps the title

Once a RP is gained , it should remain available if is not used by the time player lost his title.

the RP can be equal to a BP but is possible that the reward to be insignificant

Any other suggestions ?
  • this would buff inactive players as well as miners who tend to NEVER get the bandit rank. but still seems to be fair since those players loose some resources (the ones the could raid from normal targets).

but i can only repeat what i said earlier. why not to give the ranks increased resource collection from targets and lower the basic income on honorable players. it isnt very fair that bandits get 75% resources they tend to be evil and get the same bonus than everyone else? see my post above if you mind :P
  • I really like the proposal from Marshen to link the loot to the ranks, as advantage for the emperors...
    There could even be a "loot table" for honorable fights, depending on your rank, and the rank of your opponent.
    That wouldn't be a difficult system to understand for the players :)

However, the HP current system is still completely fucked-up (that's the main feedback about the V3), it needs to be rebuilt more urgently than the implementation of any benefits...... because you may actually reward the worst players... :D
  • Yes, most players are tempted by such facility ( they see it from the attacker perspective). But the defender is most likely to quit the game after such an attack : fleet lost resources entirely captured, a high price for negligence or bad timing.

The main issue with increasing the loot percentage for honorable fights is that it makes really hard for the defender who can be a honorable player or not.
  • The main issue with increasing the loot percentage for honorable fights is that it makes really hard for the defender who can be a honorable player or not.

Well, it depends ! You can protect the defensive players too... I try to clarify... This is the current loot system for honorable fights :
    (note that when a combat is not honorable, you never get more than 50%, so let's put them aside)

edit by Valent- image removed

I agree with Marshen and several other users about the 75% loot which is currently very tough for the defenders in general... Now, let's imagine you lower all the 75% in the table to (let's say) a basic 60% : you have a full set of % that you can play with, to "protect" the very honorable players (including defenders) a little bit more than the others. :)