Interview with Joky

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Interview with Joky

<Bigfoot343> First I want to thank you for your availability for this interview and for your contribution to the journal of community OGame.br
      <Bigfoot343> For the majority of the Community BR you are unknown, who is Joky anyway?
      <JoKy> In real life I´m called Johannes and i was part of the OGame.de Team for 4,5 years. The last 2,5 years i worked as Gameadministrator and was responsible for reporting bugs. After that i switched to the Gameforge and now I´m part of the OGame Team here. My Job is to find, to report bugs and to test the OGame versions we have and the versions who will be next online. I´m also a part
      <JoKy> of the OGame-Origin-Team to pick up reported bugs and also user suggestions to find a way how we can implement it in the game.

<Bigfoot343> Your public appearance came with the beginning of the Origin project, before you were "hidden" (in that 2,5 years in GF) inside the OGame structure, how you see the appearance of the Origin in your function?
      <JoKy> Origin becomes more and more important, just think on the Live-Testserver. It´s a internatinal plattform, where we can pull out suggestions, ideas and collect feedback on one place. So also some of our Teammembers here still have an forum account and are looking into this forum.

<Bigfoot343> The Fusion is near, new noob protection will be launched, the creation of OGame Wiki, suggestions are implemented in each version, wasn´t the OGame forgotten for a while in terms of evolution?
      <JoKy> Evolution and OGame is a difficult topic. Maybe the situation in the past was like, don´t change anything instead of bug fixing. But there were many changes in the company the last years and now we are on it to improve the game. Implement many featureas and make also many bugfixes, what you saw the last month ago and what you will see in future.

<Bigfoot343> Many players claim that there is a lack of advertising to OGame compared to other games in the GF. What do you think about this?
      <JoKy> I'm not in the marketing department here, but there are banners in other gf games for ogame. There are OGame fan pages on facebook and google+ and we are present in some gamemagazines like "gamestar" here in germany or "computer-game" magazine. We have a growing partner activity, so our game is published on their sides and so on.

<Bigfoot343> Social networks have been growing and is used by many companies to advertise their products and have a closer contact with customers. There's a GF game that already has a application on Facebook that allows direct login, does the use of social networks will reach to OGame?
      <JoKy> There are some problems current, because there were some changes on those platforms. So if it´s possible we will also implement an app there to login.

<Bigfoot343> The DM is optional but sometimes there are players who say they haven´t how acquire, there is possibility of increasing the partners and offer more DM as in SponsorPay and SuperRewards
      <JoKy> Can´t answer such question, maybe WeTeHa can answer this later, when you interview him.

<Bigfoot343> There are communities with few players and recently seen communities being closed for lack of players. In that time was talked about the chance to join the communities and was refused. There will be a solution for the future in order to have more players per server?
      <JoKy> I think the first part is new noobprotection, so users can stay longer in this game, instead of being killed after reaching 5.000 points and delete the account. This also will be a part of next OGame versions.

<Bigfoot343> but the possibility of join communities is out of question?
      <JoKy> join communities ?
      <Bigfoot343> yes, per example all English users org + us or PT + BR
      <Bigfoot343> in one
      <JoKy> I heared about it as idea, but don´t know if there is something else at WeTeHas desk.

<Bigfoot343> When announcing the launch of a new server there are many players who ask for faster universes. Being the most played in these universes, why not launch all with this feature?
      <JoKy> Because there are also many player who don´t have time to play in an speed universe. Speed universes should be special, so if we make all servers with 2 or more uni-speed, we will lose those, who will like to play in an normal speed universe.

<Bigfoot343> I think it is time to let you work. Want to leave any word to the community BR about present or announce any news or changes to 2012 or for the future?
      <JoKy> Just thank you for this interview. Was also a pleasure for me being interviewed for the OGame.BR community. IT would be nice if more players from BR will join our live testserver and give us feedback for the current version and updates in the future.
      <Bigfoot343> I appreciate the time taken for this interview. I wish you the best luck in your career in GF and good luck in life out OGame too