Interview with Francolino

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Interview with Francolino

<STRYKER> Hello! First of all, the EvolutionGame Journal, from the Brazil Ogame's Community, is pleased with the time you provided so we could make this interview!
      <Francolino> Ok, let's start

<STRYKER> Let's start talking about you. What's your name? How old are you? Where are you from? What do you do, besides surfing the web?
      <Francolino> I'm austrian and living in east switzerland (the german part) and i'm round about 40 years. Inside web i never tell my private data ;-)

<STRYKER> For those who doesn't know about it, tell us: what is the OGame.Origins Community? How does it work? Explain about it a little bit.
      <Francolino> Well, the board topic explains all "The community for all OGame communities"
      <Francolino> In short words origin was built up to collect all those guides, suggestions, tools & scripts from all ogame communities , improve them and give them back to all OGame communities
      <Francolino> You know, only a few big communities have "complete" guides etc. so Origin is very very helpful for small communities.
      <Francolino> For the big coms it's most useful that we care about all tolerated tools and also official feedback from the GameForge about suggestions / ideas from users.
      <Francolino> See http://board.origin.ogame.de/board3-news…-scripts-skins/ and board.origin.ogame.de/board35/

<STRYKER> Inside the OGame.Origins Community, what's your position now? How long have you been on it? Did you get into the community already in this position? How was your path inside the community 'til you get there?
      <Francolino> My position etc ? Well, it's my idea and i created it. Ofc with support from our product CoMa WeTeHa. So my role is simple, i lead it and care about all.

<STRYKER> What is the impact of OGame.Origins on the other communities? How does it interact with the rest?
      <Francolino> Depends on which Ogame.Origin part we talk. As told in the last answer, Origin is responsible for all tolerated tools and scripts for all communities. Same for the official feedback about suggestions (in the past there was an "International Ideas planet" - we took this task)
      <Francolino> Next to the public test server this three parts are very important for all communities and they interact with Origin.
      <Francolino> A lot of team member from nearly all Ogame communities are also member in Origin team - and every Ogame team member can have access when they register.

<STRYKER> Many say that the main problem in Ogame would be the poor marketing about it. Do you agree? What do you know about the GameForge's marketing project for OGame?
      <Francolino> Of course this "small" marketing for OGame is a big problem. But for me it's not the main problem. This is or better was the long time without any development. Except the redesign Gameforge changed no important things in Ogame for about 4 years. This is really too long for games.
      <Francolino> In case i know something about GameForge's marketing project i'm not allowed to talk about it.

<STRYKER> Some communities already have too much universes, and most of them are true deserts, others already suffering the process to became such. Trying to hold the players and the fun inside those universes, GameForge accepted the suggestion of universes' fusion. Do you believe this will solve the problem? This will be a short or a long term solution?
      <Francolino> Good question .. Unifusion solves only one problem .. too much universes with tooo less player. But of course this changes nothing else.
      <Francolino> The next and coming part is to help beginners to find into this game. It's much more important than uni-fusion ..
      <Francolino> Uni-fusion solves only problems from the past, a better noob protection is the first step to solve problems for OGame's future.

<STRYKER> Another problem that contributes to the process of desertification in the universes would be the creation of new ones. This creation make the players to migrate to the new ones, abandoning the old ones. What do you think about this constant creation of new universes? Is that a problem or a solution?
      <Francolino> It's not a problem and it's not a solution.
      <Francolino> Well, nearly all player loves to start or restart in new universes. What do they do when the GameForge don't open new universes ? They leave the game for ever. So it's really important to open new universes for all those people.
      <Francolino> But GameForge solved this problem now - They can open new universes and merge them later when they are becoming old and have to less player.
      <Francolino> This is a perfect solution to keep long time player in the game (they stay in old universes and loves records) and keep the game interesting for most of the players who loves the challenges in new universes .. almost the first 6 month.

<STRYKER> So many new things are on their way, like the 3.0 version. What are your expectations about these new stuff?
      <Francolino> Question : talking only about 3.0 noob protection or also the general development in future ?
      <Francolino> Best is to talk about 3.0 now
      <STRYKER> General
      <Francolino> Ok, about Ogame 3.0 aka new noob protection. As said above, this is the first step to solve the main problems Ogame has. I expect a lot because it's senseful for beginner. It solves the most important reason why beginner leaves the game: It's unfair for them when everyone inclusive the top player can destroy their fleet or steal their resources.
      <Francolino> About other coming features - I don't know details, only that the current development goes on like now. So ... i expect a lot of interesting things for Ogame ;-)

<STRYKER> Now, let's analyse the history of the Ogame, since it's creation 'til nowadays. What are the main positive and negative aspects the game has acquired?
      <Francolino> *lol* what a question ;-)
      <STRYKER> hehe
      <Francolino> hmmm really this is content for a complete own interview.
      <Francolino> well, i try to give a very short summary.
      <Francolino> Until now many players love OGame all those long time - Because it's a great game with only a few items but a lot of possible player styles. And a lot of ways to hurt other players ;-)
      <Francolino> The most positive Ogame detail is also the most negative - It's a game without any timeout - except you activate vacation mode. Players loves and hate it in the same time.

<STRYKER> Would you like to say anything else? Sending a message to our community or something like it?
      <Francolino> Sure, .. read this interview and be a part of OGame.origin - For example playing in the Public test server "Origin" and sending feedback is very important for ogame's future.

<STRYKER> The EvolutionGame Journal is truly grateful for sharing this with us. Thank you very much!
      <Francolino> :)
      <Francolino> welcome