Raiding resources on inactives

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Raiding resources on inactives

Sincerely when I became Star Lord I thought that the 75% rule for stealing resources is also applicable for inactives but I checked that not...

This will be changed next week with the new features?

I think that is pointless that when attacking honorable and active player you raid 75% but for inactive player you can only raid 50%.

Another suggestion. The spy reports should state what targets are honorable and what none. What are bandits and what are star lords.

Regards
  • I think 75% raiding on hp target is already a huge advantage for you defense bashers.... ops sorry.... "star lords"! You shouldn't even be allowed to raid inactives at all instead, you are "star lords" not drunk tramps as "bandits" are (supposed to be).
  • Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

I think 75% raiding on hp target is already a huge advantage for you defense bashers.... ops sorry.... "star lords"! You shouldn't even be allowed to raid inactives at all instead, you are "star lords" not drunk tramps as "bandits" are (supposed to be).

I think you have no idea of how i play. If you want to flame about the hp well go to another side. Player Berzelius owns the top 1 solo battle of the universe and is one of the greatest "defense bashers"

All top 5 bar aoueu are defense bashers so I am glad you to say me that I am a defense basher.
  • But he is kind of right and this is just what i said this type of system will create if you want to be star lord just bash defense of someone that gives you hp then go raid inactives for resources

that is honorable play

attacking any and all targets but for profit get's you bandit status and is dis honorable play

Bashing = +HP (star lord ) honorable

attacking all targets for profit = -HP (Bandit) not honorable

I proved this point before i put my account in V-mode

I started attacking but for profit only. (what i thought was honorable play) I became a bandit over 2000 -HP
    then I started bashing defense for HP didn't care about profit . (what i thought was dis honorable play) and became star lord over 1400 +HP

I don't want to play that way not even in a test server that and the lack of people that are really playing caused me to stop playing. This should show all that if this was put into play in a real uni the same would happen.

So for me test is over. I have the answer I was looking for. It won't work.

Thanks GF for the chance to test these new features Now i know if they come to a new uni speed are not that i don't even want to waste my time.
  • I see a lot of people complaining about this. But anybody is opening the eyes (or the mind).

When the uni started there were not star lords... Top 100 was full of bandits. Now look at the ranking the emperors are starting to appear more frequently.

I am at a high top and have a decent fleet. I was a bandit and I had nice profits I almost cleaned 40 systems (with exception of top 100 players) around my first planet. But as this is a test server I am taking risks and I stop attacking everything that moves and focused on top 100 users and fleeters I hunted some fleets and became from whatever comes after bandit to star lord in just one day. I let cows grow instead of ripping off resources all the days. Now I attack less than before but with the 75% I receive equal or more resources/day.

If for you the HP kills the game then left the game. I play ogame since 2006. Commander mode was supposed to destroy the game and then the officers were also in order, then the expeditions were the apocalypse. Get over it and adapt or left the game. In the start I was a minner then became fleeter then raider (I played almost 15 accounts). And you should know that raiders in this new version should be bandit lords and raiders need a lot of time ingame. Now I have less time to play and I am still a raider. But now I raid only strong players with the same benefits.

One of my old cows became inactive and there was 1M of resources. I sent cargos for 750K of resources and I get 500K.

The HP is a good feature like it or not. Understand the purpose, adapt or left the game. No one cares for 10K raiders when this mode will allow 100K new players to stay in the game.

BTW you say that defense bashing is honorable. Yes defense bashing is honorable, but not profitable. You can bash defenses and then raid inactives.. Yeah surely you will become a top 10 raiding inactives. But do not forget to develop computing to level 200.

If you are top 50 you care about only about top 200 and they are almost all honorable. Then you are a great emperor. If you are top 50 and attack hundreds of top 500 players that dont stand a chance against you... well then you are an abusive and no one wants you here

My 2 cent.
  • and your way of thinking is what is killing the game i too have been playing before commander and before officers and i too hear all the things that will kill the game and i too kept playing and adapted and i didn't see those changes as a bad thing just different

but i disagree these changes will put and end to ogame as a war game fleet escape is a big mistake I stopped playing at rank 12 in test server and as a star lord I only started bashing and not attacking for profit the last 3 days just to get out of bandit so yes you will have less bandits and more star lords as all will start doing that to get the 75% so HP will mean nothing when all start doing the same.

What you seem to forget is are what i thought the new features are for is to keep new players playing so you think if a new player gets attacked many times has all resources lost and all defense lost just to get his fleet to not escape and get crashed will be better and more likely to keep him playing then just getting hit one time having fleet lost but not all defense and most if not all resources

and this is just the problem you say if you don't like then don't play and that is what is happening lots don't like so they don't play that is why Gf is now trying to find a way to get people to play. If people still like to play then this is not needed

and your right i won't play with these features in a real uni and neither will lots of players that already play so Gf will have to continue to find a way to get new players and keep them.

If they would just make the ones that play happy and keep them playing and TEACH new ones how to play word of mouth about the game would bring and keep way more players then these features.

I think the most fun I ever had with the game even though it had lots of bugs was progame before it became uni35 back when it reset every 3 months granted 6 months would have been better but it was great and a fleeters dream you go all out for a set time frame to get to #1 then you have winners and reset and start over with your main planet and try again. so someone else would have a chance to get to the top and new players could start over and have a chance to make it
  • I disagree. Farming inactives while mining is the best option right now, so it does not need another buff. Look, it's more superior than getting a fleet, because even with 75% plunder from nearly 200 targets, inactives are better because there are more of them. Currently, a top player having a fleet and raiding resources, will only need a couple hours to clear his whole area of +\- 100 solar systems to take everything that is profitable, concerning the deut costs.
    If every planet had a moon with a gate, it still wouldn't be enough for 24/7 farming. This is the main reason while I currently don't have a fleet: it's not good enough of an option. There's no need to increase the relative profitability of inactives, because it already is the best option, to an unbalanced extent.

Also, I'm starting to really dislike seeing this kind of lines:
    If you are top 50 you care about only about top 200 and they are almost all honorable. Then you are a great emperor.

Then you have no fleet, because it sucks when you can only care about top 200. I'll be back with the fleet once 1:10 kicks in, and I will be farming weak players(top 600), because that's how the fleet becomes profitable. You take all the resources you see, crush smaller fleets with no/little losses, and everyone once in a while kill a top player because he made a mistake or had a problem IRL. There'll be more dishonorable targets in top600 than honorable. Making a fleet just to farm/hunt top players exclusively is not worth it for a long, long time.
    Yes, in the current top10 a lot of people have a fleet. But I'm barely playing right now(5hours of inactive hunting per day for last 2 weeks, instead of old 20+), and they fall further and further every day...so yes, it is a bad option to make a fleet at the top, right now.

If you are top 50 and attack hundreds of top 500 players that dont stand a chance against you... well then you are an abusive and no one wants you here

I'm sorry, but if a player is good, that's what he'll do with his fleet to maximize the returns of investing into fleet. Otherwise it's not good enough of an investment, for early(<5kk points) game.

If inactives were 75% plunder, it'd just make me wish "not to make a fleet" even further. Maybe I'd make a couple hundred battleships in one day in order to farm +\- 100 ss solar system honorary targets, and another couple hunder destroyers in a few days in order to break the ones with more plasma's. Even then it'd take a month for them to pay off while attacking every appearing target(couple planets per morning for +150-200k each, YAY...everyone else either does not accumulate this much, or has defenses too great requiring to send too much in deut or with losses too great. they're top200, after all...the least they can do is make themselves less farmable, they adapt after a few crashes)
    ...not much different from just putting the resources into mines, at this point.
    So I'd just get a few moonshots to pull me over into emperor zone and farm inactives untill like 31-26-27 15th astro (as in for couple months longer than currently...fun? don't think so)

finally, this:
    I let cows grow instead of ripping off resources all the days. Now I attack less than before but with the 75% I receive equal or more resources/day.

just means you're lucky no one else is taking them _right now_. probably because there's only a few fleets left in this universe. when universe is 'active', you take whatever you see or someone else will :rolleyes:
    Moreover, are we still talking about top200 "cows"? Because only a few of them _accumulate_ more resources with time, it usually hits the maximum when they're getting back from FS, and is at the same point next day.

The natural reaction for a good player to adapt to a reduced target count is this:
    1)Attack whatever targets he has more often. The fleet still has to be used that whole time, so you start attacking for smaller and smaller profit just to keep it being at most profitable.
    2)And if it's still not profitable enough compared to mine/inactives, stop making fleet
    3)And if it's not fun enough, quit playing on this server. Otherwise, stay and mine or stay and make fleet / watch worse results compared to other players and do nothing about it.

I don't get why people can't understand this effect of noob protection :whistling:
  • Where is the fun of raiding inactives and make mines for weeks? i prefer have a fleet to have fun one or two times for week. bigger my fleet, better the profit.

When you (Aoueu) start to see profits of 20M or more you and all the other miners will start to get worried.

i am getting caught from behind, but i have 40k potential points. miners like you or maddog for example wil start to feel difficulties to farm like now.

the inactives with no defences are decreasing. and after that what you and the other miners and inactives raiders will do? start to build a fleet to start to farm actives with defences, if not, nor your mines will save you (miners) of i and other guys with fleet pass you.

See you at one million point. (yes, i raid inactives all day, my fleet spend too much deut to raid all the bunkers
  • Berzelius wrote:

lol R3eaper you are completly wrong; im not a defence basher at all :))
    i got a lot of hp because i killed a lot of fleets not from defence bashes

:lol:

THAT is my point Berzelius. I say that defense bashing is not an excuse to remove hp because defense bashing is not profitable and calling people with positive HP defense bashers has non sense. I am not native english speaker so maybe the sarcasm didnt go well. But my point is that definitively you are not a defense basher. Otherwise you adapted pretty well to the new system.

@ Grizz: Why is my way of thinking killing the game? I agree that fleet escape is a complete FAIL. I just say that if you look closer there are many good things on HP.

I will elaborate in what I (so just my personal opinion) I think the game should evolve. Being a bandit is neither profitable nor honorable. I know ogame is a war game. But war is about to sides with almost same possibilities. Actually ogame is like Age of Empires. You have your farms you attack them and that is the bread of every day... If you want to advance on the top you need to hunt the guys above you or wait that someone takes him down. With HP I see a more fair ogame. More balanced. I think... I do not care about having the double of points of the second placed in the ranking if all I do is just farming weaker players. I see much more fun on be first and every day take big fleets to maintain position.

As I mentioned before I was a raider but with this new system I just changed my mind and discovered much more fun. I started the uni one week after the x4 speed and I grew fast but when I turned to attack stronger players I made the difference between 200 and 150 in one day.

What I dont understan is why you guys will leave ogame if GF leaves HP. If you are upsted against Fleet Escape I agree 100% but HP is good. Is not great. Is just different and for me is not bad. Is an incentive to us fleeters to do not attach players that dont stand a chance against us (in order to make them last long in the uni). Is that so bad? I think is not.

@ Aoueu Note that being a bandit in a long term is not profitable. Then all top players will switch to emperors. Then all we are in the same boat. Now is a mess because we are still trying to undertand how is the best approach for the new gameplay.

At first sight it sucks to have so few targets but while focusing in the average boys you can find fun. I am pretty sure I am not so good player than you as I never was top 1. But looking to the statistics I am pretty close to you in the damage dealt ranking. And in the top 50 of HP. So... I attack less but I made the some damage. Hell... when I was top 200 I was threatening top 80s... when usually I should be looking for top 300 or below... But when the big boys fall is like a jackpot that worth more than 10 noobs.

Now Talhante takes the point. Ogame is a war game, not a farming game. Lets say that this way the game will become more challenging...

And think about this. You earn HP for attacking bandits. But you do not lose them attacking emperors. So... early or later the bandits will die... So we all will become emperors or just not bandits...

Finally I just say that I liked the "old" ogame. But I dont dislike this new one. (except fleet escape)

Kind Regards :beer:
  • @Tallhante of course, if there won't be any more inactives, I'll also make a small farming fleet. I'm just saying that investing a lot just to hunt top200 isn't as good as mining/hunting inactives. Maybe it is with a lot of moons and working hard at getting every top player's online/FS times. However, even then the top players should have fleets to kill, and I don't feel like enough players in top200 currently have a fleet so that I'd feel like hunting them. I almost only have cargoes now and a little defenses, and there isn't that many people above me in millitary points build...and there are big bunkers among those, too.
    Also, you're not the only one with 40k potential points...yet the difference increases. By 1kk points i will have a fleet, though; but i don't expect to be passed before that.

That's what I dislike; if it keeps being like that it'll be farming oriented again instead of head-hunting which I prefer. I expect that once all players in current top200 pass 500k points mark(so every one of them will be able to target 600-1k players), they will start making more fleets, so hunting the honorable ones will become more profitable. Although I'll still probably attack everyone, not just honorables specifically...screw picking targets based on their hp, one must kill everyone and take everything to succeed in ogame.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Aoueu ().