Version check for tools / addons

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Version check for tools / addons

To avoid problems after OGame updates with popular tools/addons, the developers of these tools now offer a new feature - the version check.

After an OGame update is released, an information box will appear only once which shows all of your tools/addons with this function to alert you if the tools have been tested on this newest version or not. You can disable them there, continue playing with the current version or update them directly (if an update to these tools exists).

The first project with this function is InfoCompte. After a test periode it becomes a must for the most important tools/addons and an option for smaller projects.
      Very special thanks to vulca (InfoCompte) and CapricaSix (COgame) for their support.

• i have done a little test on it and included this one in the latest cogame version:
      cogame.timestorm.de/OgameAddon.txt

example how i use it on cogame:

Source Code

1. OgameAddon.addVersion("2.3.2");
      2. OgameAddon.addVersion("2.3.1.1");
      3. OgameAddon.addVersion("2.3.1");
      4. OgameAddon.run("cogame", "COgame", setup.open, pages.run);

OgameAddon.addVersion(string):
      • adds game versions the script that are supported and tested
      • string: a string witch contains the game version you wish to add

OgameAddon.run(string, string, function, function):
      • run this function before you execute your script
      • string: any string you wish, this is used as "id" must be unique (in compare to other tools) is effecting the id names of the left menu elements that are added
      • string: this is the string displayed within the left menu
      • function: this is the function that is called if someone clicks onto the left menu element
      • function: this is the function that is called if this script detects that your script should be run.

How does this look like:

the dots:
      green: script is running on a supported version
      yellow: script is running on an unsupported version (or game version is not detectable)
      red: script is not running and unsupported version

if you click on the red dot, the dot is getting yellow and the script is running again with the next page view. if you click on the yellow dot, the dot gets red and the script will no longer run on the next page view.

what is needed:

Source Code

1. window.localStorage[id + "_runanyway"] to save the status if an script should run or should not on an unsupported version
      2. document.querySelector("meta[name=ogame-version]") to get the current game version from the meta tag

both should be available on any browser that has addons for ogame. (only old IE as always should fail but ...)

and yes a art designer can paint much sweeter pictures then i do :D

why this is a bit different from what francolino posted before?
      • i think it's much more important to display the status of a tool at any time then only displaying it once on the overview.
      • it automatically disables tools after the game version is updated and the new version is not supported. you see that if you get red dots on your tools.
      • tools with auto update functions like cogame turn on again automatically if the game version is supported after the update is done.
      • you can switch on tools that are not supported on your own risk. if they are not working you can switch them off again on a very easy way (just click the yellow dot to make it red) and you see what tools are running currently!
      • should work for any language as we do not need extra text
      • every tool is doing stuff on it's own. so you do not depend on another tool. has the info box been created yet by another tool? so no side effects from a single broken tool on other tools.
    • I mean this:
      Preferences -> under the hood -> content settings -> do not show any images
      (In Chrome).
      I play like that for most of the time, to reduce my download quota, and therefore my internet bill.
      I can see you point with languages, but current tooltip is english (Page views; Load time). So I don't see a reason not to add "status: green, yellow, red".
      Life? Don't talk to me about life...