Funny situations again&again

• Funny situations again&again

For several weeks now Im witnessing weird / funny /scary situation which occurs at least twice a day..
      Being polish myself, I don't care, who am I about to raid - german, brit, russian, italian, french, hungarian or polish player. It is just a game.
      As you all know, it's quite common thing for defender, that he/she writes to attacker, just to let him know that he's online or simply ask him to stop.

Almost all the time I get message in english, which is an obvious choice for an international test universe. Since ingame I don't have nickname indicating, Im polish, (although alliance tag/alliance name clearly shows that), even polish players wrote to me in english.

But weird thing is french players NEVER, and I mean - NEVER, wrote the first massage in english. Always french, always, like every single living soul on this planet would speak french. Colonial ages are over, guys :) get used to it.

But seriously - can anyone explain me this situation? What's causing it?

PS. Google translator won't cut it :
      "We vera those that think of 1st of the game of your fleet"
      "When my moon goes be evolution good hideout your fleet"
    • cause french are some kind of people, which will never want to speak/write in english (just like italian, spanish are a bit better);

L'Art de Vivre

simple french/italian habit (or hobbit ;-)

just tell him a nice poem in polish as an answer .......
    • by experience i'll said cause they are verry verry bad in foreign languages!! :)
      and just a little chauvinism maybe, like other nations of course...
      french was the international and diplomatic language in past and many terms remains today,was a sign of highly educated peoples....
      and a big ogame community..
    • They are too proud of their own language, that's all. I've heard a lot of that "problem" before. My professor told me that he has been on an international meeting with colleagues in Prag. And the frensh fraction was the only one, that always spoke frensh, even if they realized that there are international guests listening to them. They only stoped speeking frensh the moment the last frensh guy has left the group (Or in other words, they only speak english if ther is no frensh guy around them^^). In my eyes this is just inappropriate, embarrassing and impolite.
    • Another & another french player writing to me in french, even if I reply in english, well, that was partially funny, partially embarasing - for him/her, but how the heck you're gonna explain it to him? :)

I belive we're not antifrench, we're not judging, simply we're sharing some facts & situations we've encountered. Snoopy, I hope you dont held me responsible for evolution of this thread in that particular direction. And Im damn sure, all the nations are specific in game worlds in some unique way. Polish and Russians are hotheads, including myself in college years. Both fast in swearing, quite weak in languages, spammers with beloved sport - arguing about every single detail :) Ofc, it's just my opinion and observation.