Poll about leavin multispeed for ever :)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Poll about leavin multispeed for ever :)

What speed of Origin Test Server You prefer? 72
        x8 (28) 39%
        x4 (20) 28%
        x2 (16) 22%
        x5 (5) 7%
        x1 (3) 4%
      So pls vote

To me as its a test server its better to keep the multispeed - we can test more features in shorter time, so pls make comments ( more possitive comments - bigger chance to keep the multispeed )

:cookie:

Note by Francolino :

The speed for this test uni switches usually between 2x (like a real test) and 4x (to reduce build up time). 8x was only a gift cause of the server trouble. - This depends on current tests and what the GF needs - it's not a user decision.
      The poll can stay, but only to gather your opinion!
    • I like the speed but x8 is too fast for me as i have other things to do and while im away my fleet could get destroyed within 11 mins and even fsing means having to go far away so i get a decent amount of time before the fleet returns which isnt good in my opinon, maybe going down to x4-5 would be a better idea than back to x2 but at the same time if you rush the tests something could be missed and end up ruining the whole thing in short no to x8 and yes to x4 at least
    • Yeah, I like x8 too, but when I have free time. Since it was only for weekend it was fine, but for longer x8 is too fast. Most ppl do not have so much time to play, so I think that x2 speed would be the best choice. It is fast enough to have fun, but you do not need to spend all your time playing ogame.
    • Hello,

The speed for this test uni switches usually between 2x (like a real test) and 4x (to reduce build up time) 8x was only a gift cause of the server trouble. - This depends on current tests and what the GF needs - it's not a user decision.
      The poll can stay, but only to gather your opinion.

Regards, Francolino
    • iguypouf wrote:

To make an intelligent test, the best is :
      - x8 for productions, buildings, researchs
      - x1 for fleet speed

This combination permits to keep more testers and not only geeks, with a development faster than x1 Universes. And so test faster some features...

And after that you can turn off noob protection. Cuz' only noobs would keep making fleets :whistling:
    • Aoueu wrote:

iguypouf wrote:

- x8 for productions, buildings, researchs
      - x1 for fleet speed

This combination permits to keep more testers and not only geeks, with a development faster than x1 Universes. And so test faster some features...

And after that you can turn off noob protection. Cuz' only noobs would keep making fleets :whistling:

No, you produce fleets in x8, but the flight speed is x1. You have a 8-higher fleet, but you cannot attack your neighbour in 5 minutes...
    • iguypouf wrote:

- x8 for productions, buildings, researchs, ships construction
      - x1 for flight speed

that good idea, but like restlesz said it could be very hard to implement
    • Don't think it'd be that hard...all you need to do is change the speed of universe, then modify the base ship speeds to end up whatever you want after the multiplication.
      Still, it does ridiculously buff miners. Raiding would give more resources than usual of course, due to increased production, but it would be all too easy to get enough optimized defenses, and RIPs even on x2 would take whole night just to go one way.
      The available fleet slots count is also balanced according to production/fleet speed ratios, and it'd get screwed over, etc. Fleet return on investment would rise compared to usual, but mine returns would simply skyrocket. Really don't like the idea - for fleeters, new noob protection and fleet escape is already enough of a pain in the ass.
    • But even splitting flight timesto x2 and having the rest at x8 is still a pain, i was attacked last night by rank 1 for 100k met 40k crystal and 10k deut, now thats fair enough but i had cleared all my resources just a few hours before then that means any resources built up the rest of the night are being spent on building defences back up and adding more so i still think x8 was good for a few days but i wouldnt want it to be perminant
    • 8x speed gone :( just when i was about to start some nanites :(

edit: 8x times speed has it pros and cons.

Pros
      1) Not a lot of waiting around for stuff to finish
      2) Can invade inactives as a sole sources of resources. they refill their storages pretty fast, so don't need too many around you.
      3) Don't need attack ships much, just some cargos (more like 2b)
      4) Even if you get attacked and lose stuff, it doesn't matter much, just make a few cargos, and go back to raiding

Cons
      1) You can get attacked if you stop to go to bathroom, can lose your fleet if you made one
      2) The people who play almost 24/7 will always have a lead on you unless you play as much
      3) The gap between hardcore and more casual players will grow at exponential rate. but casual players really don't succeed in the long run in ogame anyway, and they still get to benefit from the pros of 8x.