expedition benefit for miners

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• expedition benefit for miners

idea from the community:

options for the miners:
    - Diamonds (diamonds can only be found on expedition.)
    - Bombs to destroy the fleet (something like pirates)
    - Empty mine

The intention from diamonds: half the time to build mines (with an x total of diamonds)
  • an solution from an other user:

Diamonds shorten the time of building eg 500 diamond = 5h less, it takes bad seems to me the balance of low and high players.
    Or do you want it in what I would do: diamond 500 = 5% less time. This would turn out much better in terms of game balance. But this is more problems because players can perform several expeditions because they are likely to return (better engines) and they can send more at once. This allows more players to have a good profit potential tricks compared to lower players.

I would just do: a max % of the construction time (eg max 5% -10%). Make for each % time reduction the price higher (for every lvl astrophysics higher, the cost of diamond of 1% reduction in construction time will increase by 5% for example)

Example of my solution is: astrophysics lvl 5 = 1% reduction (is 625 diamonds) and for astrophysics lvl 15 you need to pay 1% over 875 diamonds.
    Calculation in this case: 500 diamonds as fixed costs + 5% from the 500 for each lvl of astrophysics. [500 x (1 + ((astro x 5) / 100)) = diamond costs per %]
  • Not that I agree with this suggestion, but WHY ONLY FOR MINERS?
    Then there should be other things that benefits the fleeters ie low cost on IPM, double storage capasity for IPM ( ipm 10/ ABM 5) - for example. ( not that this will ever happen - unfortunatly)

No, if diamonds can be found on expos ( to pay for reduced building time) - everbody should be able to find it.

Red-Dragon wrote:

Diamonds shorten the time of building eg 500 diamond = 5h less, it takes bad seems to me the balance of low and high players.
    Or do you want it in what I would do: diamond 500 = 5% less time. This would turn out much better in terms of game balance. But this is more problems because players can perform several expeditions because they are likely to return (better engines) and they can send more at once. This allows more players to have a good profit potential tricks compared to lower players.

I have no idea what you are saying here.... ???
    "Diamonds shorten the time of building eg 500 diamond = 5h less, it takes bad seems to me the balance of low and high players. "
    What does that mean?

"But this is more problems because players can perform several expeditions because they are likely to return (better engines) and they can send more at once"
    What?? huh?... Yes the fleet returns in most cases, but what does the engine has to do with that?
    Sorry, don't think I understand anything of this suggestion

• restlesz wrote:

Not that I agree with this suggestion, but WHY ONLY FOR MINERS?
    Then there should be other things that benefits the fleeters ie low cost on IPM, double storage capasity for IPM ( ipm 10/ ABM 5) - for example. ( not that this will ever happen - unfortunatly)

The idea maker is thinking about to change it from fleeters to turtles

restlesz wrote:

i have no idea what you are saying here.... ???
    "Diamonds shorten the time of building eg 500 diamond = 5h less, it takes bad seems to me the balance of low and high players. "
    What does that mean?

If you use that, then is it bad in the balance of the game. That's why he came with an other formula.

restlesz wrote:

"But this is more problems because players can perform several expeditions because they are likely to return (better engines) and they can send more at once"
    What?? huh?... Yes the fleet returns in most cases, but what does the engine has to do with that?
    Sorry, don't think I understand anything of this suggestion

If players have better engines, they can send more and faster fleet on expedition.
  • restlesz wrote:

Not that I agree with this suggestion, but WHY ONLY FOR MINERS?

Red-Dragon wrote:

If you can 50% of from the times.

then you have this:
    100 diamond is 10%
    250 diamond is 20%
    500 diamond is 30%
    1000 diamond is 40%
    2000 diamond is 50%

But if you also can half the time of ships,def and research, then this idea stays fair.

You can't buy diamonds, so the chance that you have 50% is small, because then you must do much expeditions.

And if you delay something eg, then the same can't delay again. Because so you avoid that people delay 5x 10%.
  • Red-Dragon wrote:

Huh? Didn't you talk about miners?
    Well, what ever. I still think it's ufair that one type of playing style can find something on expos, that nobody else can.
    The idea about finding diamonds to reduse the buildning time is kinda okay, but it has to be for everbody. Whether you'll use the diamonds to reduse the time on buildings or reseach, is up to the player.
    But... if the amount of diamonds you can find is equal/similar to the amount of DM you can find on expos - then you can just as well let it be.
    The amount of DM you can get on expos doesn't do you any good. It takes forever just to get enough to buy a mercant.
    The amount of DM should either be raised, so it's actually a reward to get DM, or just drop it totally, since getting 200 + - dm is just anoying. But I guess that another story, and doesn't belong here in this suggestion.
    So if you change the suggestion to include everyone, then it might be a good/nice idea.

• we don't need another currency (diamonds) and we don't need to buff the expeditions for miners. if you want to increase building speed... why not only use something like "100 dark matter = 1% lesser building speed"? you can find that amount of dark matter on expeditions. but i still don't think a building speed buff is needed. use nanite factory instead.

also mineres already got a "bonus" on expeditions in compare to fleeters. a fleeter must use one of his fleet slots for the expedition, he can't go farming with this slot. a miner has enough free fleet slots to go on expedition without this problem.

and btw. i got ~180000 dark matter form expeditions... i would not count that useless at all :)
  • restlesz wrote:

Red-Dragon wrote:

Huh? Didn't you talk about miners?
    Well, what ever. I still think it's ufair that one type of playing style can find something on expos, that nobody else can.
    The idea about finding diamonds to reduse the buildning time is kinda okay, but it has to be for everbody. Whether you'll use the diamonds to reduse the time on buildings or reseach, is up to the player.
    But... if the amount of diamonds you can find is equal/similar to the amount of DM you can find on expos - then you can just as well let it be.
    The amount of DM you can get on expos doesn't do you any good. It takes forever just to get enough to buy a mercant.
    The amount of DM should either be raised, so it's actually a reward to get DM, or just drop it totally, since getting 200 + - dm is just anoying. But I guess that another story, and doesn't belong here in this suggestion.
    So if you change the suggestion to include everyone, then it might be a good/nice idea.

To include all players is not a problem :)