Dishonourable fight

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Dishonourable fight

i started my attack when it was a honorable fight, switched to n protection, OK first question is how can first day raids be dishonorable and what happens if i continue to raid and get dishonorable fights?
    • What i understood is that we are only able to attack people within the 1:10 and 10:1 ratio. But i was unable to attack top 50, and they were in the ratio of course.

Does that mean that they have to be in the ratio AND to be around me in the fleet ranking ? But at the same time i am able to attack top 700 (i'm better than top 50). So what would it mean ? I'm a bit confused

I thought that someone who has a 10 times bigger account than you, or 10 times smaller was attackable and that in addition, you were able to attack people with fleets which are 100 places around you at the fleet ranking. Was i wrong ? What did i missunderstand ?

Sry for my english, not native.
    • @big: only when u answer those quesitons with 5 No´s then ur opponents fleet might escape (when u have more than 5:1)
      The chart also tells u when a fight is honorable...5:1 doesn´t make a hit more or less honorable
    • i dont agree with the terms honorable/dishonorable tag. I have played in the start of many uni's. the fact of the matter is you raid for resources in the beginning like a mad man/woman,(my attempt at being PC) this will never change, it is the way we start fast, The problem isnt my honor the problem is ppl leave stuff unattended/protected. maybe i misunderstand the meaning of the terms being used, but to raid ppl in the beginning of a uni is not dishonorable
    • same for me, but i would like to see a system thats works and enhances the game play, not tags someone as dishonorable, the post above says raiders are the WORST on the dishonorable list. the tags and points system need to be reworked to "properly label" a players style, labels ie: Bandit, miner, turtle, etc. maybe you start as a bandit and progress to a fleeter. the point is raiding is "normal" gameplay and calling it dishonorable is offensive
    • well i logged in to check on how my resources were ticking to see rank 2 on their way to see me, same coords to me but next galaxy, i have 3 military points (ranked 1100) and he was ranked 1 on the military ranks with a meagre 134... no difference there.. :|

so Halo and every other top rank currently going down the path of forget dishonour/honour points for a period of time so we can pawn our weights worth in points until we've got the head start we want THEN we-ll conform to the new rules so long as we choose to because an honourable/dishonourable ranking is only as good/bad as the Universe members see it, if the general concensus among the Universe community is that the points system sucks eggs and we should all just gain DP(dishonour points) because it-s necessary then, it could almost become fashionable to earn the rogue bandit title dishonourable player of the year award if it means a player gets to sit pretty in top spot, so what! if he becomes vulnerable, it-s most likely every player with fleet big enough to take him/her is probably in the same boat with weakness due to DP's and running for their lives as it is lol

let-s hope in the mix of those top ranks there are those who choose to make hits against equal range honourable players and we get to see hofs that gain 75% loot on top of nice crashes, that can be an incentive, but is it really enough to entice higher fleeter to want to stop gaining DP-s for some extra raid cash when they can get some awesome returns from endless dishonourable raiding to their hearts content of anyone with more than 1/10th of their points, i-m not so sure.

BUT then you have to consider that we are all in the 500k noob protection at the moment and these disussions pertain to that, and noobs have been farming noobs since the beginning of time as Halo noted at this time of a uni-s life so in summary, it-s all out farming war regardless of points until the 500k cap gets reached, then you need to consider your enemy around and the moves you make from there, you could still farm a huge amount of noobs based on points but do you want to be vulnerable above the noob canopy where the eagles roam? Or will you risk it. It-s that age old question, what kind of playing style do you want to adopt? However many dishonour points will take time to turn around so make that decission wisely i guess. Especially when, if you decide to turn into the honourable point gaining player and suicide points they will still go toward your military points so be careful :)

i tried Origin out to see if a stress-free night of non-farming could actually occur in a world of Ogame, so far yes because rank 2 respectfully withdrew, but i fear that it wont be long and it will be the same old same old, unless i spend 3 days worth of resources on bunkers.. because if i build defense i-m going to end up in the military ranks getting hit with fleets and fairly so.. :S decisions, decisions
    • @Beaz, i respect your opinion. I can tell you are an intelligent and well spoken person, I can appreciate that. But i think you summed up my entire argument at the end. You are having to make a decision on weather to protect your res and acct by building def.

Beazly wrote:

i tried Origin out to see if a stress-free night of non-farming could actually occur in a world of Ogame, so far yes because rank 2 respectfully withdrew, but i fear that it wont be long and it will be the same old same old, unless i spend 3 days worth of resources on bunkers.. because if i build defense i-m going to end up in the military ranks getting hit with fleets and fairly so.. decisions, decisions

In my opinion this is playing the game. No one wants to be farmed or raided, so you take the necessary steps to protect your self. the intent of noob protection is to protect new players entering an old uni. It is not intended to be a "strategy" though you "choose" not to protect yourself doesnt mean I shouldnt play the game as it was intended to be played. If I am to understand you correctly through your way of thinking ..you build mines and no ships or def and I should never be able to attack you? It is not I who is the unreasonable one, This is a war game, why would you think you didnt have to protect your assets?

Thank you for the post and this confirms my opinions and belief that i stand on solid reasoning
    • Halo wrote:

If I am to understand you correctly through your way of thinking ..you build mines and no ships or def and I should never be able to attack you? It is not I who is the unreasonable one, This is a war game, why would you think you didnt have to protect your assets?
      haha Halo, i didn-t say it-s my game plan per say, i-m just here to test. I can be as ruthless and as much a pain in the butt to anyone near me :) I just want to see if i can get away with being lazy but so far it doesn-t look that way and that-s not a bad thing, it-s just what i have concluded so far with the current rules and tested protection system. I have played several uni-s for 2 yrs now so the war side is starting to wear thin my patience and fighting spirit, it-s damn tiring after a while lol but yes yes pawn noobs ftw, we must progress ;)