Sort Messages in Recycle bin

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Sort Messages in Recycle bin

Maybe you got a wrong side view on this "problem". We do not need some "sort messages" in recycle bin. It is all about the post in Ogame. Only those, which paid for it, get some sort of more comfortable post. This is wrong way marketing, because the money can be obtained from something much profitable - quest system.

Post is a communication tool. See the Facebook and all kind of social network. People want to communicate. Supporting a communication in any game could/will raise the entire game popularity only by that, the people can converse together - what is sometimes a fun. Present version of Ogame post is, sorry to say it, sorrowful. Heavy to find something, your eyes are getting tired only by reading from it...

We do not need a something like FB, but certainly we need a full developed post (sorting, notes, contacts, directory, sent items, received items - unread items,..) like in lotus notes or outlook. Not strewed in game, but reachable via one part of game - a post. A developer compromise can be made.
    -Ogame Recension-
    Ogame need a change!
    -Check my account for my ideas-
  • sirEdward wrote:

Maybe you got a wrong side view on this "problem". We do not need some "sort messages" in recycle bin. It is all about the post in Ogame. Only those, which paid for it, get some sort of more comfortable post. This is wrong way marketing, because the money can be obtained from something much profitable - quest system.

What do you mean comfortable post for those who paid ?
    those hwo have ingame commander ( message wise ) will only get a facilitation in the message filter ( players/ alliance/ expeditions/ espionage/ battles... ) and a longer duration for the messages to be save in the Inbox and thats it.
    most ppl get commander for these 2 things, and for the esp on moon from galaxy view, so removing one part of it will decrease the value of commander for players and might cause lower subscriptions for it, so less money for gameforge.
    also, the quest system shouldnt ask for money in return for it, it should be free and not paid, the quest system will get GF money in an indirect way, but you shouldnt pay to actually do it.

sirEdward wrote:

Post is a communication tool. See the Facebook and all kind of social network. People want to communicate. Supporting a communication in any game could/will raise the entire game popularity only by that, the people can converse together - what is sometimes a fun. Present version of Ogame post is, sorry to say it, sorrowful. Heavy to find something, your eyes are getting tired only by reading from it...

you are actually write about that, communication plays a major role in the population in any universe and it actually helps, but an ingame message box or chatting system will make loading pages even worst, more lagging, and more bugs...

sirEdward wrote:

We do not need a something like FB, but certainly we need a full developed post (sorting, notes, contacts, directory, sent items, received items - unread items,..) like in lotus notes or outlook. Not strewed in game, but reachable via one part of game - a post. A developer compromise can be made.

Lotus notes is really really nice, but putting it in ogame is hard and as said above, more bugs, more glitches, more problems, which isnt really something nice to have.
    also, lotus notes combine all the already available sorts ( buddy list/ messages/inbox/outbox:for commander/ time/ notes etc... ), so it only actually plays a role of a combiner for all these things, so not a very important add for now in my opinion.

i do agree that communication ways and levels etc... does have a positive effect on the population and is a nice addition, but it has some serious problems in return :/

those are my 2 cents :)
  • May be this post should be in the suggestions area.

It would be nice been able to send messages to various people, even if you are not in the same alliance. Making a ACS and having to send MPs individually to each player, for example, is painfull.

Also, beeing able to use smileys in ingame messages should be nice.

And other option I would like, to email me certain messages received (players mps, battles reports...)

May be other option: having a personal profile (when you clic someones nickname); with avatar image, and some other info like "I sell deuterium in g1, MP if you want more info"

Other options to boost ingame comunication are not very likely to be added : ingame chat (people would know you are ON)
  • DirdamLaer wrote:

May be this post should be in the suggestions area.

yeah, didnt actually pay attention that it will turn into suggestion so moved again :P

DirdamLaer wrote:

It would be nice been able to send messages to various people, even if you are not in the same alliance. Making a ACS and having to send MPs individually to each player, for example, is painfull.

agree, would be good add to be able to send many ppl same PM ingame even while not being in the same ally.

DirdamLaer wrote:

Also, beeing able to use smileys in ingame messages should be nice.

there are addons for such things, and honestly i dont really feel its something that important to be added.

DirdamLaer wrote:

And other option I would like, to email me certain messages received (players mps, battles reports...)

that would kill the RSS feed related to commander, coz then you will get notified by each thing without being subscribed in the commander officer, which will reduce the value of the commander even more.

DirdamLaer wrote:

May be other option: having a personal profile (when you clic someones nickname); with avatar image, and some other info like "I sell deuterium in g1, MP if you want more info"

avatar means more loading, slower gaming, less players happy.
    about the note, that would overwhelm the system, look at electra.org, 7k players, imagine that each player will have a small note in the galaxy view.... that will be alot of adds to the server, which probably will cause more malfunctions and lags ... ( or i think so :P )

DirdamLaer wrote:

Other options to boost ingame comunication are not very likely to be added : ingame chat (people would know you are ON)

even if a security measure was in place so ppl wont know if you are on or off, the problems is with the actual extra loading in the page which isnt really nice.